New Room, New Lights, New Strain, Organic, Super Soil, DIY COB Setup

Bedroom Farmer - yeah I thought the timber prices were a bit steep too. It takes the guess work out of it but I still feel that there is enough information that anyone can figure out what kind of setup to run and get it cheaper. A lot of guys contact jerry from kingbrite too - thats on alibaba but I have heard good things about them. Cutter must go through them and they pass their bulk order discounts on to their customers because I was able to get better pricing through cutter than kingbrite but worth a look.

Thanks Horasce! lol it is hard work.. I will def taking some steps towards automation after this is finished because it is too much work. I never meant to get them this big I was just looking for a mother plant and had an issue with my mechanical timer that took me an extra two weeks in veg to resolve.

Ill update with pics tonight or tomorrow.

Day 26 Flower. you can see some yellowing. Other plants are borderline over fed so I think Im going to have to mix up two different batches of nutes next feed and go heavier on the hungry plants. Other than the slight allowing they look nice.

20170129_220739.jpg
20170129_220727.jpg
20170129_220719.jpg
20170129_220636.jpg
20170129_215307.jpg
20170129_215224.jpg
20170129_215213.jpg
20170129_215121.jpg
20170129_215103.jpg

Do you have the Mars ll 700?
Yes bru
haha pat I hear you man I have wanted a room like this for sooo long and finally have a house so I could build it. Check out growmau5 on youtube, he shows how to convert mars panels to cob lighting. I'm not sure if it will work with your panel or not. Take a look at cutter electronics thats where I went. I asked like 3 times about returning something and got no response though so the customer service isn't the best but the prices are really good. You might be able to get away with using the drivers for your mars and save some $$. I would check out growmau5 on youtube and go from there.
LoL I know what you mean bru, well I have thought about it and I might sell the Mars panel and purchase either a 8 cob or 12 cob setup for my tent. Wouldn't be running too much power which is a big must for me. Looking at some Vero's I can source locally, aiming for something around 350w draw. Don't really want to go more than that, will aim for the 1gpw mark with that setup

Pat's Mars Hydro II 700W Grow

Pat's Small CFL Grow

I guess using the drivers from that 700 would save you the same money you would get for the used light. But then you would have a running cob light and a lot of parts from the mars panel for other projects. :) the heatsinks, connectors and hangers in there are pretty good too, you could easily run 6 COBs or 300W on them heatsinks if you add the fans directly on top of them.

I used the hanger, connectors and heatsinks for my DIY light and i have plenty of parts left. Now i can use the drivers for future led projects or put some Clu1212 in the mars 2 case for a small mother tent.

I guess using the drivers from that 700 would save you the same money you would get for the used light. But then you would have a running cob light and a lot of parts from the mars panel for other projects. :) the heatsinks, connectors and hangers in there are pretty good too, you could easily run 6 COBs or 300W on them heatsinks if you add the fans directly on top of them.

I used the hanger, connectors and heatsinks for my DIY light and i have plenty of parts left. Now i can use the drivers for future led projects or put some Clu1212 in the mars 2 case for a small mother tent.
Shot buddy but I would rather sell it. Light is brand new, first and only grow, can't buy it here so everybody imports. Would be good for somebody to buy that and I will just buy all my parts new.

Pat's Mars Hydro II 700W Grow

Pat's Small CFL Grow

Today is day 34 of flower. The girls are starting to fatten up nice and get some color. I have a few girls that have yellowed out more than I wanted them too. Its just too many different strains for me to make a mix that will suit them all. The afghan cow plant is growing so good that I am %100 percent I will be keeping one of her clones as a mother. I want to keep multiple strains but the more I keep the more complicated it gets as far as trying to dial each one in. I should really just pick two strains and go with that for moms.

I have a few that the limbs are starting to flop around already. I used silica all throughout this grow which I have not done before and I was really hoping that it would prevent branches from flopping over with weight. It helped for sure but not perfectly. The girls are really just too big for the space, I should not have let them veg this long. Watering them is a pain because I have to crawl in there to avoid brushing all up against and bending branches. I am really excited for the next round because Ill be able to start dialing in way better. I got all the PVC corner pieces I need to make my tables just need to get some 1 1/2" pvc tubing from the store. When this runs done I will make a few changes to the room including the installation of drip tables, each with its own res, with full drainage and sump pump waste water removal. I will flood proof the room too.

My humidity, despite the new dehumidifier, is still fluctuating out of where I want it to be. My fiance is getting me a data logger for my birthday. :thumb: Ill be able to see whats really going on besides min max levels. It measures temp, humidity, and co2.

Im rambling but I will post pics in a little bit. The querkle is starting to turn purple... It will be hard not to keep a purple plant as a mother. Ill post some general pics and try to get some nice bud shots with the strain names.

The jack herrer has been very sensitive the whole grow. It has remained short so the lights keep moving farther away from it and I considered just tossing it out. Its more or less in the way right now. I don't think it will pull much of a yield anyway. My other plants are starving for food and it is over fed. I kinda just move it around in and out of the way.

Hey bansheetah, I am running a little bit of mammoth P, a little terpinator and some teas here and there but mostly just the soil. Thanks man.

Hey guys sorry Ive been absent for a while.. had some unfortunate family stuff going on. So Ill throw some pics up tomorrow but the girls are at about week 6.

Unfortunately my humidity problem came back. The dehumidifier is not working as well as I had hoped. Its a 100 pint a day dehumidifier and they rate it at 86 F. Its should remove 60 pints at 80F and I call horse shit on that. I'm not happy with it and I wouldn't recommend Ideal air. I read everywhere the rule of thumb for dehumidifier size is it should be able to remove the amount of water you give your plants each day. Well even at 60 pints thats 7.5 gallons and I only water a total of about 5 gallons across my 12 plants. Yeah I said 12 plants because I decided to remove the smallest 4 plants to help with the humidity. Since I remove them the humidity has gotten better but it still spikes to 65%. I tried to get my dat logger set up but had issues with the wifi on it so I don't know if the humidity is staying that high or not. Im going to just hope that its staying in the 50% range. I added another fan and removed more fan leaves to help with air circulation. At this point Im just trying to get the girls through. Next run will be so much smoother with the trays I'm building and Ill have way less plants. I have my clones growing along nice. Still waiting to pick the moms and don't know how many strains I want to keep.

I have the 4 plants I removed chopped and hanging in my veg tent to dry. Ill be lucky if I get an ounce off each one but there was enough buds on them I couldn't toss them out. They have been hanging since Saturday. I went and plucked a bud off one of the querkles that is drying and It actually taste pretty good. Ill probably just end up making rosin out of all of it.

Ill post some pics tomorrow. I need to get some bamboo stakes in there the buds are pulling down the branches.

Today is day 48 of flower. Girls are doing good... I had to use some bamboo to help a few of them stand up straight. The afghan cow is packing on the most weight followed by one of the strawberry cakes and incredible bulk. The blue cheese that I cut down smells so good I might have to keep one as a mom. I mean I dried it for a week and without a cureally it is already some of the best tasting and smelling buds I have ever grown. Soo tasty. I'm thinking that the girls will all be chopped at day 60. Some could go a bit longer and some a bit shorter. I'll read evaluate in a week or so but I'm thinking that they will be, for the most part, ready to go around then. Pics to come in a day or so.

Thanks bedroom farmer!

I Def love these cobs and recommend them highly. Can't wait to do a Scrog grow with them and see what they can really do.

Wow this is so much information that I needed to see. I am glad you mentioned the mars 2 conversion because I have been wanting to do that for some time. I am glad to see your grow going so well and I can't believe how big those plants are. I can't wait to see how you do and finish these fine plants.

Hi Freezy
I just caught up on your journal. Things look greet.
I was wondering what your cob spacing is and if there is anything you would change (on spacing)
I'm in the process of building some cob lights and could use some good insight.
I'm subbed and coming along for the ride.
Thanks

Hey Ruce, thanks for stopping by. The spacing is a little over 12" squared. There are two rows of 5 and they are spaced about 14" apart both ways give or take an inch. I have had good luck with the cobs and the spacing I used is okay. I am trying to keep my electric bill down and these do the trick. I still have another 10 lights I haven't made a frame for. I think Im going to add the 10 lights and dim them to pull the same total wattage as they are now but ill be able to get a better spread. I ordered some nice voltage meters that I found on fanleaf's journal so ill be able to get everything spot on. He has some awesome cob builds if you're looking to check some more out.

So I cut the girls down today. The indicas were ready to come down. There was 2 or 3 that could have gone longer but I'm drying in this room so I chopped em at the end of 8 weeks. I will be able to really focus on the room after I get the dried buds out and make the changes I need to. I have a clone of each of the plants I just harvested so I will pick my mothers and flower the rest for the next run. The run after that I think I'm going to switch to coco but well see.

Ill update with pics tomorrow

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to DIY thread.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom