NGK - First Time Grow - DWC AK-47 LED SS440

Here :) now lets see what we can do! :)
Now looking at your pics your a bit stuck lol. With fluxing to make it easy you top and have your girl sank to the point of the laterals are skirting the soil or the level of pot rim that your training to! :)
Your a little to developed in my opinion. The only way you could flux her would be either chopping her right down to just above that lower node with branching (setting you way back) or you could go higher and strip below. This would give you a held up high flux that might cause problems with training. Also many anchor points are needed for the restraints.
If your reall set and fancy it ill walk you through it all. Yet to be honest I would try a different style this run. As fluxing needs to be started really early to get it done correctly!
Hope that helps and holla at me anytime :)

Setting him back how far???

Time? Hell we all got time...lol.

Either let her grow and SCROG or give it a go with what LA as your teacher.

And that's what I was thinking. Not a proper Flux...more like a Topping but it will allow you to try the Flux and keep it low. Top it just above that first good node with the best laterals.

IMHO...if this is a hobby and nothing more then you might as well listen to the Professor and see what becomes of it.

Anyway, looking forward to your decision.

Renegade

Thanks guys. I have some time but not a whole lot. LA think I'm just gonna top and scrog for my first grow and get a grow under my belt and some exp I think it might be a lil easier for me to scrog. You truly have a great growing style LA. I will try your flux next grow. Will update later today when I do res change. :thanks:

I would just top it and grow it out for a first grow
why not keep it simple make sure you get a good result before you start
going nuts, cloning sogs scrogs is more advanced techniques that's probably best to at least get one
regular grow under your belt so if any issues arise when you start getting fancy you have an idea what you should do
just a thought as I like to kiss

Res change tonight. Having same problems again with leaves with spots I have pics but can't upload right now for some reason won't process them tried twice now. I think it's my res temp doing it roots have slight brown tint to them I think its dye from nutes. She is starting to uptake nutes now ppm was 240 when I changed last time and it's at 190 now will try and post pics later. Will try to post pics later when I change res out.

Hi NGK.
Change out your reservoir and get some ice packs or bottles filled with ice into your reservoir to help keep the temps down.
If your plants are taking in nutrients and water but you still have some brown spots on your leaves its probably not nute burn, its a deficiency of some sort because your PPM's are nice and low. When you change your reservoir and feed your plants try upping the amounts your feeding and try to get around 300-325 PPM. Your plants should be getting big enough now to handle a little more nutrients.

Thanks stealth and also if I open tent up and leave it open do u think that will help keep temps down

Yes it will help keep temps and humidity down to leave the tent open but the smell might get out a little more also.;)

In the summer time I use plastic juice jugs (2L) filled with ice to help keep the temps down. I have two reservoirs, so I have 4 bottles. One for each closet per day and the spares in the freezer for the next day.

image9651.jpg
image9652.jpg

Here's pic of roots still trying to upload shot of leaves.

That's a big root mass, but like you said, looking a little brownish.
Lower temps in the reservoir will help, you also could try H2O2 23-29% hydrogen peroxide from your local hydro shop. It will help clean up the roots and keep root rot at bay, its also good for your plants in moderation.
I usually give 1ml/gal of H2O2, but be very careful and wear gloves, and possible eye protection, cause the stuff will burn if you touch it directly.

if theres similar color in the nutes the color on the roots could be the result
my roots in the ball area look brownish from the nutes I use which is organic and not recommended
for anyone using sprayers as it probably will clog lol
if I use a different nute which I have it was a different color and the roots had a slight tinge of that color too
but it isn't slimy if theres slime there then its saying something

can you take one of the whole plant I wanna see the leaves on the whole plant
if its just the bottom I can show you some of my bottom leaves which I don't even pay attention to lol

Good stats for the reservoir change and water temp. I agree with Chronic, If its just a bottom leaf or two, and all the newer growth above is nice and healthy looking, its not a big deal and nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom