NGK - First Time Grow - DWC AK-47 LED SS440

Update have both fans running 24/7 now. Did a res change just now used about 4 1/2 gallons of water. Ppm of water was 150 added small amount of nutes 4 ml of sensi grow a and b and 2 ml of the b52. Hope I don't fry my lil baby but the new growth looks real good.
Ppm 260 PH 5.7 temp 70f. I hope that doesn't hurt her. Can you explain the Mn not for sure what that is. Will post pic later on.

Mg is magnesium, if you have a deficiency in it, the main symptoms are stems turning purple.
IMO you don't need to worry about that at this early stage, your plant it pretty much a seedling still, and won't be taking in huge amount of Mg.
The Mg you have in your base nutes should be more than enough at seedling stage. The problem is not any deficiencies I promise, I stand by my prognosis, it was LED light stress.

image9274.jpg

Here's updated pic. PH 5.7 res temp 70f and ppm was 240. New leaves tips look a lil burnt not for sure though and thanks for all the help guys.

people do 1-2 weeks at a time I personally do once a week so every 7 days

The plant is looking better NGK, I agree with Chronic as far as the nute burn, nothing major, but try not to go above your current PPM for at least another week.
When you do your reservoir change tomorrow try to keep it at the level its at now or even a little lighter. Less is more for nutes in DWC.
I change my reservoir once a week also, every Friday night.;)

It has been and will be once a week for me. Agreed you could run it 7-10 days but on the long end of that your nutes will have deplenished(sp).

I think it's based on how much your plants feed. Mine didn't feed much during veg and only just started to see a loss in water with the first week of flowering. My PPM never dropped below 1k.

If your going to monitor your PPM just watch for the drop.

For example...my PPM last night was above 900 after change out. This morning it was just above 800. I'll check it tonight if I get home in time before lights out but I suspect it will be lower.

As expected I got home after lights out...so armed with a green light (phone app...lol). I checked the water and PPM is holding steady at 815, PH was at 6.0, within range but on the high side so I added 20ml of PH adjusted water that was adjusted to 2.2.

This is my routine for adjusting my PH. up or down I have some water on the side already adjusted. The up is adjusted to 9.0 and the down is adjusted to 2.2. I usually add 5-10ml at a time and wait to see if it changes before adding more.

Renegade

I actually hardly ever add nutes in between res changes I only add plain water most of the time

I actually hardly ever add nutes in between res changes I only add plain water most of the time

You beat me to the punch Cronic and if I miss stated something I apologize. No, I NEVER add more nutrients only PH adjusted water. I knew that the water was ok because of the high PPM. That's why I rarely get nute burn. I think only once or twice and it was meationed the day before res change out and was told not to worry about it. I got one or two tips that turned.

Renegade

looking good NGK :thumb:
fluxing if im not mistaken you should have started by now the stem is starting to harden your gonna get a harder time bending it over without snapping it
you can top it already if you want to some people would id wait for another node or 2

Also when should I top and start to flux any suggestions.

NGK,

Pop over and check out LightAddict's guide to Fluxing. It may not be too late for Flux.

He usually waits till he has at least 3 nodes but I believe he trains the most developed lateral below that. You have a good lateral set going now. It's not the stem that you want it's that set of laterals. Not sure exactly how he takes the top off but the journal walks you through it. And he is available for help.

I think you should have pop'd the top bud after the node your going to keep. But I bet you could top it above the same area and begin training those laterals out.

I hope I'm right but please, please check with him first.

I'm hoping it's not to late. The more of us Fluxing the more of us learn.

I'm going to flux my next go around. May even try 2 or 3 at a time. Got my new lid from StealthHydro to play with.

Renegade

Back
Top Bottom