NewBGrower420's Grow Journal

Coco is a medium that has no nutrents. I understand it as a "cotton ball" you give plants food and water throught this. You supply all the ingredients for life. DWC is deep water culture, its hydroponics. YOu have an airstone keeping the plants from drowning by oxygenating the water. Soil is dirt, it has the ingredients for life. you just add water.

Soil-less and coco are the same thing bud. Hydro is when the roots are submerged in water and you just pump air through the water to make sure there is enough oxygen so you don't get root rot.

By the way, you should be giving 1/4 strength nutes to seedlings, not 1/2 strength. I'm pretty sure 1ml of A + B was 1/4 strength though, as I recall the directions on the label was 4ml of A + B.

Let's have another crack at this.

Soil-less and coco are the same thing bud. Hydro is when the roots are submerged in water and you just pump air through the water to make sure there is enough oxygen so you don't get root rot.

By the way, you should be giving 1/4 strength nutes to seedlings, not 1/2 strength. I'm pretty sure 1ml of A + B was 1/4 strength though, as I recall the directions on the label was 4ml of A + B.

Let's have another crack at this.

Thanks Blaze. Im aware that coco & soiless are the same, thanks for clearing that up for him though. Obviously was smoking down haha

Ok heres my results.

Tap water
Ph 8.2
Ppm 160

Promix hp cc runoff using tap water ph to 5.6
Ph 5.8
Ppm 240

Could that be the promblem blaze? Why is my ppm on my runoff of promix higher then the tap im using that contains 160ppm

But im still wondering how did I get 880ppm on this seedling im sure I was mixing correct ratios or even less it was a month old and about 1inch..what do you think bro? And thinking back when I did my first feeding it was a 359ppm but I dont know how I got 800ppm could it be that the 359ppm food and the medium be 250ppm it makes it that 859ppm ?

They probably charge the coco with trace minerals and some microbes. So your medium is not completely bare like mine. That would explain the higher ppm readings.

Would it make a difference if I ran ro water through it?..blaze also I want everything you have. AND I MEAN EVERYTHING im willing to buy it! I want to be successful like you! Come up with a list and ill buy all of it please dont leave anything out. I want the type of soil , nute line whatever water your using and anything else..im willing to bet my last money on this..its really all or nothing and I want it all..I already invested well over 3 thousand US dollars on this and I trust you..make a list and ill follow you..rember all I can use is tap water im planning on ordering a ro unit and paying a plumber company to install it..

I already start to germ another seed. Did I jump ahead of myself? I used another critical because I have faith when we come back to the same promblem we will overcome it. Im scared. Im willing to spend my last money to buy everything your working with..make a list for me please brother..ill buy what you tell me too

Damn brother! $3000??? That is alot of money.

Unfortunately the nute line I use is South African. I think. It's called nutriplex micro, nutriplex gro and nutriplex bloom. See if you can find it.

Have to run now. Xmas function

I'm telling you man, Roots organic 707. Google it. It costs about 20 bucks for 25 gallons. You wont need to feed at all during veg, although you can feed them lightly, because the soil is full of nutrients already. It will get you started very nicely. Im PM'ing more info.

everything changed. Have to work with what i have or stop temporarily . What sucks is i started to germ another seed.Should i stop or do i have enough? I know if i dont change something i will get the same results from the 6-7 times previous. I dont know. I messed up bad lastnight and cant afford to buy anything else for right now.

Sorry bud cant say much except to make the nutrient solution even weaker. If its charged, then you have to air on the side of caution. It will probably look as if you are adding almost no nutrient solution to the water; it will be such a small amount. Probably half what you did before. If that dosent work out, then take a break and try a different medium . thats my best advice

Use only RO water if you try again. As blazingbuds suggested, start with 0.5ml of A + B this time. Good luck!

Got to the stage where i gave my first feeding and using ro water. What i had done was use tap water to get to this stage ph to 6.0 and a ppm of 180 . Until i realised i was going to try the ro water. So when i mixed nutes it was with ro water and a ph of 6.0 (no ph down added) and fed 1/2 ml a & b and am now waiting. The last time i got to this stage i had used tap water ph'ed down and saw tips of my plant damaged within 3 hours ,so now its a waiting game 2 more hours. The seedling was showing color of being hungry so im hoping it answers my question by becoming a flush green seedling!

Back
Top Bottom