Not my first grow but I’m still learning and need some guidance

What does that mean?
Per @Azimuth does an excellent job of summing it up.
The way your stacking on the buds it looked like you were applying this technique.
What you are doing is working, so I would stick to it.
Draughting is a relatively new technique being applied by a number of growers and you can follow along on this draughting thread . Basically, at the end of the flowering cycle, it is with holding water for a long enough period to get a specified droop in a leaf you target before you begin.

Often done in the 7th week of flower for 11 days or so.
Thanks for the link and the explanation.
I generally start a variation of the process in late/mid to late flowering.

The general idea is to do it right at the end of flower with just enough time to rehydrate and then chop. Many strains go 8-9 weeks in flower, and in soil it generally takes 11 days or so to have the effect. So, starting in week 7 and draughting for 11 days brings you right up into the harvest window.

For your plant, you'd need to have an idea of harvest date and work backwards.

I'm starting my first one now at 6 weeks because mine is supposed to be a 7-8 week strain. But I've never attempted it before so it's one big experiment.

At the end of the day , as long this plant looks like it’s going along good then imma just keep on trucking along. But good luck on your experience with the technique. Apparently I did it without knowing or trying, idk. But I’m sure you’ll doing fine.

No after flip she will stretch quite a bit....keep her where she is and lower the lights if needed ... And honestly when ever your ready to flip she's ready. And good morning bro
some plants can "stretch" all the way up to week 4-5 when in flower once flipped - consider a 2-3x's stretch when flower is induced If you are concerned about plant stretch flower when a plant is 8 inches tall when you have height limits --12 inches tall is a good place to start flower > also if you are growing indica dominate hybrids vs sativa dominate hybrids induced veg times can be more than sativa dominate strains

At the end of the day , as long this plant looks like it’s going along good then imma just keep on trucking along. But good luck on your experience with the technique. Apparently I did it without knowing or trying, idk. But I’m sure you’ll doing fine.
Thanks, New. And yeah, my grows seem to be one big experiment after another, so I figure why not see what all the fuss is about.

Still trucking away

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I went through a couple of tools before I found the one that works. I started with a loupe like the above. It's OK for a quick glance, but not too detailed and hard to take a picture. Then I got a microscope that attached to my phone's camera. It was really hard to take a decent picture with it, though.

I ended up with something like this:
1654623920303.png

It still takes some getting used to, but after a while I can take a pretty decent tric shot. It also came in handy for looking for mites and such.

Back
Top Bottom