Nobody's COB Perpetual: Various Strains & Some Edible Fun At Times In A Tiny Tent

US Breeder AK47 (Pf) - Day 63+54
Dutch Passion Colorado Cookies (a) - Day 29+23 -
link to start.
US Breeder White Widow (Pf) - Day 64+16

HSO Raspberry Diesel (Pf) - Day 61 - link to start.
Cali Connection Green Crack (Pf) - Day 47 -
link to start.
US Breeder White Widow (Pf, clone1) - Day 4 -
link to cut.
US Breeder BlueBerry (a) - pulled, will drop another when I drop below
HSO 707 Headband (Pf) - late September w Goo

Radiohead on Amazon Radio....

Mostly thinking going on today. Had a wake and bake since I am around the house till 4 or so.

Veggers - I mixed 1.25L/6.5/400ppm, put in 6ml BB, 1.5 seaplex, 1ml Botanicare tea, 1ml Botanicare Karma, 1ml pro-tekt, gave the WW clone about 250ml of this. (basically only .3) N in the tea. Then I added another 500ml of cistern water and put in buddha bloom to about 600ppm, and buddha grow to about 650ppm total, re-ph'ed and gave this 1.5L to the Raspberry Diesel and Green Crack. I am hoping the RD gets a few more roots before going into flower. I can wait a couple weeks, maybe pulling clones in a week off both plants will help (going to be very busy on the veg side). I might have to pull out another CFL.

AK - mixed up 1.5L/6.4/250ppm, cistern water and molasses. Still drinking well yesterday, assume it will today, lights just came on so will check it out, look at trichomes and say that I will take the first cut this Wednesday and the remaining cut the following Wednesday when I am back in town.

Other Flowers - going to hit them with 1.25L/6.5/400ppm, Botanicare seaplex 2ml, tea 1.5ml, Pure Blend Pro Soil to ppm.

So I am out of town Friday evening till Tuesday evening, my parents are smart enough to dump pre-prepared mixes at set amounts on the plants.

So thinking of nuting pretty hard this week, then going to maybe a 300ppm mixes that are low to no N just to keep hydration and soil going. Half a Liter should be good for each plant daily, the clone can get maybe 250ml every 2 days.

Thoughts?

"Ball no longer manufactures the ubiquitous canning jars..." "Ball sells its remaining interest in Ball-Foster to Group Saint Gobain in 1996 and exits the glass business."

They're now in the aluminum can business which is definitely being affected by the tariffs. Group Saint Gobain doesn't explain the rise in the price of lids, though if they're made here it's probably from imported metal.

"Ball no longer manufactures the ubiquitous canning jars..." "Ball sells its remaining interest in Ball-Foster to Group Saint Gobain in 1996 and exits the glass business."

They're now in the aluminum can business which is definitely being affected by the tariffs. Group Saint Gobain doesn't explain the rise in the price of lids, though if they're made here it's probably from imported metal.

So, who am I supposed to be mad at?

Someone said you were supposed to be mad? Just a bit poorer.

Or maybe just a tad older and bitchier. Ding ding.

Tonight I have on Fiest - Let It Die. I have no clue who fiest is. My wife subbed me to some vinyl of the month club...lotta stuff thats not my style. I like this so far, uptempo, happy, popish, nice eq, nice quiet parts.

I stopped in my local head shop to buy some blunt wrappers and they were having a sale, so I bought a little single hand pipe that a local blower did down in Austin. Like it so far, nice size bowl, fits hand good, easy to get wick to, not tip friendly.

I got in the tent this afternoon to rotate the plants....I pulled out the loupe and looked at a cola and got a small ft ew of amber that are on the buds, not leaf material. Still a few trichomes that are not completely white, but it's in this phase where we begin to see amber and the rest of the unripe trichomes turn white. I then looked at three more colas and saw the same. Who knows, maybe my eyes are better in the PM than the AM, will look again tomorrow.

Plant also looks like it is getting done. Couple colas are leaning (not that I bent).

So, might cut some tomorrow or wed, but count on photos. Going to survey each cola and give it a cut or wait.

US Breeder AK47 (Pf) - Day 63+55
Dutch Passion Colorado Cookies (a) - Day 29+24 -
link to start.
US Breeder White Widow (Pf) - Day 64+17

HSO Raspberry Diesel (Pf) - Day 62 - link to start.
Cali Connection Green Crack (Pf) - Day 48 -
link to start.
US Breeder White Widow (Pf, clone1) - Day 5 -
link to cut.

I need some advice/thoughts on how to handle drying. I looked at the AK and gave it a liter with some molasses. It's ready, some of the lowers could go longer. I plan on cutting most of it tomorrow, and maybe leaving the rest till next Wednesday when I am back in town. Hopefully I will get a smaller batch of some popcorn stuff thats more amber and can be used for edibles (night snacks)....thinking CBN.

My tent is running 78-80, rh 53-58. Muy important.

So, here are my chopping/curing/drying options:

1 - cut tomorrow, trim pretty heavy, hope to be in jars by friday, rely on my parents to burp. This assumes that the buds are ready to go in jars friday, I doubt it....just bc of density.

2 - cut tomorrow, trim pretty light, hang for a week in the tent at the above temp/rh.

3- cut whole plant tomorrow, hang whole plant for a week in the tent at the above temp/rh. I will not get my cbn popcorn stuff I want....oh well.

4-other?

Talk me through this....

Most doing low and slow are doing it in the upper 40s and 50s. I will cut what looks good tomorrow or thursday, leave colas intact on stem and take the sugars down for a decent finished bud.

In the tent we are running upper 50s, outside tent low 60s, I can re-eval friday night and move them outside the tent if their drying too fast. I took three days in the winter with RH in the 20s and 30s. I think we are fine hanging with a week if left on stem and not cut apart.

Thoughts? Fungi an issue?

I have tried drying in paper bags before. It worked wonderfully, but I swore there was a paper bag taste to the weed. Same with parchment paper for cooking even. I guess it does not help that I worked in a paper mill as a kid....it's one of those smells that even the faintest hint of it and I know it's there.

I don't have a conventional frost free fridge. My fridge will not do 60%Rh and 40-55 degrees. It does about 35RH and 35 degrees right now (think walk in-with alot of circulation inside). I don't feel that level of RH unattended will yield the same result as those who are putting stuff in a fridge at 60rh. FWIW...my 'fridge' has carbon on it to kill smells.

I have wine storage, it's at 55 and 60%, that would be freaking perfect if it was not full of bottles. I might look at this going forward. I wonder if anyone in CA has figured out how to turn their mini wine fridge into the perfect long term storage for buds....haha. isn't that about the same temp you want?

Since this is my first CO2 grow, I really don't want to vary my dry or cure now....I am curious if the CO2 has impacted smell, flavor, taste of the buds, if I go tweaking drying and curing I really will not get a good eval of the co2 imo.

US Breeder AK47 (Pf) - Day 63+56 (Cut 1 -285g wet)
Dutch Passion Colorado Cookies (a) - Day 29+25 -
link to start.
US Breeder White Widow (Pf) - Day 64+18

HSO Raspberry Diesel (Pf) - Day 63 - link to start.
Cali Connection Green Crack (Pf) - Day 49 -
link to start.
US Breeder White Widow (Pf, clone1) - Day 6 -
link to cut.

Welp, chop chop.

285g later, hung in the tent till....? Stuffed all the trim in a jar in the fridge till visit #2. Equally pine + floral notes on the nose....pretty nice....weird looking at stuff this green.

Still a bit left on the plant, maybe another 300g wet + more trim.

Mixed up a liter of 400ppm/6.5, gave it to all the flower plants.

Mixing up another 1.5/6.5/400ppm for veg plants.

Clone is doing well...

Back
Top Bottom