News's Buds and Breeding

Re: news's buds and breeding.

oh I just thought of something I know that will kill-em and not harm ur plants. Its called Sevin-5. I found it at Menards for 5 bucks but it might run up to ten bucks at the most. Just sprinkle it over ur plants & the under sides of ur leaves. Just a light dusting will do. I used this product on my plant that was grown outdoors and no insects would come around it. It also kills over 65 different insects... This might help ya just make sure to read the directions!! It's just my 2 cents bro.. best of luck..

thanks man. ill see if i can find it. might be tough up here. i need to get water and pest control tonight.

merry ho-ho's dude

Yucca, among other things, acts as a wetting agent. That means it lets the liquids (nutrient solution, foliar spray, etc) make better contact with the surfaces of the leaves or roots. When you are talking nutrients, it helps with uptake.

In this case, when I use it with Azatrol, it helps the active ingredients make better contact with both the leaves and the mites themselves. Water has a lot of surface tension, and when you move to the scale of these mites, that surface tension can prevent the mites from getting properly soaked. Yucca solves that. In addition, it should help the solution to be drawn into the plants' pores. You want to saturate the plant and leave a residue, because that is how Azatrol continues to work over time - once the mites start to ingest the Azatrol-tainted plant matter, it shuts down their feeding and digestive systems and they starve. So if they aren't directly exposed, they will lose in the end anyway. Good stuff in veg. My mentor sprays his veg twice a week every week.

:peace:

where do you buy Yucca?

Rat, ya made me laugh. i do have mites, this i know for sure, i've see the little white f*ckers walking around on MY leaves. am i wrong in saying that spider mites lay big brown/black eggs? either way, i know the garlic/pepper tea helped. definately reduced the populations. where would one go to get these predatory mites?

Spider mites in my experience lay little round translucent eggs on the surface of the leaf's underside. Thrips on the other hand lay little black eggs right in the cells of the leaves on the underside down near the base of the leaf. The thrips I had were wingless, white or pale green and just crawled around tho some species fly. Thrip damage looks like little windows through the leaf while spider mites leave little spots scattered all over the leaf. You should find out for sure what they are tho before launching an assault.

For predators you'll likely have to order them by mail unless there is a year round garden center where you could buy them. Various poisons can be bought anywhere year round. Malathion and other can be used as a spray or a dunk. I recommended a dunk as that way you know the plant us thoroughly coated with it and it's less messy. A spray will work as well. A couple of drops of dish soap or some Safers soap added to the sol'n will work as a surfactant in a pinch if you can't get that Azatrol that Abberation was talking about tho that stuff may be better.

Good luck and a Merry Xmas. :peace:

thanks for the positive vibrations WarBux something like a white fly trap?

LabRat, you're right, i shouldn't attack until i know my enemy. i used the pesticide soap spray cause it's general purpose and the garlic/pepper tea because it's pretty mild. but now that i'm moving into the realm of chemical warfare, more info i needed. i'm gonna bust out my jeweler's loupe tonight and have another look. get deep in and see what i see.

the damage is little spots, not windows, but now i'm not sure about those black things on the underside.

i'm going to look at it all tonight and decide what they are, then pick up pesticide. i've been researching Malathion, but i just don't know if i'll be able to find it here. just have to wait and see.

thanks again guys, Have a Far-Out Christmas! (the cards are a hit!)

checked on the girls, but my camera was dead. they all put on a 1/2" growth in 36 hrs. even the hurting Super Crystal grew nice. i took out my loupe (20x) and put my other next to it (10x) and i still couldn't tell, i need to go to the optimetrist soon. i sprayed with soap and garlic/pepper, but i couldn't see anything moving. a guy i know recommended a spray, i just can't remember what it was. i remember it was aerosol and had like, a bright green label and cap. i may give that a shot.

all healthy, just waiting on a new light. 105w CFL, claims equal to 500w incandescent. it's actually for photography, not growing, but it's the same K temperature and more efficient.

i have received my charges. lots of little healthy clones. i stopped into see buddy's grow and wow. he's running an ebb and flow with 1400w of light on 10 plants. they've all doubled or trippled in size since i first saw them. and healthy! whoo.

i think i'm going to sit back, puff and read a book. catch ya on the flip side.

morning all. finally, an update with pictures. before we get to my girls, i wanna show your the 44 i'm looking after..

IMG_11735.JPG

^ here's the bulk of them, transplanted into small pots till i give 'em back.
IMG_11744.JPG

^ here's one that was looking kinda haggard. sprayed the inside of a glass and covered the poor thing.
IMG_11754.JPG

^ and here's the humidity dome with 6 more cuttings, again all were pretty haggard when i put them under. but, they should be back to normal by tonight.

:passitleft:

and now for my girls...

IMG_11773.JPG

^ Here is the topped Super Crystal (SC), she hasn't had any real significant growth lately, but soon enough, i'm sure she'll take off.
IMG_11802.JPG

^ this is the un-topped SC, notice the nice, new growth?
IMG_11813.JPG

IMG_11782.JPG

^ These are the two ICE mothers. i believe the 1st one has been topped, but i can't remember at the moment. both have new growth again.

IMG_11851.JPG

^ This is the little 3-pronger. she's been very slow to start. not unhealthy, just slow to go.
IMG_11822.JPG

IMG_11873.JPG

^ These two are growing nicely. lots of new growth. lots of new branches. i'm thinking that i'm going to start them flowering in a week or so. just these two, i'm planning to stagger the flowering of the plants.

and here is my LST experiment.
IMG_11895.JPG

^ she's filling in nicely.
IMG_11902.JPG

^ from the top you can see how it's growing around the pot.
IMG_11963.JPG

^ this is what the stems look like as they are pulled around the pot. notice how the purple ridges twist?

:passitleft:
and the seedlings.
IMG_11793.JPG

^ after some difficulty with pH and nutes, i think i've got this one almost figured. this is the Hindu Kush. the internodes are retardedly close together. it's a beautiful thing.

I put the SFR into flowering, in a few weeks i'm going to pollinate the female flowers with ICE pollen from the freezer and see if i can't get some nice seeds from her.

well, that's all folks. keep on, keepin on.

jinkies!! they are good and bad. i'm finding the soil on all the little clones is drying out really fast, obviously some of them are healthy, others... not so much. last night when i checked, there were about 6 that were drooping from drying out, plus the one that's quite obviously dead (in the egg dome) and 3-4 that are looking pretty bad. i feel bad, cause i was supposed to look after these little girls. :/

i have no idea why the leaves do that, they always seem to. i guess that it might be pH, but i don't really know. all the big girls are really nice.

oh! news, i'm going to have a few additions to my little family.. last night i checked on some seeds that were soaking. and two had cracked. one is a random bag seed from a buddy and the other is a strain known as "Galaxy God Bud". i've been waiting on the galaxy to crack for almost a week now and i was starting to think the seed wasn't going to go. i'm very glad it did.

if the leafs are yellowing. Thats not an issue w/ clones. What happens is the roots start to fom then new growth wants to grow out. But since there is no Nutrients readily available the plant has to start taking from itself. Which come via the fan leafs. SO it happens. Just a thought on your sitch.

so, Butch, you figure it's the plant canibalizing itself? that does make sense. that'd mean that i'm under feeding them, yes?

spray? like foliar? hey, i know i asked before, but i'm far far too lazy to go back and look through your journal to find the answer, but is it 2 weeks or so into flowering that you pollinate?

Mist em every 2 days after the first week. And as far as pollenating. If I have a male going I pollenate every couple weeks. But if you just droppin pollen on top and don't have a lot start at week 3-4. That's when the girls are ready and just waiting for the pollen.

yeah, i've just got some pollen i've been savin. i'll wait for a few more weeks before i pollinate. i've never been one to foliar feed, just mist with straight water for extra moisture, you know?

The only time I foliar feed is if I think the plant(s) might have a deficiency then I'll spray them with what I think they need and see if they get better or worse. IMO spraying is for clones or perking up a dry plant.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom