Newbie indoor grower

Maine line

420 Member
I've grown outdoors in the past. Pretty basic, water , feed and prune.
I realizing there is a big difference in growing indoors. Making sure you have fresh air , watering is different, feeding is different. Exhaust fans carbon filters. Do I want co2, what type of lights , dehumidifier, do I want to mainline do I want to top the plant, on and on. If i can get through my 1st grow i will be alright for the next.

Cheers

Do you want to bottle feed or go organic?
If you bottle feed then IMO it's easier to just use coco (hydrosoil).
You can water every day with 1/4 strength nutrients in 5 gal fabric pots and not have to worry about too much.
If you want to do soil then IMO that's good for 100% organic type grow.
Need at least 15 gallon fabric pots, a good Clackamas Coots soil recipe, mycorrhazae inoculate, coconut water and aloe vera, cover crop, worms, and pretty much just water most every day once your soil tilth is right.

As for C02 you only need it if your lighting is over about 1200 PPFD, otherwise is does basically nothing for you.
I would get both Dehumidifier and Humidifier.
Lights, the best is build your own.
Other than that probably Budget LED or Mars Hydro would be your best bets

Welcome to 420 Magazine
How many times have we said this eh bro...

Welcome aboard nonetheless ... Great place to come to .. defoil very important indoors

Top from seed 3-4 main if trying to keep low and space is limited .

Hey welcome, Maine! I'm a lot like you, this is my first indoor grow, too, and I'm used to growing outside, but the members here are ready to jump at the chance to make sure we indoor newbs succeed no matter which style we choose, there are pros for every style. You're in good hands here, just let us know exactly what's going on throughout your journals (pics speak the loudest), any concerns, any tips you might have for us. It's all about receiving and giving back. All the very best to you in your growing ventures.

Thanks guys, I'm into week # 10, I'm using promix for the medium. Running 2 hps 400 watt lights. I using hybrid seeds. Using dyna grow veg, now using dyna bloom.
My biggest problem is there seems to be a lot of space between the flowers.

Attachments

• 20200516_141235.jpg
    20200516_141235.jpg
    974.9 KB · Views: 44
Damn, that looks GOOD! I'm currently also using Dyna-Gro nutrients (willing to test others *cough*) with great results, but only one 600w hps for my small box, so you're kicking some ass there because you're evidently able to keep heat issues at bay. You won't be disappointed with the nutrients you chose, and they're super cheap. What size is your grow area, if you don't mind me asking. What strain/breeder is that? Have you grown it before, maybe a smoke report? That distance between the flowers are strain genetics. Welcome, and look forward to seeing you show us your method(s).

Thanks I was feeling down because I was expecting big full colas.
My brother has been growing for many years. We live in different states. He cross breed and came up with these seeds he calls this strain red neck crack. He told me same thing about genetics being cause of gaps, I just wanted a second opinion.
This is my first indoor grow. I build a room in my cellar its 8'x8'. I had to run a heater at night due to cold nights up here. I could go on for ever.
Thanks for responding.

Back
Top Bottom