Old guy back to smoking weed after a 25 year career break

CharlesBukowksi

Hi all,

I quit smoking weed when I was in my 20's many years ago and am back. Oddly, when I quit smoking, I didn't miss it that much. I found life was better without weed. BUT I'm older now, have finished a long career as a network engineer and am enjoying a little weed late at night.

I'm new to growing and just finished my third grow. I'm really struggling with issues mid flower, everything is healthy and looking great until around week 6 of flower and then all hell breaks loose. I'm hoping to make new friends here to learn and to gain growing skills. I'm looking for some good mentors to help get me out of my flower rut.

Anyway, I hope the folks are nice here on this forum. You know how people can be on the internet. I'm not into ugly arguments, negativity, or anything intentionally unpleasant. I also try to stay away from controversial topics in grow threads and will ignore anything off topic. I'm here to make friends and to learn. (hopefully---my luck has been mixed on other forums)

Welcome! As another "Old Guy", I know of what you speak, I had an almost 30 year break due to my job. Retired and now enjoying all life's pleasures again. I think you'll find that this is a very civil forum. Yes, people disagree, but it rarely gets ugly or personal, and trollers don't last long. Again, Welcome and jump in whenever you feel ready. BTW, early to mid-flower is when most problems occur. (Ask me how I know)

Welcome! As another "Old Guy", I know of what you speak, I had an almost 30 year break due to my job. Retired and now enjoying all life's pleasures again. I think you'll find that this is a very civil forum. Yes, people disagree, but it rarely gets ugly or personal, and trollers don't last long. Again, Welcome and jump in whenever you feel ready. BTW, early to mid-flower is when most problems occur. (Ask me how I know)

Nice, glad to know I'm not alone. I checked reviews of grow forums and they mentioned that this was a good place to make friends. Anyway, I hope to learn from the experts here and to help as I can.

Thanks for your comments on late flower problems. As with many things growing, it can get complicated. It's normal for leaves to yellow late flower to some degree so it can be tricky to know if you have a problem or not. (if that make sense)

I'm thinking I have soil drainage issues and have posted a thread asking for help. I'm taking a little grow break to get my act together and to work this out.

Welcome to 420 Magazine Charles Below on my post is some helpful links plus the contest with prizes.
And I agree with @greenjeans i wasn’t old at 52 now 68 I now feel old .
But enjoy I was just passing through at the moment and hadn’t greeted anyone in months , will be back in the fall .

Hi all,

I quit smoking weed when I was in my 20's many years ago and am back. Oddly, when I quit smoking, I didn't miss it that much. I found life was better without weed. BUT I'm older now, have finished a long career as a network engineer and am enjoying a little weed late at night.

I'm new to growing and just finished my third grow. I'm really struggling with issues mid flower, everything is healthy and looking great until around week 6 of flower and then all hell breaks loose. I'm hoping to make new friends here to learn and to gain growing skills. I'm looking for some good mentors to help get me out of my flower rut.

Anyway, I hope the folks are nice here on this forum. You know how people can be on the internet. I'm not into ugly arguments, negativity, or anything intentionally unpleasant. I also try to stay away from controversial topics in grow threads and will ignore anything off topic. I'm here to make friends and to learn. (hopefully---my luck has been mixed on other forums)
Welcome to 420 family and nobody is ugly or negative here just grower’s helping grower’s. And please patronize our sponsors they make all this possible and you usually get a discount for being a member. Happy growing.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @CharlesBukowksi

What kind of growing do you enjoy?
Do you have any images you would like to share?

Here are some helpful links to help you navigate the forum,

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Welcome to the 420 Magazine community forums! Our website is dedicated to spreading Cannabis and Hemp awareness throughout the world. We are a mature, friendly community that appreciates your participation. To get started, we encourage you to visit our Introduce Yourself - 420 Magazine forum...
www.420magazine.com

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest and win free grow stuff form our sponsors.

420 Contests

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

This is way better!

I'll tell you this, the weed today is way too strong. I kinda miss the old days when you could smoke a whole joint, the stuff today has me hiding on the couch way too often.

It's funny, let's take Northern Lights as an example. its coming in at 18% or so THC and is not considered high to todays standards. A few small hits and I'm totally f-ed. Life is good !

Welcome fellow old guy trust me when I say you are amongst a bunch of old stoners , hippies and ex-outlaws (in some states) wait till we start posting pics of our grandkids. you could not find a better place I been here 6 months and I feel like im in grower college the people here are happy to help and have fun doing it. if I can help you with anything I have limited knowledge but im willing to share what I have learned

Welcome fellow old guy trust me when I say you are amongst a bunch of old stoners , hippies and ex-outlaws (in some states) wait till we start posting pics of our grandkids. you could not find a better place I been here 6 months and I feel like im in grower college the people here are happy to help and have fun doing it. if I can help you with anything I have limited knowledge but im willing to share what I have learned
So far, everyone here seems to be amazing! I think I'll be very happy here.

Now, I'm off to do a few bong hits of my latest harvest, Durban Poison. It's only a few weeks into cure but I think I can get a little sample in. I've never tried Durban Poison we'll see how it does.

30 - 33% THC? Lol, that ain't right man! too strong for a lightweight like me !

Just out of curiosity, I was really high when I created my username here. Can anyone notice the misspelling, or should I just leave it alone? Hell, I'll just leave it. I was surprised I got the name so easily.

Hi all,

Good evening my friend hope you are well. :ciao:
Welcome to 420Magazine. :welcome:
Hope your garden is wonderful.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Just out of curiosity, I was really high when I created my username here. Can anyone notice the misspelling, or should I just leave it alone? Hell, I'll just leave it. I was surprised I got the name so easily.
My handle is Phytoplankton (bottom of the food chain), who am I to say anything! (Lol)

Back
Top Bottom