So, got my amendments today to re-amend my soil.
I stripped off about 90% of my mulch layer, then sprinkled a handful of Bokashi on top, then added about a solid 1" of quality 3 year aged Fish Compost then mixed in a good two to three cups of amendment which is...
Karanja cake
Kelp meal
Crustacean meal
Fish meal
Gypsum
In equal parts.
Then another handful of Bokashi, then a light sprinkling of cover crop.
Watered that in with Yucca water.
Put my mulch layer back on and now let it sit two weeks to cook and let the worms work their magic.

20210603_155042.jpg

Most mulch stripped off.
20210603_155336.jpg

About 1" of quality well aged Fish Compost.
20210603_155453.jpg

Two to three cups of amendments.
20210603_155650.jpg

Mixed all in
20210603_155905.jpg

Handful of Bokashi to help break down everything. Plus a little cover crop.
20210603_160742.jpg

Both pots amended and mulch layer back on.
20210603_165425.jpg

Everything all cleaned up and put the lights on 12/12 until cover crop comes up then go to 20/4.
I changed the 7 gal pot to a 10 gal on the left.
The 7 gal was just woefully inadequate so squeezing a 10 gal in and see how that goes.
In about a week I will start 3 autoflower seeds in solo cups and 7 days after that will transplant into the final pot.

So, got my amendments today to re-amend my soil.
I stripped off about 90% of my mulch layer, then sprinkled a handful of Bokashi on top, then added about a solid 1" of quality 3 year aged Fish Compost then mixed in a good two to three cups of amendment which is...
Karanja cake
Kelp meal
Crustacean meal
Fish meal
Gypsum
In equal parts.
Then another handful of Bokashi, then a light sprinkling of cover crop.
Watered that in with Yucca water.
Put my mulch layer back on and now let it sit two weeks to cook and let the worms work their magic.

20210603_155042.jpg

Most mulch stripped off.
20210603_155336.jpg

About 1" of quality well aged Fish Compost.
20210603_155453.jpg

Two to three cups of amendments.
20210603_155650.jpg

Mixed all in
20210603_155905.jpg

Handful of Bokashi to help break down everything. Plus a little cover crop.
20210603_160742.jpg

Both pots amended and mulch layer back on.
20210603_165425.jpg

Everything all cleaned up and put the lights on 12/12 until cover crop comes up then go to 20/4.
I changed the 7 gal pot to a 10 gal on the left.
The 7 gal was just woefully inadequate so squeezing a 10 gal in and see how that goes.
In about a week I will start 3 autoflower seeds in solo cups and 7 days after that will transplant into the final pot.

Great post on how to reamend for the next round thanks Nunya!

I am trying to get there! Mine is buttery too but I’m not as dialed in

Have you ever seen rove beetles up in the foliage? I suppose they are primarily soil dwellers but wondering if they would climb the stem to feed if spider mites were invading fan leaves?
Yes I've seen Rove Beetles roaming around the plant, some will get stuck in the goo which is a pain but a couple dozen Rove Beetles in my buds is better than a 1000 fungus gnats.

I started with nematodes, worms & hypoaspis miles but think I’ve got the clap.... looks like mite eggs under fan leaves. I’m prolly gonna pull the trigger on ladybugs & rove beetles. Considering that californicus biotch too, I’d rather not have any mites up there but idk what’s best. Just no more nasties, yeah I’ll bud wash and all that jazz but seems I can’t catch a break on crotch critters

Ok few updates.
One is that I seem to have put a dent in my Rove Beetles when I added an inch of compost on top and some amendments that seemed to thin out the Rove Beetles and at the same time exploded the Springtails.
The Rove Beetles thinned and Springtails exploding has given a brief break for the fungus gnats to pop out, the Rove Beetles are eating the tons of springtails so the fungus gnats are able to sneak through.
I assume the Rove Beetles will come storming back and thin them all out.
So to help I am going to water with some Gnatrol for about 3 weeks.
First time I've seen fungus gnats in over 3 years.

I put 3 Honey Peach CBD seeds in 80⁰ water mixed with aloe vera and tiny pinch of Rootwise Microbe Complete yesterday, this morning they had already popped.
So I filled 3 solo cups with Buildasoil Light soil and took about 1 gallon of water and a teaspoon of aloe vera and just kept watering and poking with a bamboo skewer until there were no dry spots.
20/20 hindsight this probably would have been easier to overfill the cup 3x times then dump into a bucket and add probably a bit less that 1 gallon of aloe vera water and then mixed in the bucket like a cake batter and then fill the solo cups back up with fully hydrated soil.
So I did it the hard way like a fool.

Anyway, however you do it you want the soil fully hydrated no dry spots.

Then I popped the germinated seed into the solo cup.
I am going to assume they should pop up probably by Saturday night.

Ordinarily i would expect at best 1 out of the 3 autoflowers to grow, but the Honey Peach CBD seems to be a solid cultivar that is ready for prime time.
So in about 9 days I should be transplanting into the final pots and unless the soil is too hot I am expecting all 3 to actually grow which may be wishful thinking but we'll see.

I will put Yucca Extract in all water, will add a pinch of Silica at least once a week for 4 weeks and at week 2 in the final pot will give a Sprouted Seed Tea of Alfalfa.
First week of flower will give one dose of Buildabloom and Biophos and thats it, all other days will be plain water.

This is where I like to see my seeds when I plant them, just barely cracked open no tail showing.
This guarantees germination and makes it very unlikely to harm the tail unless you're a bull in the China shop.

20210610_114540.jpg

They are under 24 hours of light, enough to bring the heat up to 79-80⁰ and I am keeping the humidity at 70%
That keeps the conditions steady right where it needs to be to get good germination.
Once it pops above ground will lower the intensity to about 300 PPFD at about 23" the heat will drop to about 74⁰ and will adjust humidity to stay at 70% for a week.

So in about 2 weeks I'll know if these 3 act normal or get stunted for whatever minor reason.

So to help I am going to water with some Gnatrol
Wow! Since Safers discontinued their similar product(garden dust) I've been keeping an eye out for just this Nunya! Awesome!
First week of flower will give one dose of Buildabloom and Biophos and thats it, all other days will be plain water.
Any reason you're going with a single application? If my memory serves, the product calls for every 2 weeks.

Wow! Since Safers discontinued their similar product(garden dust) I've been keeping an eye out for just this Nunya! Awesome!

Any reason you're going with a single application? If my memory serves, the product calls for every 2 weeks.
Because I believe this soil is pretty damn rich with nutrients at this point and these are autoflowers that in general don't seem to like too many nutrients.
They should be done in 10 weeks and a large pot just reamended should be ample nutrients for that short of a grow.
Thats my feeling of it anyway.

Because I believe this soil is pretty damn rich with nutrients at this point and these are autoflowers that in general don't seem to like too many nutrients.
They should be done in 10 weeks and a large pot just reamended should be ample nutrients for that short of a grow.
Thats my feeling of it anyway.
I'd easily agree.

And so it begins.
Put in water to germinate Wednesday night, about 12 hours or so had cracked open, put in ground Thursday and Saturday afternoon already popped above ground.

Giving them a couple teaspoons of super oxygenated Yucca Extract water 3x a day keeping the soil moist.
Lowered light intensity to about 340 PPFD and rH steady at 70-75%

Chunky little baby

20210612_183108.jpg
20210612_133727.jpg
20210612_132429.jpg

Back
Top Bottom