Not my first grow but I’m still learning and need some guidance

It’s so hard, I mean the flower time says 8 to 10 weeks and I’m currently at 8 weeks and 5 days. What should I do?

You should sit back and enjoy the grow. You've got some pretty impressive plants but are no where near harvest since your pictures show lots of white pistils. I don't even start looking at the trichomes until the pistils turn dark and curl in.  Then you are getting close and clear trichomes turn milky and then amber.

The high is most energetic and uplifting at the milky stage, and more body stone/couch lock at amber as some of the THCa turns to CBN. So, depending on what effect you like, you chop at the appropriate mix of trichome colors.

So, put the scope away. Show us your hands and back away slowly....

:laughtwo:

It’s so hard, I mean the flower time says 8 to 10 weeks and I’m currently at 8 weeks and 5 days.
I should also ask, you say you're currently at 8 weeks and 5 days, but from what? Are you counting from flip day or from the onset of pistils?

You should sit back and enjoy the grow. You've got some pretty impressive plants but are no where near harvest since your pictures show lots of white pistils. I don't even start looking at the trichomes until the pistils turn dark and curl in.  Then you are getting close and clear trichomes turn milky and then amber.

The high is most energetic and uplifting at the milky stage, and more body stone/couch lock at amber as some of the THCa turns to CBN. So, depending on what effect you like, you chop at the appropriate mix of trichome colors.

So, put the scope away. Show us your hands and back away slowly....

:laughtwo:
Looking for that body high but I have the most Patience out of a lot of growers. I just don’t want to be slacking

Your right I flipped the lights on April 11th but that’s fine because it’s not all the way flushed so am I feeding or straight water?
You'll find that many (most?) of the breeder estimates are from first pistils, so actual flowering time, but it usually takes 7-10 days of transition for the plant you get there, so you're more likely just at the beginning of week 7. Which makes more sense given your pictures. So, keep feeding them and let the buds grow for you.

Also a lot of branches gotten worse as far as leaning over is it to late to get another netting?
Too late? No. But it will be a royal pain in the arse to put one on at this stage. Might be easier to get some bamboo stakes into your pots and secure the floppy branches to them, and/or one another. For the next round, adding Silica to your nute schedule can help stiffen up the stems to help them hold the weight of big buds.

Looking for that body high but I have the most Patience out of a lot of growers. I just don’t want to be slacking
Lol. You're in good shape. Just some late grow issues to work through (including your patience :laughtwo: ). Add 10 days of transition to your count, maybe that'll help. The reward is that while you still have white pistils, the buds are still building, so if you harvest too early you not only sacrifice potency, you also get less yield.

Where do I get bamboo sticks and will it hit a root in the pot or do u not stick em deep in the pot? So it’s when pistil’s appear. Got it. And what about the autos? I’m going to post a few pictures of them after this message.

Here’s the little tent with the 2 autos

08A49558-66DC-4F41-ACD4-EB833389149B.jpeg

77902D2D-5C8D-4479-92D9-F6F287366FE2.jpeg

A921D9FA-9056-47E3-A88C-D3319E9C7FCA.jpeg

CBA33B8F-A920-4634-AA5D-EA99B2297E3C.jpeg

A333C984-EC6D-4CCA-9F15-391457AFF809.jpeg

3FAF9C31-1320-45D7-B035-F8975F966621.jpeg

5911442B-D09F-4FDC-8CFC-B933D7E25463.jpeg

Where do I get bamboo sticks and will it hit a root in the pot or do u not stick em deep in the pot?
You can do it either way. @Grand Daddy Black just did some with bungee cords around his pot and then trapped the stakes between them and the pot. He's got three journals going so I'll see if I can track down the post unless he beats me to it. You just want it as secure as you can make it.

So it’s when pistil’s appear. Got it. And what about the autos? I’m going to post a few pictures of them after this message.
Not quite. Pistils you've got. Those are the little white and brown hairs sticking out from the bud. They wave around in the air trying to catch pollen in the wind. After a while they begin to dry and die back turning from bright white, to a mixture of white and browns or reds, and then eventually to all browns and reds. That's when you start scoping the trichomes.

While you still have white hairs the buds are still building.

Of course there are exceptions to this like long running land race sativas or plants with foxtails that never seem to finish, but you're likely not in either of those situations.

The white hairs you are watching are very clear in the second to last picture you posted on the bud in focus right behind the one out of focus. They are shooting out of the top trying desperately to catch some pollen.

They ain’t catching no pollen here, so yeah im glad I asked questions because I was not feeding because I wanted to do the two weeks of water to make sure no nutrients was in the buds but u said I can feed still so I’ll do that , I’ll have to figure out where to get bamboo sticks from Because more branches are leaning since my last picture. Checking out your link now.

Your going to stack a lot more bud on your girls if you wait.

Looks like you can pick up bamboo sticks on-line pretty easily. I grab a pack of the green bastards at my grow shop and usually soak them in hot water to get the green dye out. There nice for me, since I cut them in accordance to my need.

The long flush is certainly going to give you clean bud, but be aware a lot of growers will feed their girls up until chop to maximize yields. Personally I'll give my girls bud boosters up until about three to seven days and sugars one to three days from the chop.

Now with that said I typically run with natural and organic nutrients.

Your going to stack a lot more bud on your girls if you wait.

Looks like you can pick up bamboo sticks on-line pretty easily. I grab a pack of the green bastards at my grow shop and usually soak them in hot water to get the green dye out. There nice for me, since I cut them in accordance to my need.

The long flush is certainly going to give you clean bud, but be aware a lot of growers will feed their girls up until chop to maximize yields. Personally I'll give my girls bud boosters up until about three to seven days and sugars one to three days from the chop.

Now with that said I typically run with natural and organic nutrients.
What do you mean sugar?

So no flushing needed, so does that mean you don’t flush? What do you do weeks leading to chopping ?
Feed as normal.

Although the study did suggest that feeding plain water to save money on nutrients for the last week or two of the grow was a viable strategy since weight and potency were not affected by doing so. But that's the reason you do it. It is not for cleaner tasting or burning buds.  That part happens with a proper cure.

It got hit with pollen from somewhere. Outdoors pollen can float on the wind for miles but indoors it is more likely from either a hermie plant that produces both male and female flowers, or sometimes you can get 'nanners' at the very end of flowering as the plant gets frustrated from not being pollinated and throws them out in a last ditch effort to produce seed.

I take it you didn't notice either of them on your plant.

Back
Top Bottom