Noob Grower AK-47 Closet Grow

MasterSensi

Hey guys first post and first grow. I currently have 2 plants. one on the left is about 3 1/2 weeks old. I Did some super cropping and now doing some LST on this one. One on the right is just sprouting. Here's what I'm using:
3 27 watt 65,000k CFL's

Miracle grow citrus and cactus mix soil (only 3 weeks of plant food)

Shultz liquid plant food 10-15-10
(only using 1-4 strength now)

Superthrive (1drop per gallon)

2 6in pots

Tall osculating fan

After LSTing I noticed fron the side growth 3 new tops were forming!

20af9c82-f02d-b7ed.jpg
20af9c82-f321-c6c1.jpg
20af9c82-f35f-f7b3.jpg
20af9c82-f392-76f8.jpg
20af9c82-f3cf-f8b5.jpg

very nice!

Here's some up to date pictures. Having some issues with dried tips and lower leaves got really bad so i trimmed those off. I also just topped my plant about 3 days ago.Plant has a light green almost goldish color to it. This plant is 5 weeks old. Frow area temp 78-82 I Fertilize every other watering using same strength as stated above. ph of tap water is 6.9. I recently flushed with a full gallon of water fear of it being nutrient burn. I also moved my 2 27w cfls up a lil more ffearing i was giving them heat stress. I decided I didnt want to use that cheap schultz 10-15-10 so I bought:
Alaska Fish Emulsion 5-1-1
Alaska Morbloom 0-10-10
Epsom Salt
Hydrogen Peroxide

Not sure if this was nute burn or nute deficency. so after some research I made a concoction
I mixed 1/2 tsp epsom salt
1 tsp fish emulsion
1/2 tsp H202
1 drop superthrive
1 Galllon water

I know this shouldnt hurt the plant but im hoping it will help any deficiencies. Just gave this to them tonight
photo81.JPG

photo71.JPG

photo610.JPG

photo510.JPG

photo121.JPG

photo111.JPG

photo102.JPG

I just recently put in 2 relectors. Split up 2 bulbs in a y socket for the big one and one for the seedling. I have been misting them once a night with a solution of 1/2 tsp of Epsom salt in a quart of water. Is this ok? I thought it might have been mag defeciency cuz the leaves were folding up. This shouldn't mess with flushing the nutrients right?I was thinking of switching out the soil to an organic soil called Patio Plus but I don't want to mess with my baby too much. Maybe I'll just transplant my seedling into the new soil instead and see how they do and I can compare. Plant is looking very light now. Newest set of leaves has some spots on them, like burn marks. I will update pics tommorow.

Ok just found out my water Ph was 7.8! I had a shitty all in one tester and my friend gave me his digital one. So added some lemon juice to take it down to 5.8. Also added a 1/2 teaspoon of Epsom salt. Next watering I will use this to flush again to get the soil Ph down. Hoping this will help

Ok images were taken about 3 days ago. Trying to keep up with my posts cuz i cant post photos from my phone anymore. Anyway plants started looking really bad but I think the nutes are on there way out because right where I topped 2 shoots nice and green shot up and i noticed it got a lil taller. So growth is still present. will update tommorow.
photo112.JPG

photo103.JPG

Ok quick update. After flushing my plant and waiting inbetween watering cycles I decided to transplant my 6 week old plant ( yeah i know its small) into a 3 gallon bucket. I noticed the roots were starting to poke out the bottom so I felt it was time. I picked out a different soil to use, Kelloggs Patio Plus from Lowes. Its all organic. When I was transplanting I noticed all the roots were bunched up at the bottom so I was glad I was giving my plant more room to thrive. After Transplanting I watered down the plant and the runoff was very dark like coffee. I wasnt used to this because the MG soil runoff was clear. I tested the PH of the dark runoff water and it tested at 9.5??? I read that if the water is too clouded the it affects the reading of the electronic tester. Well, Ill try this soil tester I bought that that you put a tablet in a tube with a soil sample. Anyway day 2 after transplant (today) and plant seems to be fine. Growth on the very top of the plant is thriving growing about 1/2 in a day. The seedling 2 1/2 weeks old needs to be taken out of the miracle grow crap. Also been running a 65watt 2,700 in between both plants i cant keep that on all day raises temp temp a lil high. Im afraid it might be too much light and it will worsen its condition from repairing from nute burn. Anyway thats it for today. Comments welcomed.

photo141.JPG

photo151.JPG

photo161.JPG

photo171.JPG

photo181.JPG

photo191.JPG

photo201.JPG

photo213.JPG

Plant is doing well. Is gaining that green color back. Also the two tops are growing like crazy. So this plant still seems to have some hope for it. It would suck if after all this it turns out to be male.

Here's some photo updates. These were taken this morning. Plant is doing great.
Been using:

1 Gallon of Tap water PH'd to 5.7
1 Tsp of Epsom salt
2 drops of Superthrive
and no nutes.
(Same mixture sprayed on them once a day)

Im so glad the transplant didnt shock plant. I dont think i'm gonna feed it for a while, the new soil should have enough organic nutrients at least for the rest of the veg stage.

Now the pics
photo221.JPG

photo231.JPG

This my seedling. Growth is very slow and showing signs of nute burn. I used the same miracle grow that i used to sprout my other plant with but it did not show any signs of nute burn. I think I need to transplant it with the new organic soil.
photo241.JPG

See nice new growth. I had to trim off some fan leaves that were nute burned.
photo251.JPG

photo261.JPG

I tied it down again. Planning to wrap it snake style around the rim of the pot as the seedling catches up.
photo271.JPG

photo281.JPG

will update again to show the plants quick recovery.

Ok so back tonight for a real quick update. built a box frame for my grow area and still not feeding plant any nutes just PH'd water with some espsom salt.
photo341.JPG

photo331.JPG

photo321.JPG

photo317.JPG

photo301.JPG

photo291.JPG

nice work on fighting thru the issues, MJ is a very hardy and resiliant plant, able to withstand quite a bit of punishment. but it is possible to bring them back, so +reps for the hard work, i'll be following your grow,

trim away your nute burned leaves to encourage more new growth as opposed to the plant expending energy trying to repair damaged ones. and If in the future you decide to use the same soil, no nutes just ph'd water for the first few weeks or so, or otherwise get yourself to the local grow shop and pick up a abag of fox farms ocean forrest, Great stuff IMO

happy growing!:goodluck:

Since my last post I've done my first watering with a very diluted amount of Alaskan fish Emulsion 5-1-1.
After a couple of days I noticed that funky curling of leaves and light green color that I know of all to well. Its getting nute burn again!
photo371.JPG

Ok so flushed once again with
3 Gals ph'd water
1/2 tsp epsom salt
Almost overnight that nice green color came back
photo391.JPG

oh here's the ph run off (water very dark)
photo361.JPG

Ok so a lot of things have been going on and redesigned my little box area.
I seprated the box into 2 sections. Now I have a Veg section and a Flowering section.
photo441.JPG

I decided I wanted to take 2 clones from my plant and then put the plant into flower and keep the clones vegging. I know usually its the other way around keeping a mother plant in veg and taking clones from it. I've already lost some weeks due to the nute burn so I'm growing impatient to know the sex of my one plant. Plus if my plant is female I'll just keep it in flower and enjoy the budz. While the clones are vegging.
photo401.JPG

Ok so about 4 days ago I put my baby into 24hr darkness period then flipped to 12/12 cycle. Using 1 64W (300W) 2700 cfl and a small 24W CFL
photo432.JPG

Ok so I checked her out this morning and holy shit ITS A GIRL!!:slide:
photo421.JPG

photo412.JPG

Yay im so freakin excited. So that means the other 2 clones that I took are going to be females.WooHoo.
Hopefully the clones take root soon the fan leaves that I cut in half are started to yellow. But the clones are not wilting so they're taking water. Anyway thats it for today. :tokin:

Congrats on the girl bro!!:cheer: it's always an exciting feeling to find out the sex when growing from seed!!

are you going to flower the clones as soon as they take root? or let them veg for a while first?

I know quite a few people keep a mother plant and flower the clones from it, but in my case, and I would assume yours due to space restrictions, I flower the mom, veg the clones until they're big enough (around the time mommy gets harvested) then throw the clones into my flowering closet and take 2 clones from on of them, i'm going for a perpetual garden, generation after generation.

Ok so my 2 clones rooted and I transplanted them yesterday into some patio plus. I didn't have any lemons around to ph down my water so I used a diluted amount of Alaska moorbloom 0-10-10 cuz that stuff is acidic. Hopefully won't hurt them.
@Peking, Yes I'm going to flower mommy so her daughters can grow then clone from them. Updated pics coming soon.

Back
Top Bottom