Noob Grower AK-47 Closet Grow

Ok I was walking through Target last night and saw some molasses. I've read people using it but never really researched into it. Looked at nutritional value and it adds calcium, magnesium, and iron. Wow had no idea so I picked some up. How much to use per Gallon?

Ok I was walking through Target last night and saw some molasses. I've read people using it but never really researched into it. Looked at nutritional value and it adds calcium, magnesium, and iron. Wow had no idea so I picked some up. How much to use per Gallon?

I've been seeing that alot lately, I think i might try it as well, from what i've read 1-2 tsp/gal every other watering if i'm not mistaken.

Just read through your grow, are the plants still having any issues? If you look at my grow, is abandoned now, got robbed.... You will see I had a whole lot of similar problems... May wanna use it as a reference, I fucked up in about every way and they still ended up so pretty some dick decided to steal them. Stick with it man, plants looking good, good first grow.

Thanks for the comments guys.
Just watered with :
half a capful of Alaska Fish Morbloom 0-10-10 per gal
1/2 teaspoon Epsom Salt
2 drops of Shultz liquid plant food 10-15-10 (only reason why I added this was because of the micronutes it has .10% Chelated iron, .05% chelated maganese, .05% Chelated Zinc.) Intructions say 7 drops per quart of water might be too diluted but anything helps right.
And here's my runoff
photo571.JPG

Ok now for some pictures.

So today is officially day 1 of week 3 in flower. Man she is stretching!
photo491.JPG

Bud sites are forming. So excited.
photo501.JPG

photo561.JPG

photo531.JPG

Getting some yellow leaves and yellow tips toward the bottom. Not sure if its the leaves that got affecting by nute burn.
photo541.JPG

photo521.JPG

photo512.JPG

After some trimming
photo551.JPG

I might not yield that much from her but hey I learned a hell of lot. Found a grow shop near by and have been reading alot about Cal-mag thinking im gonna pick some up think my baby lacks micro-nutes.
Now onto the clones
Have just been feeding them with
Ph'd water to about 5.7
1 drop superthrive
1/2 teaspoon epsom salt

The 2 clones are on the left. My seedling on the right has barely grown any so think im gonna pull it.
photo591.JPG

Clone #1 is doing very well a lot of vigorous growth
photo451.JPG

photo461.JPG

photo471.JPG

Clone #2 is hanging in there ( she just woke up)
photo581.JPG

I appreciate everyones feedback it helps a lot. Plus I'm on this forum all the time. Ok more to come soon.:tokin:

Hey all. Temps are rising in my closet up to 87. I have a tall fan osculating on my flowering plant (named her Mary) but I guess I'm just blowing around hot air. Have no way to cut I to any walls so the only fresh air they get are when I open the sliding doors. Thinking about changing my light cycles to run during the night. What do you guys think?

Hey all. Temps are rising in my closet up to 87. I have a tall fan osculating on my flowering plant (named her Mary) but I guess I'm just blowing around hot air. Have no way to cut I to any walls so the only fresh air they get are when I open the sliding doors. Thinking about changing my light cycles to run during the night. What do you guys think?

Hi mate you could have the lights cycle like i do it gets hot here at day time i live in the topics in Australia

when im in flower cycle i turn lights on at 6pm and go off at 6am seems to work well but 1 thing you must do is make sure you have no light leeks into the room and you will be fine ...p.s keep it simple and it becomes easy ;)

Thanks Ozman for the response. My plants in veg right next to it seem to be doing fine in that temp so im going to leave the light cycle as it is for the time being and see how they all do.

Here's another pic update.

Mary is getting some yellow curling down leaves and brown tips.
IMG_08959.JPG

IMG_09006.JPG

IMG_08997.JPG

Looked like some kind of deficiency so I did some soil tests. Seems that I have plenty of P and K but not enough N.
IMG_09089.JPG

So with this watering I used:
1 Gal. Ph'd water 5.6
1 capful of Alaska Fish emulsion 5-1-1
1/4 tsp epsom salt
3 drops of Shultz liquid plant food (for micronutrients)

So hopefully that fixes the issue if not I might need to remove top layer of soil and flush (grr I hate flushing!)I took off a couple leaves only pure yellow dying ones and left the rest on I'm hoping the nitrogen will help those yellowing leaves.

Run off PH is still 7.13. I know I should get some lime but Lowe's (my grow supplier) only has it in 30lbs bags. I Also saw a small bag of soil acidfier I should get but funds are pretty tight right now. I was thinking about making my water more acidic like in the 5.0 range to bring down the PH of the soil but I read that water that acidic might burn the roots. What do you guys think?

Ok now for some flowers

Its amazing how fast her flowers are growing! No trichomes yet, not that I can see anyway.
IMG_09067.JPG

Not bad for a phone, huh?
IMG_09057.JPG

IMG_09044.JPG

IMG_08988.JPG

I LST's her a lil bit to get some more light to the lower bud sites
IMG_09098.JPG

Now onto the Clones in veg room.
Just watering them with Ph'd water to about 5.7
1 drop of superthrive
1/2 tsp epsom salt

Clone #1 (named her Jane) is growing like crazy with no nutes!. When she started as a cutting she was about 3 1/2 inches tall. Now she's about 8 1/2 inches tall. Might let her grow naturally straight up, but not sure yet.
IMG_08904.JPG

Here's Clone#2 (havn't named her yet) Her growth is slower than Janes but she was also a smaller cutting. I probably need to transplant her soon then I think she will shoot up.
IMG_08916.JPG

Ok so thats it for today comments welcomed. :grinjoint:

Hi Sensi, I'm a rookie grower too, and I'll pass on a few things I've learned.
Don't worry about the run-off PH. Read DocBud and HempRocket on this issue.
I PH down my tap water to 6.5 after adding 5ml of Cal-Mag per gallon, and after 8 weeks my run-off is still 7.1-7.3, I only check once in a while just for laughs. Take a look at the Osmocote Plus thread. This keeps it real simple. I have OC+ in the soil, then its just tap water and Cal_Mag every watering, and a tsp. of molasses every 3rd watering. My girls are doing fine. The simpler you keep it, the less stress on the girls and on you.:goodluck:

Thanks for the input guys. Thinking about doing some hempy pots for next cuttings. Mary's leaves are getting worse they're all getting the claw symptom and turning yellow except for the lower leaves they seem to be healthy green. I tied down her top bud thinking it was too close to the light and I'm gonna flush her. Buds still look ok though. Jane grew like 3 inches still no nutes.

Just looked at Mary today and she's looking pale green and pretty bare after some trimming. At her budsites I am starting to see trichomes spreading onto the inner leaves. Flowers are still healthy white, no shriveling present. So as it is she's at a standstill. Hopefully she'll recover and get some more leaves she needs those or the buds will be small.

I Lst'd and topped Jane (clone#1) She's stretching like mad but she is very healthy.
I'll probably take a cutting from her to control her growth and gain another girl.

Shorty (clone #2) is looking very healthy, not growing as fast as Jane but when I transplant her into a 1 gallon pot I think her roots will stretch and she'll take off.

I'll put up some more pics once Mary starts showing some progress. LaterZ.

Ok here's mary :( she's not lookin so good. Hope fully with that last flush she will come around. Lot of leaves were yellow and dying so I had to do some trimming.
5-10-4.jpg

5-10-5.jpg

5-10-7.jpg

C'mon Mary you can do it!

Back in the veg room,
Jane is stretching and growing like crazy. She's now 12 inches tall.
5-10-1.jpg

So I took a cutting from the mainstem to control her hieght.
5-10-10.jpg

Using Jane's cuttings I've now got 2 more clones (Hopefully!)
5-10-11.jpg

I also transplanted Shorty into a 6in pot of Patio Plus (from Lowe's)
5-10-9.jpg

Here's an overview of what I have in my little veg section in my box.
5-10-12.jpg

If there's one thing I've learned so far its to not be so eager to use nutes in hopes that you will make your plant look like some of the pro's here. As stated by Ozman "Keep it simple." I have not fed my clones any nutes and they're doing pretty good. The Patio plus soil is doing great it consists of co.mposted ingredients like Chicken manure, kelp meal, bat guano, and worm castings. So no nutes for anything unless I start seeing issues. Gonna try a hempy pot next as soon as one of clones roots. Until next time.

The grow app on my phone has what you're experiencing as potassium deficiency. Could be accurate as you're using miracle grow which usually has quite a low potassium concentration. Nute burn usually burns from the bottom up not the top down. As you know I'm new to this myself and all I have is on paper knowledge not first hand.

Whats the nutrient concentration of the miracle grow you are using? (NPK)

Back
Top Bottom