OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1LB!?

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

nice, i used the tomatoe trelesus before with great sucess but i put mine upside down so i could use and bend the feet where i needed it to be to tie up or direct the plants. just a hint. your system looks great.have fun.

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

Thanks vick. Ive never seen your the promix in person and Im already using half coco(i buy the GH bricks). So maybe I will do a promix/coco mmix this next time...if you dont mind me copying lol Im not sure if I will ever do 100%coco I want to eventually do high brix stuff like icemud and docbud, their plants stay so healthy and produce well! But theres sooo much I want to try after joining this site, I dont think any oof my grows will be the same for a whiiillleeee lol

Heck no, I don't mind at all!!
You could copy my grows to a T if you wanted, and it wouldn't bother me a bit..
Actually it'd be quite flattering lol..:bigblush:
Try different things, investigate other grows and ask lot's of questions!!
Icemud and docbud are very knowledgeable growers and have a lot to teach us while heading down the hi-brix road to success.
But that's why we're all here right, to share and learn?
When people start talking shit on here and gloating about how green their thumb is and blah blah blah,
people steer clear of those kooks pretty quick, and they end up finding another site to beat their chests on..
That's what makes :420: so much more inviting than other grow sites.
There's a sense of community here,
I don't know, maybe I'm just high, but that just rules in my opinion..

Kay...

There is Soil, Soilless and Hydro. I said "basically hydro" too remember.

Soilless mixes are made up of/contain Pumice, Vermiculite, Perlite, Sand, Peat Moss, and Coconut Coir. Unless fortified with nutrients, soilless mixes contain no nutrients. Read the definition of hydro..."The process of growing plants in sand, gravel, or liquid with added nutrients but without soil. Mycorrhizal fungi form a symbiotic relationship with the roots of plants, therefor, more considered a root inoculant. It is a fungus, but doesn't need to "cook" . Also, they is not nearly enough in there already.

I have done many different styles over the years but have also had many pump failures and fittings come loose. I still have a 16 site flo n gro that will be pulled out in the new room. I find that organic soils not only have the best tasting bud, but don't make you cough or burnout either. I want to use Promix for a bit to see what I'm working with before I "build" my soil. Even if your doing 5gal DWC bro you have to watch the temps!! I use to use 5 gal buckets and had to toss a frozen 2L in every 12 hours.

whatever makes you happy right? I have to keep 2 dispensaries happy lol. I honestly was just tryin to be a nice guy and give a heads up bro

That shit is crystally as fuck Vick!
It seems quite sparkly doesn't it!!
Thanks Jimmy!
:high-five:

Kay...

There is Soil, Soilless and Hydro. I said "basically hydro" too remember.

Soilless mixes are made up of/contain Pumice, Vermiculite, Perlite, Sand, Peat Moss, and Coconut Coir. Unless fortified with nutrients, soilless mixes contain no nutrients. Read the definition of hydro..."The process of growing plants in sand, gravel, or liquid with added nutrients but without soil. Mycorrhizal fungi form a symbiotic relationship with the roots of plants, therefor, more considered a root inoculant. It is a fungus, but doesn't need to "cook" . Also, they is not nearly enough in there already.

I have done many different styles over the years but have also had many pump failures and fittings come loose. I still have a 16 site flo n gro that will be pulled out in the new room. I find that organic soils not only have the best tasting bud, but don't make you cough or burnout either. I want to use Promix for a bit to see what I'm working with before I "build" my soil. Even if your doing 5gal DWC bro you have to watch the temps!! I use to use 5 gal buckets and had to toss a frozen 2L in every 12 hours.

whatever makes you happy right? I have to keep 2 dispensaries happy lol

My bad about the "basically hydro"

Agreed about the organic buds tasting so deliciously smooth..
I can't wait to see that 16 site flo n gro of yours.
I don't mind tossing a icepack in the bucket every 12 or so(and have already bought a bunch) , they're a lot cheaper than running a chiller that's for sure.

You're supplying 2 dispensories!!??
Damn brother, it's become a business for you now.
I can see now why things have been a bit stressful for you and the mrs.

All the best brah!

edit: you don't have to try and be a nice guy UG, you already are..
and thanks for the heads up.

Oh my goodness, I have no idea why but this made me panic! :laugh:

I don't know what it is about soil that makes me feel safe, and it makes me want to pick the pots up and cuddle the girls all the time.

You never know though ... a few grows down the line I might just want the challenge ;)

No need to panic Fluffy!
I think it's rad that you feel safe with your potted ladies!
Do what feels right for you, there's no need to try scary things when whats working for you makes you happy!

nice, i used the tomatoe trelesus before with great sucess but i put mine upside down so i could use and bend the feet where i needed it to be to tie up or direct the plants. just a hint. your system looks great.have fun.

Good idea gairbud.
The only reason I didn't flip em upside down is because thought it would squish the colas to close together not allowing enough air movement between buds. But awesome if it worked for you!
That being said, I think there are no limits as to what people could come up with using thee things. I mean after all they're just pieces of wire! The possibilities are endless! I think we could manipulate them any way we want to enhance our individual grows.
Thanks for reminding me to get the cutters and pliers out. I said I was going to try and make some custom ones with the old ones from my last grow. I have 11 of them with only 5 plants to make them for, so If I use 2 and cut and combine them, I think I could come up with some pretty nifty little units.
:thumb:

:blushsmile: I like you :hug:

No need to panic Fluffy!
I think it's rad that you feel safe with your potted ladies!
Do what feels right for you, there's no need to try scary things when whats working for you makes you happy!

I want to see those cages when you finish them...:thanks:

I'll come find you when I get some made..

Hey Vick, what do you use to prevent and control pest and fungus?

I start by trying to keep my space as clean as possible. Almost OCD clean.
Try not to over water, as this can bring mold. Try to keep RH's a low as possible in flower. Lot's of air movement, with a strong scrubbed exhaust fan running 24/7.
There is 5 other fans in my 5x5 tent to keep everything circulating and fresh.
Use Mosquito dunks in my water res's to deter fungus gnats and other root munching critters before they spawn.
Also use sticky traps around the pots in case the dunks don't kill all the gnat eggs, It traps the parents so they can't reproduce.
I haven't ever had a problem with mites. :wood: So I can't comment on what to use for them. But I shouldn't speak too soon, as it's gets colder with winter hitting, mites have their way of finding their way into even the most sealed and cleanest grow rooms. Ask any vet and they'll tell ya, its not a matter of "if" it's a matter of "when" a grower gets mites..

Looks like it was set-up in the Dining Room maybe?:cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

close,
it's in the weed growing room..

I'll hold my shit to myself for now on unless asked lol.

I feel you bro, there's 1000 ways to skin a cat and really, if your happy with your results not a single thing should matter. I really, really didn't mean to come across like a dick. Your an excellent grower and put a lot of detail and effort into your garden, keep doin what you doin :bravo:.

The worst part is that it's not a business. I had a very sad moment about 3 weeks ago at my favourite dispensary, I see a lot of the same people weekly and have gained some great relationships. This one extremely friendly girl would always buy 1 gram at a time due to her financial status, and very sadly had Cancer. She died a week ago and it hit me so hard...I am now going to donate the majority of my meds to two of my favourite dispensaries. I want to do what ever I can to provide people with their medication if they can't afford it, especially the terminally ill. That's why my goal is to switch to organics, so buying in bulk won't cost me much and I wouldn't want to donate much else.

I'm real excited for this next run of yours tho bro, seriously!! your going to have a fatty colourful harvest!!:passitleft:

Hey man, i would only hope that you would chime in on whatever you want here bro!
Hope I didn't harsh you out at all. lol
You totally know you're shit, and apologize if I didn't seem grateful at all.
I should be thanking you for dropping your knowledge for others to learn from.
You've given me props all through my grow, along with a lot of positive support.
so :high-five: it's all good..

And I must give you my sincerest condolences on your friend passing..
That really sucks man. It must be a tough time for you right now for sure.

But I think your decision to donate to those dispensaries as a result, is absolutely commendable!
seriously! I mean come on!! that just rules on so many levels..
I want to do the same thing eventually, and was just talking about it with the mrs. the other day.
Weed should be free to those that are terminally ill, period. And we all as growers should kick in to help ease the pain a bit..
It should almost be as important as, donating blood, or donating food to foodbanks. If my weed could help to ease the pain of a suffering human being, then I don't need much more to make me happy, other than a little personal to ease my pain too..:winkyface:
:passitleft:

Hat's off to you UG, for real..
If that shit don't deserve a rep?
I don't know what does..

The worst part is that it's not a business. I had a very sad moment about 3 weeks ago at my favourite dispensary, I see a lot of the same people weekly and have gained some great relationships. This one extremely friendly girl would always buy 1 gram at a time due to her financial status, and very sadly had Cancer. She died a week ago and it hit me so hard...I am now going to donate the majority of my meds to two of my favourite dispensaries. I want to do what ever I can to provide people with their medication if they can't afford it, especially the terminally ill. That's why my goal is to switch to organics, so buying in bulk won't cost me much and I wouldn't want to donate much else.
We just had our first dispensary open here yesterday, but the "so called" compassion clubs that have sprung up prior to that are in it for nothing but profit...not supposed to be what it is about...some people are soooo greedy.:scratchinghead:

We just had our first dispensary open here yesterday, but the "so called" compassion clubs that have sprung up prior to that are in it for nothing but profit...not supposed to be what it is about...some people are soooo greedy.:scratchinghead:

I'm goin ta glendale later to check this out, I've never been to one, all I know is that it's real obvious that there's no compassion with these fools. You donate to a dispensary, they make profit off you. You're forced to buy their product if you live within 25 miles of one. This is criminal, being forced to buy tomatoes when we can grow our own? This state is at least in the friggin stone ages, and what is sheriff joe gonna do about it?, he's going to ignore the will of the voters and do what the hell he wants.......this state is nazi scary....if you want to donate, donate to individuals....I KNOW how much it costs to produce a hundred pounds of medical..... these are crooks.......both sides!!!!

Back
Top Bottom