NuLife's Soilless Lemon OG Haze Auto: Grow Journal 2016

7/26/16 - Veg Week 3 - Decided to do some LST training today, trying to create a star shape.

16-07-26_L1_Wk3_LST.JPG

7/27/16 - Veg Week 3 - Water Day with nutes. I did week 3 of the nutes schedule.

Plant1: 5.70 in 5.95 out ppm 909
Plant2: 5.70 in 5.80 out ppm 934
Plant3: 5.70 in 5.89 out ppm 934

7/28/16 - Veg Stage Week 3 - So today I decided to make a scrog screen for the healthier plants that I was doing LST on. I removed their binds and placed the scrog screen over the plants, and stretched the limbs as far as they could go in a star shape position.

I bought the wood pieces at Hobby Lobby. They were 36" long for $1.89 a piece. I made a screen 36"x22.75"
I also bought eye screws & a thick yarn from Hobby Lobby as well. Two and half packs of eye screws were used at $1.99 a pack. Yarn was $2.39. I used picture frame hanging pieces that I already had in my tool box to support the corners. I made 2" spacing for each eye screw on both sides. I wrapped the yarn around each eye screw and went from screw to screw with the yarn. All one piece. I decided to hang the screen from above so I can move it by lifting it up if I need to, plus it's easier to raise if I need to because of the plants growing. I shall see if this is a good training method. Watering the plants are going to be more of a challenge, but more bud sites should make it worth it.

IMG_68856.JPG
IMG_68878.JPG
IMG_68864.JPG
IMG_688910.JPG
IMG_689011.JPG
IMG_689213.JPG

7/30/16 - Veg Stage Week 3 - So I did what everyone says not to do. I defoliated one of my plants today. I'm still learning so I like to research things for myself. I have 3 Lemon Autos. One is growing very fast and full. One is growing very slow, and one is growing in-between the fast and the slow one. The fast one was very full. The fan leaves were huge and blocking everything. I felt even under the scrog screen the fan leaves were like a blanket laying over the rest of the plant. So I removed about 29 fan leaves. I'm curious what this will do. So I figured the best bet was to try it on a fast very leafy plant, which I did. As you can see from the picture of "Plant1" above from 4 days ago, she was pretty healthy.

Here's a picture of "Plant1" after defoliating. The plant is more see through now.

IMG_68959.JPG

7/31/16 Veg Stage Week 4 - Water Day no nutes,

Plant1: ph 5.76 in 6.08 out
Plant2: ph 5.75 in 5.84 out
Plant3: ph 5.75 in 5.89 out

Does anyone know why out of 3 seeds planted of the same strain within 2 days of each other would be so drastically different in size, especially for an auto?

Sorry took so long to get here. Have something like 100 subscriptions!

Auto's in particular seem to be finicky, in my limited experience. One cause could just be a bad seed/genetics. Another reason could be that some plants are very sensitive to over water or under aeration of the media.

Out of 3 Dark Devils, I had 2 good ones. The 3rd was a mutation.

Looking good Nulife!

Awww no problem Heir, I appreciate you stopping by at all. Thanks for the info. I won't worry about it too much. It's starting to grow a bit, so I think it's just very slow. Will post pics on Weds, nutes day.

You really need to make sure the first 2-3 weeks are ideal for the autos. If not, they're stunted. No way to fix it either.

You're doing great. Very detail oriented. I used to be, lol.

EDIT: I gotta go dig up a pic of a plant I was training in a similar star shape....

8/1/16 Veg Stage Week 4 - So it's been 2 days since Plant1 was defoliated aggressively 29 fan leaves, and training under a diy scrog net. Yesterday was water day, no nutes.

Here are 3 pics to show the differences of Plant1 before/after defoliation. I think I'm very happy with my decision to research for myself and defoliate an Auto plant, and after it's 3rd week. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The last pics are of Plant2 & Plant3 that seem to be picking up a growth spurt.

First pic was from 7/26/16 (6 days ago)

Before Defoliating
16-07-26_L1_Wk3_1_.JPG

Second pic 7/30 (2 days ago) Right After Defoliating
IMG_68959.JPG

Pic from today (2days after) Defoliating
16-08-01_L1_Wk4.JPG

PLUS it's starting to FLOWER pistils showing.
IMG_69359.JPG

IMG_69348.JPG

Plant2
16-08-01_L2_Wk4.JPG

Plant3
16-08-01_L3_Wk4.JPG

Plant3 Before Defoliating Today
16-08-01_L3_Wk4_Defoliation_1_.JPG

Plant3 After Defoliating 11 leaves Today
16-08-01_L3_Wk4_Defoliation_2_.JPG

I got my first new grow tent today. Yay! And it didn't cost a fortune thank goodness. The fabric is crazy thick and strong. Crazy easy to assemble even though the instructions were crap, but as a female I was able to figure it out and build it myself with no help in less than 30mins. There are privacy flaps over the zippers and it actually looks like a wardrobe closet, it's all black. No light leaks, I'm very happy.

I got it on Amazon if anyone is interested, and they have several different sizes. Here's the one I got.
Valuebox Grow Tent For Indoor Plant Growing Dismountable Reflective Hydroponic Non Toxic Room (48"x 24"x 72")
:party:

IMG_69754.JPG
IMG_69774.JPG

8/3/16 Veg Stage Week 4 for Plant2 & 3: Water Day with nutes. I did Week3 of nutes schedule since the plants are not flowering yet. I defoliated Plant3 for the first time removing 13 leaves.

Plant2: ph 5.74 in 5.85 out ppm 914
Plant3: ph 5.78 in 5.97 out ppm 896

Flower Stage Week 4 Flwr Day 3 for Plant1: I did Week4 of the nutes schedule since the plant is now showing budlets. I defoliated her some more about 33 leaves. She recovered very nicely in 4 days since the last defoliation.

Plant1: ph 5.75 in 6.03 out ppm 775

Plant1: 4 Days after Defoliating, and before defoliating today.
16-08-03_L1_W4_2_.JPG

Plant1: After defoliating today
16-08-03_L1_W4_1_.JPG

Plant3: Before defoliating today
16-08-03_L3_Wk4_2_.JPG

Plant3: After defoliating today
16-08-03_L3_Wk4_1_.JPG

Plant2: No defoliating
16-08-03_L2_W4.JPG

Excited today cause I mistakenly figured out how to do the supercropping training technique. What I mean is that, I read tutorials and my brain could not wrap around this concept "bend it but don't break the outside skin" Um huh?! How the hell do you do that? It sounded like some magic trick, especially during my first grow I broke a branch by mistake not even trying, and nearly gave myself a stroke that I hurt the plant. lol Though I did bandage her up with some tape and in less than 2 weeks she created a knuckle like they said would happen so all was good.

I just couldn't imagine how you actually squeeze her then bend her and not actually break skin, and I was terrified of hurting her despite knowing she can heal. But last night I was working Plant3 under the scrog net, and tried to slightly move a branch in the direction I wanted her to go by bending her, and all of a sudden I felt the snap beneath my fingers. Walla she was bent, and the outside skin was perfectly in tact. I wasn't trying to do supercropping, but the minute I felt the snap and saw she didn't have broken skin, I instantly knew I just did supercropping. Yay, I learned another technique, and finally felt confident to do this a few more times to my plant to train it under the scrog net. Which yes, does work very hand in hand with the scrog net, trying to keep an even canopy. By the last supercropping bend I did, I felt like a pro. lol

Plant3: I broke a tree top branch, grrrrr, and taped her up. Crossing fingers.

16-08-05_L3_Wk4.JPG

8/6/16 Veg Stage Week 5 - So I decided to start watering my plants that are in the cococoir/perlite mix in air-pots more regularly. Up until now, I've been watering twice a week, once on Weds with Nutes and once on Sunday without nutes. After reading quite a bit it seems that cococoir needs to be watered more often since it's a hydro medium. I was watering it like a soil, letting it dry out before watering again, which apparently not the greatest idea, supposedly plants will grow slow doing it that way in cococoir. Even though my plants look good.

I also think it makes since that my plants needs more regular feeding of nutes instead of once a week. Now it will get nutes twice a week. Once the plants are in flowering stage and buds form, I will start watering every day. I will still be giving plain ph water every other nutes day, this way nutes salts don't build up.

I have also come to the conclusion after a lot of reading on Autos (by Atrain and theBeast27) that I started the bloom nutes too soon on Plant1. Apparently I'm not suppose to add bloom nutes when I start seeing pistils/budlets, but when I actually see buds forming around Week6-7. So since today is a ph water only day, Plant1 has been flushed a bit, so I will go back to Week3 of the nutes schedule tomorrow for Plant1, and all Auto plants.

Plant1: ph 5.85 in 6.02 out
Plant2: ph 5.84 in 5.94 out
Plant3: ph 5.75 in 5.86 out

So I noticed something weird today. Though not sure if I have enough experience to know if it's actually weird or if this is a common thing. I have 3 Lemon OG Haze growing in this grow. Plant2 has been very slow about 2 weeks behind the other two, though it's starting to pick up growth wise. But today I noticed the leaves are completely different than the other 2 plants. On Plant1 and Plant3 the leaves are thin and have 7 fingers. On Plant2 the leaves are fat and 5 fingers. Is this possible with the same strain growing the same exact way as the other 2? Can someone please confirm one way or another.

Here are the pics.

Plant1
16-08-07_Lemon1_Leaf.JPG

Plant2
16-08-07_Lemon2_Leaf.JPG

Plant3
16-08-07_Lemon3_Leaf.JPG

8/7/16 Veg Stage Week5 - Water Day with Nutes, plus some defoliating. Plant2 looks like she has a little magnesium deficiency so I hope with feeding nutes more often that will help and I've tweaked the ph a little bit up to get more magnesium. I'll also filled a pump spray bottle with nutes water so that will help keep the soil moist between watering.

I went back to Week3 of the nutes schedule for all plants as stated in yesterday's post.

Plant1: ph 5.70 in 6.00 out ppm 863 - defoliated 37 leaves
Plant2: ph 5.86 in 6.01 out ppm 823 - defoliated 13 leaves
Plant3: ph 5.85 in 5.95 out ppm 950 - defoliated 17 leaves

Plant1: Before Defoliating
16-08-07_L1_Wk5_1_.JPG

Plant1: After Defoliating
16-08-07_L1_Wk5_2_.JPG

Plant2: Before Defoliating
16-08-07_L2_Wk5_1_.JPG

Plant2: After Defoliating
16-08-07_L2_Wk5_2_.JPG

Plant2: Magnesium Deficiency possibly