Newb needs help with 2 week old plant

I've been giving my plant 24hrs of the 17w cfl and 12hrs of the 120w cfl, so it has light all day. Is that okay for now? Can I leave all the lights on all day??

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile331405833.jpg

I've been giving my plant 24hrs of the 17w cfl and 12hrs of the 120w cfl, so it has light all day. Is that okay for now? Can I leave all the lights on all day??

Why would you want to? Just wondering if that was your logic or if someone on here told you that you should do 24 hrs of light?

They will grow on 24 no doubt. But it is not just my opinion but it is scientifically proven that plants benefit more from a dark cycle. During lights on is when they are collecting and ramping up on that solar energy and at night is when the majority of the growth takes place.

Plus its always great to look in the tent in the morning only to see the noticeable growth that happened overnight

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

Ok I added more soil and removed the plastic cover from the big cfl light. I just turned off the lights, I'll turn them back on at 12pm, that'll be 4 hours of darkness.

I was told that if I wanted my plant to grow bigger before it flowers I should give it the most light. But...all suggestions help!! Lol. I'll post up if she grew any in these 4 hours...she hasn't had darkness in days.
420-magazine-mobile1706406130.jpg

Just wanted to check with y'all if the color looks fine? It looks a bit yellowish I'm afraid I might be over watering it or too much light or I don't know lol. Maybe I'm just over thinking. The soil looks dry because I just added some more and I'm afraid to over water it. Help! Lol. She's growing really fast tho, just a little unsure about the color. She had about 4-5 hours of darkness today for the 1st time, I had her on cfl 24hrs.

420-magazine-mobile3529794.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1052651020.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1913429665.jpg

Is this ok to use? I sprayed a little on the dirt but none on the actual plant/leaves. It's organic....and there was so many little mites around my plant.
420-magazine-mobile1219359567.jpg

Using cfl's I wouldnt worry about to much light. With cfl you can keep them super close just I just wouldnt let the plant touch the light. The coloring might be minor nute burn. The organic miracle grow does not have added time released nutes (unless it says so on the bag) but it does however have enough nutrients to feed for the first 2-3 months technically due to the breaking down of the composted soil

BTW mikeyxb im pretty sure I told you on your journal but that was a beautiful grow you did. Keep up the good work and I hope your love for growing grows as much as your plants. Also good job on spreading the knowledge you have learned and helping and wecoming the newcomers .

BTW mikeyxb im pretty sure I told you on your journal but that was a beautiful grow you did. Keep up the good work and I hope your love for growing grows as much as your plants. Also good job on spreading the knowledge you have learned and helping and wecoming the newcomers .

Thank you very much cannoisseuras very much appreciated

The way I see it this place helped me a lot and sharing is caring also nice to pass some stuff on it have researched and learned from this place and the net

Newbie Grow

Same here Mikey this was my first solo grow and first indoor grow but with alot of research and all the wonderful advice, help, and support ive received on here (for the most part) my lady was doing well and has made me happy. I do have to say though that I have also had some bogus advice given that probably would have killed my plants if I followed so just make sure to research for yourself and don't jump on the first thing someone tells you. Don't be a lemming and Keep up the great work lol.

Back
Top Bottom