No Green Thumb: First Grow

Lol im a germaphobe so the cleaning up part im real good at... Haha

I might wait till the a.m to start it though i dont wanna start at night

This shows it better doesnt it... Those are the banana things they talk about... I just want to be 1000% sure and im gonna to that thread right now. With my ladies back pain it might be the perfect start to helping her with the pain
Personally, I would snip off the balls and keep growing. Especially since he/she is alone in the tent. I have had 2-4 hermies on a plant that yielded 2 oz, 8 seeds, and didn't polinate anyone else in the room.

If this seed was bagseed, it's probably hernie genetics, and the mother plant yielded bagseed, didn't it?

Personally, I would snip off the balls and keep growing. Especially since he/she is alone in the tent. I have had 2-4 hermies on a plant that yielded 2 oz, 8 seeds, and didn't polinate anyone else in the room.

If this seed was bagseed, it's probably hernie genetics, and the mother plant yielded bagseed, didn't it?

Yea but at what stage did yours hermie Radogast? MidWestGrown has just started flowering and I dont see that going well.

Im with the other guys, chop it and just plant a new seed.

MidWestGrown, did you get some quality seeds yet or do you still have bag seed?

Radogast- it def weighed on me i did find a lot of people say never sell a hermie short and thwy have produced good stuff of of them. I was tempted to keep and see the outcome unfortunately i do believe it is genetics and i have others from around that batch.

Hunter is right and i did end up chopping it down. Being that it was only in its barley 3rd week of flower life i didnt see a good outcome.

I was thinking since i have about another week (God willing) for the auto seeds and i think i wanna start another one later today. I have a white seed and for comical purposes but also cuz im curious I'm gonna plant the white one and a regular one and name the journal salt n pepa hahaha

I'm sure I'll always have in the back of my mind what if but i also dont want to hurt any future grow that i would have

It's not unheard of for a cannabis plant, nominally female, to produce a male (staminate) flower early, or even a few of them - and, after the gardener picks them all off, for it to continue as a "normal female." But the odds... are not great. "Bag seed" can be the result of a pollination event from a male plant. That's rare these days (unless it was intentional). Generally, it's from an "oh, sh!t" event. A normal female plant that, late in flowering (natural end of life approaching), in the absence of pollination from another plant, producing a few staminate flowers and pollinating itself (known as "selfing"). The organism exists to create more organisms, after all, and maybe next year those seeds (virtual copies of "mom") will germinate, grow, and get pollinated. In evolutionary terms, that would be considered to be a good/useful mutation. Just not so good for us. Extreme stress can encourage the production of opposite-sex flowers, too. But there's also hermaphrodism.

The seed that produced your plant could have been the result of any of those things. Ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances. However, such a seed growing into a plant that produces opposite-sex flowers (in this case, staminate), so early and with relatively little stress... Is strongly indicative of the latter of those things, IMHO. I would have killed it, too. Especially since you have other seeds on the way.

If you were local to me, I knew you, and knew you were wanting to grow your own cannabis, I'd tell you to look through the box and pick some out. <SHRUGS> I'd probably then say, "They're kind of old, grab some more." It's a shame you don't know any of the locals (to you) who grow their own. Most folks would share without a thought. Pay attention to our Sponsors' section. Occasionally, a sponsor will post a contest thread of some sort - and this includes the seed sellers. The Vault probably does it more often than anyone. Good business to do business with (most of them are, really). I have joked about George giving away the store. It doesn't happen as often, but once in a while, one of them will run a "comparative grow." If you are ready, willing, and able to do a grow of whichever strain it happens to be, that's an opportunity to get some seeds.

Your so smart i wish i could see inside your brain... Hahaha

I actually wanna see with this next seed i plant ( i really don't expect the white one to grow) if it really was genetic...

How fun but I have the luck of the Irish hahaha it wont stop me from trying..

[Q UOTE="Radogast, post: 5003206, member: 208072"]
Done is done. No decision to chop is a decision worth second uessing after the fact.
If I could find my seeds, I'd send you some. I had some good genetics waiting to plant.
[/QUOTE]
If you do ever let me know I'll dedicate a whole journal to it...:morenutes::love:

Lol im a germaphobe so the cleaning up part im real good at... Haha

I might wait till the a.m to start it though i dont wanna start at night

I‘m a germaphobe with a twist of OCD!

I even colour coordinate my clothes in my wardrobe!

LOL

Yeah don’t wake them at night.... I learned that the fucking hard way :(

I‘m a germaphobe with a twist of OCD!

I even colour coordinate my clothes in my wardrobe!

LOL

Yeah don’t wake them at night.... I learned that the fucking hard way :(
I thought everyone did that until I was older color coordination is the way to go... and dark to light! I was diagnosed OCD at 12 lol if I could be I would be agoraphobic but thanks to cannabis it has gotten easier to deal with. I think I was the only one actually excited the world shut down.

I was really good about that it was more so the light going out while it was awake. but it was only for split seconds kind of things. I am gonna plant 4 more from the jar and see if they turn out that way too... this way I know for sure the seeds are bad... the problem is that I know one or two came from a different person and so they could be good ones. I just started the second journal for those 4.... I bet your gonna get a kick out of it...

Hope you had a good weekend TraLa

I thought everyone did that until I was older color coordination is the way to go... and dark to light! I was diagnosed OCD at 12 lol if I could be I would be agoraphobic but thanks to cannabis it has gotten easier to deal with. I think I was the only one actually excited the world shut down.

I was really good about that it was more so the light going out while it was awake. but it was only for split seconds kind of things. I am gonna plant 4 more from the jar and see if they turn out that way too... this way I know for sure the seeds are bad... the problem is that I know one or two came from a different person and so they could be good ones. I just started the second journal for those 4.... I bet your gonna get a kick out of it...

Hope you had a good weekend TraLa
Thankfully I have good OCD, everything in my home has a place, right down to my nail clippers. I like clean, I like straight and I like order. I’m your typical perfectly placed decorative throw pillows on the bed, and good towels that no one can touch displayed in my bathroom lol Tho I will admit, if I don’t keep myself in check, I can teeter close to bad ocd traits.

I have not had a problem growing seeds, and I grew them before joining this place. Smelly old mongrel seeds, I struck 2 from 2 females in Sept, and 2 from 2 when I planted my seeds in April and I’m starting to feel confident they are both female too. I literally chucked them in seedling mix and put them in a sunny spot in my backyard. That was back in the glorious days when I thought growing weed was easy. I will be interested to see what they grow compared to outdoors.

Where is this second journal you speak of?

I worked both Saturday and Sunday, I‘m living my weekend now.

:)

I’m your typical perfectly placed decorative throw pillows on the bed, and good towels that no one can touch displayed in my bathroom

Yikes, that seems more like trying to camp out in a model/display house than living in a home. I recommend a half-gallon of Owens 190-proof industrial alcohol, a pint of grape juice, and several jars of finger paint.

I have not had a problem growing seeds, and I grew them before joining this place. Smelly old mongrel seeds, I struck 2 from 2 females in Sept, and 2 from 2 when I planted my seeds in April and I’m starting to feel confident they are both female too. I literally chucked them in seedling mix and put them in a sunny spot in my backyard.

:thumb:

That was back in the glorious days when I thought growing weed was easy.

Weeds grow themselves ;) . Cannabis practically does; growing it IS easy. Growing copious amounts of da finest kind can take a little effort, though (both before and during). But you'll get there (and then you can get there). Most folks do, sooner or later.

Where is this second journal you speak of?

It's the first link in her .SIG. Something about salt and pepper. EDIT: The first link that isn't crossed out.

Yikes, that seems more like trying to camp out in a model/display house than living in a home. I recommend a half-gallon of Owens 190-proof industrial alcohol, a pint of grape juice, and several jars of finger paint.

Weeds grow themselves ;) . Cannabis practically does; growing it IS easy. Growing copious amounts of da finest kind can take a little effort, though (both before and during). But you'll get there (and then you can get there). Most folks do, sooner or later.

It's the first link in her .SIG. Something about salt and pepper. EDIT: The first link that isn't crossed out.
Different strokes for different folks I guess :) I love order, it makes me happy.

I‘ve really come to learn that. The plants I am growing are from the same seed batch I used for an outdoor grow (I make it sound like I was growing 100 plants when it was 2) which I started in September. The plants I am growing indoors couldn’t be more different. I have learned so much in here. I hope I do, I‘m loving the process :)

Thank you :)

Different strokes for different folks I guess :) I love order, it makes me happy.

I‘ve really come to learn that. The plants I am growing are from the same seed batch I used for an outdoor grow (I make it sound like I was growing 100 plants when it was 2) which I started in September. The plants I am growing indoors couldn’t be more different. I have learned so much in here. I hope I do, I‘m loving the process :)

Thank you :)
Some of us just love growing cannabis. It feels right :cool:

haha TS you always make me smile... I feel my anxiety rise thinking about all the non order.... :rofl:

I think thats my favorite part Rad- It has given me a spark that actually just generally makes me happy. I haven't focused on where I am because I'm happy with what I'm doing. It sucks its got such an ugly cloud because honestly cannabis has saved my life in more then one way. I feel a sense of accomplishment and I feel satisfied in being in the present not always looking at the past and definitely not worrying about the future. Picture a redheaded (not ginger but penny) 135lbs of pure anxiety thats me. I won't take pills I don't knock if they work for people and shit I feel like a member of society if a take a Xanax but I have found that the right kind of cannabis and it takes care of that...

hahaha Tra yes I named the other journal Salt N Pepa (it should have been throwback to the90's) at 35 the 90's were my simple time :ganjamon: Its starting to come along I have 1 that popped and 2 more are close behind. I'm ok if I get 3 out of 6. I have worked weekends since 1997 and its rare I get one off. Restaurants around here are busiest on the weekend and I work online during the week. I'm working on getting my own marketing consulting thing set up so its been really exciting stuff.... (very sarcastic lol its been so boring I don't know if I can look at a computer) I sneak on here to ignore that shtuff

Back
Top Bottom