New grower desperate for advice - Pics attached!

Unknowndank

Greeting all I am a first time grower/patient and new to the community/family. Ive been growing a few plants for 4 weeks now and currently seeking advice. The plants are cherry pie and on an 18/6 regiment. I give them sensi-grow 5ml once a week with superthrive. A fan circulates the air 24/7 and air purifier/thermostat maintains a constant 77 degrees. I water once every 3 days and feed once a week. My lighting is 150w hps w/ 16000 lumen output. Im completely new to the community however im happy to have joined and look forward to learning/meeting new people. All comments are greatly appreciated!
UJi6Ga7.jpg

5hO518N.jpg

E2Tkws7.jpg

XWQnEa6.jpg

VyEnOK5.jpg

Re: New grower desperate for advice, pics attached!

please anyone who can take a look and comment/suggest advice HUGELY APPRECIATED!

From the pictures added thus far everything looks good. What's your RH & distance from the light to the top of the plant?

On a side note. A little "pro tip" is to lower the temp at 'night/dark'. During your 6 hour dark cycle lower it to 21. This will allow your plant to grow at the fastest possible rate. If you have warm temps at night you can stud the upward growth. Marijuana tends to like day/night temp flucuations but always make it gradual. ;) Hope this has helped somewhat. So far so good tho! Cheers

Everything looks good so far, 150w is definitely on the lower end for power, you might want to increase your watts to at least 400w during flower.

How long do you plan of vegging them before you flip? Have you considered any LST training (ie. bending main stem, topping) ? Depending on the size of your grow room, using those methods will help improve your final yield, especially if vertical space is an issue.

I have my own grow journal started in progress as well, feel free to have a look at the progress from day 1, currently 1 week into flower now.

Good luck and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the replies! Im not sure what you mean by RH but assuming you mean Ph it is maintained by the sensi-grow which guarantees a Ph of 5.5 constant. My light is approx. 18 in above plants. I just got a new 250w cfl 6700 which is enormous but gives off little heat and I want to use with my 150w hps. I will lower my temp 77 during lights on to 72 during lights off. Would it be ok to have the 150w hps with the 250w clf and get positive gains from both lights on plants? Very critical question as I will set it up if positive gains are to be expected. Patiently awaiting professional advice. Much love Unknowndank

Thanks for the replies! Im not sure what you mean by RH but assuming you mean Ph it is maintained by the sensi-grow which guarantees a Ph of 5.5 constant. My light is approx. 18 in above plants. I just got a new 250w cfl 6700 which is enormous but gives off little heat and I want to use with my 150w hps. I will lower my temp 77 during lights on to 72 during lights off. Would it be ok to have the 150w hps with the 250w clf and get positive gains from both lights on plants? Very critical question as I will set it up if positive gains are to be expected. Patiently awaiting professional advice. Much love Unknowndank
He meant your Relative Humidity which is something you may want to read up on if you haven't already.
I've learned the hard way that it can be your worst nightmare if not managed.
As far as the cfl... I would definitely throw it in there next to the hps.
Since your hps is small you'll want to add some sort of supplemental lighting especially when you get deep into flower
And your plants look good btw keep it up and good luck
Hope i was helpful

Sent from my LGLS676 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes definitely use both. You should have the sunblaster cfl in there as soon as possible since the 6400k is great for vegatative state. The hps will act as a supplemental light since it's only 150w, place the light closer by 2-3" everyday once flipped to flower, the closer they are the better but watch to make sure you don't burn the leaves. Put your hand over the plants, if it's too hot for your hand it's too hot for your plants

It would be advisable also to purchase a PH meter and PPM meter. Even though sensi offers 5.5 Ph, you need to be using reverse osmosis water otherwise if you are using tap water it will be off. if you will be planting in soil the ph should be 6.5, coco coir 5.8, hydro 5.8.

PPM reader will allow you to see how much dissolved nutrients solution you have, it is imperative you know how much you are feeding your plants. These are 2 items you do not want to "eye ball"

As you now know RH is "relative humidity". This is a very crucial aspect in growing. Here's a quick run down on what stages need certain RH level's. Clones should be kept between 70%-80% RH, In veg it's generally lowered from 70% to 40% (making slight adjustments through a period of time, allowing your plant to transition the change more comfortably, rather than shocking it all at once from 70 to 40 in one go. (which can also effect the end yield) Flowering, anywhere between 40% and 50% depending on strain and conditions. The last 2-3 weeks you want to lower the RH as low as it can go.. getting it down to 10% by the final week is optimal.

As for you new light and using it in conjunction with your 150w. That would be best. That's a total of 400 watts. (your going to need this at least for flowering, just so you can get a better yield.) IF it gives off heat, just find a fan (small one nothing big) and make sure it's pointed on the light during light on hours. MAke sure it's close enough or strong enough to remove the heat from the tops of your plants. But not enough to make your light bouncing around all over the place.

Since you have a young plant, and you started out with a 150w & now adding an additional 250 watts, you have unknowingly made your plants life easier to adjust. Marijuana likes gradual changes. Anything that's to much to fast will have a negative impact on your end yield and stunt/slow your growth down. Remember, the sun is the brightest light we know of, we can't duplicate that brightness. & our plants love it. The more light the better.

As for your CFL. CFL's usually have 25% Blue spectrum. Young marijuana plants tend to need more of the blue spectrum then red. So this is a good thing for this stage of the game! :) But once you start to flip them, flowering plants tend to gradually need more and more of the red spectrum as they get closer to harvest. But no need to worry for your first grow. These are just personal preferences that do make a difference. But not necessarily needed. So with the CFL on you'll help increase growth. :)

What you'll need to think about getting as soon as it's financially feasible is;

PH meter; $10 - $250
RH meter; $5-$200 <------- Online has the best prices (amazon, e-bay ext..)
PPM meter; $20-300
Or

You can purchase PH strips at first if you can't afford a fancy rig - $5 any home hardware/wall-mart/gardening store....

You can also go get a 5$ temp/RH gauge from wall mart if need be. But I find this tend to be unreliable after time. Their cheap, it's what to be expected.. But if you can just get a 20$ one. Saves the headache for down the road..

So I think I've touched based on most of topics really needed at this point in the game. I'll stick around and help out when I can. If you need any other insight feel free to ask. That's what I'm here for !

Back
Top Bottom