OldMedMans's 3rd Grow AirPots and 6 Strains

Thanks GD I'll be over in a minute! I want to see the upcanning process too! :)

not really anything to it. You take the clones when they are mostly dry in the beer cups.

You duck tape the bottom hole of the pots (so all the soil doesn't go flowing out the bottom)

You mix up your soil with your amendments perlite, guano, worm castings, whatever you use, or FFOF like me and 25 % addition of Perlite

you put in a coulple of cups of soil in the bottom of the new pot

put the clone in. if the lowest branches don't reach the top inch of the cup, add more soil, try again. Get it to where the lower growth is 1 inch above the soil.

Bury the clone in the new soil. Water with either Superthrive, or your preferred root enhancer. Till it comes out the res.

Check the soil daily with the finger buried to the second knuckle on my finger, if it feels dry or just the slightest bit damp, I water. otherwise I wait overnight. I went through the Overwater blues so now I wait for the soil and plants to tell me if they need water.

That's about it.

She'll be going into a 6 inch pot, and then maybe a gallon pot, and final resting place will be a 10 quart pot perma vegging under a t5 with cloning, LST, and FIMing to keep the growth in check.

Am I missing something?

Oh yea, I am changing over to Technaflora's nutes. They are making my other plants so beautiful and lush.... So FFOF soil with Techniflora Nutes.

I plan on taking clones to do in Hydro. So I'll keep you informed as to the growth with her in a hydro enviroment flower, and Soil during Veg.

If you have more questions just ask!!

G

Wonderful GD :cheer::cheer::cheer:

I couldn't have put it any better! You are starting to sound like an old pro! It's amazing all you have learned in such a short time!!!! :):)
Don't ya just love this growing stuff? Addictive as hell though! :yahoo:

Playing catch up....my DSL modem went belly up a week ago, finally back on the air.

My, how your garden grows ol buddy. Most impressive meds, equaling or surpassing any meds that have graced these fine pages. Outstanding work.

Here's a cheap alternative for checking soil dampness. Get some bamboo BBQ skewers, stick one in the soil for a minute or so, pull it out and check for any saturation. The dry, porous bamboo will absorb any moisture, and are long enough to get to the bottom of most pots, thus giving you a good idea of bottom-to-top moisture levels. Also eliminates the chance of disturbing delicate roots from digging around with your finger.

Good to be back. Can't wait to see the colors your ladies will wear when they get close to harvest.

Aloha.

Playing catch up....my DSL modem went belly up a week ago, finally back on the air.

My, how your garden grows ol buddy. Most impressive meds, equaling or surpassing any meds that have graced these fine pages. Outstanding work.

Here's a cheap alternative for checking soil dampness. Get some bamboo BBQ skewers, stick one in the soil for a minute or so, pull it out and check for any saturation. The dry, porous bamboo will absorb any moisture, and are long enough to get to the bottom of most pots, thus giving you a good idea of bottom-to-top moisture levels. Also eliminates the chance of disturbing delicate roots from digging around with your finger.

Good to be back. Can't wait to see the colors your ladies will wear when they get close to harvest.

Aloha.

Man I love it when you come around OldSkoool! :) You pet my ego and it starts to Prrrrrrrr!
And now I feel :yahoo: really good.

I'll have to get some of those skewers. Don't BBQ so don't have any. Thanks. Makes perfect sense.

How's the new Wanda and growth? Probably still building a good root base.

I can't wait either! This is when times slows down and takes forever!

Wait a minute! I'm wishing my life away! :)

Just coming by for a visit my friend. Your ladies are really putting on a show for everyone...and are showing you how good of a dad you are! :cheer:

Took a bit and was starting to worry me, but my SLH I put in on the 4th just started stretching last night...she has a few funky leaves showing hot spots in the soil from not letting it cook together properly, but she is picking up drinking significantly so the more I water the more that will meld together (I hope)...and I am thinking water and molasses only brother! (Will see if I can control myself and not nute her later... :smokin:)

Aloha OMM, and :peace:.

Just coming by for a visit my friend. Your ladies are really putting on a show for everyone...and are showing you how good of a dad you are! :cheer:

Took a bit and was starting to worry me, but my SLH I put in on the 4th just started stretching last night...she has a few funky leaves showing hot spots in the soil from not letting it cook together properly, but she is picking up drinking significantly so the more I water the more that will meld together (I hope)...and I am thinking water and molasses only brother! (Will see if I can control myself and not nute her later... :smokin:)

Aloha OMM, and :peace:.

Hi Buddy.....Good Morning to you:)
Dad I am and loving it. :) I'm really starting to understand growing one or two strains at a time is really the way one should do this. I learn things about each strain and how to treat it, but then won't be growing it again for a long time. Good notes would almost do it. There is that "You just it feel like that's what's wrong or right for a plant" thing.

Great about your girl taking off! Here we go again.:) So the soil you made is going to be all she needs? This will be interesting my friend. I think your right about her drinking more will help things mesh. As you said. Hope so anyway!:grinjoint:

Aloha High and have a Great Day!

Man I love it when you come around OldSkoool! :) You pet my ego and it starts to Prrrrrrrr!
And now I feel :yahoo: really good.

I'll have to get some of those skewers. Don't BBQ so don't have any. Thanks. Makes perfect sense.

How's the new Wanda and growth? Probably still building a good root base.

I can't wait either! This is when times slows down and takes forever!

Wait a minute! I'm wishing my life away! :)

great idea about the bamboo....got tons of them....hubby uses them to spear slugs with....that works also....L

Hi Buddy.....Good Morning to you:)
Dad I am and loving it. :) I'm really starting to understand growing one or two strains at a time is really the way one should do this. I learn things about each strain and how to treat it, but then won't be growing it again for a long time. Good notes would almost do it. There is that "You just it feel like that's what's wrong or right for a plant" thing.

Great about your girl taking off! Here we go again.:) So the soil you made is going to be all she needs? This will be interesting my friend. I think your right about her drinking more will help things mesh. As you said. Hope so anyway!:grinjoint:

Aloha High and have a Great Day!

I swear I am not plant whispering...or at least they don't whisper back...:smokin: Sometimes the pot does seem like it is saying "Smoke Me" though.

I am doing that "most logical answer is the most likely" thing when reading my plants and all the newer growth is undeformed (stopped most of my worries at least for last night...), so by that observation and that I know I have some pelletized ingredients in the soil so was almost expecting isolated issues with ph or excess nutes as the roots find pockets of nutes / supplements. I was worried about it because while she was growing the first 5 days, she didn't have large light green tops (new growth) and I know her for a girl that likes to grow crazy (several inches a night in heavy stretch on her meristems) when happy...that was what I was looking for.

Now she is doing that so I am happy....and I know my soil is fine but needs to gel together more. :tokin:

And getting to know your babies does help...I know SLH is a resilient plant I can abuse with my Mountain ways....:) (Her soil is relatively very hot so shouldn't need anything but a bit of molasses til she is done...but I will probably give her a few doses of cal-mag too.)

And if you only grew one or two strains, what fun would that be...:smokin:

Aloha my good friend and you are doing great with your girls.

Hey there my friend!!!

I landed a new customer at our biz today and have been very busy attending to their needs today.

But I did manage to transplant the White Widow Twins into separate pots. The bigger Sprout got the 1/2 a two liter bottle, and now the other end is a Funnel! HAHAH The other plant is still in the 3 inch germination pot. They are both in FFOF soil with a 25% addition of perlite. I'm crossing my fingers they survive the stress. They look good as of 5 mins ago. So here's hoping. I have some pics of the transplanted girls and the new setup in my J.

Thank you so much for your input. I truly value it!

G

I swear I am not plant whispering...or at least they don't whisper back...:smokin: Sometimes the pot does seem like it is saying "Smoke Me" though.

I am doing that "most logical answer is the most likely" thing when reading my plants and all the newer growth is undeformed (stopped most of my worries at least for last night...), so by that observation and that I know I have some pelletized ingredients in the soil so was almost expecting isolated issues with ph or excess nutes as the roots find pockets of nutes / supplements. I was worried about it because while she was growing the first 5 days, she didn't have large light green tops (new growth) and I know her for a girl that likes to grow crazy (several inches a night in heavy stretch on her meristems) when happy...that was what I was looking for.

Now she is doing that so I am happy....and I know my soil is fine but needs to gel together more. :tokin:

And getting to know your babies does help...I know SLH is a resilient plant I can abuse with my Mountain ways....:) (Her soil is relatively very hot so shouldn't need anything but a bit of molasses til she is done...but I will probably give her a few doses of cal-mag too.)

And if you only grew one or two strains, what fun would that be...:smokin:

Aloha my good friend and you are doing great with your girls.

Plant whispering is good :ganjamon: I do it all the time. They seem to like it. A few sweet nothings, ya know.:ganjamon:

Of course you use "most logical answer is the most likely". It fits with how you think, Logically. I attempt that too, but I go too far and get confused. :reading420magazine: Guess that's why I like OC+, throw it in and forget it. You gave that to me....Thanks!:thanks:

When I did make my own soil it seemed like I didn't mix it very well. I thought I did, but it had too many hot pockets. Rambling again. Update in a few.

Aloha High May the bud fairy visit you soon!

Hey there my friend!!!

I landed a new customer at our biz today and have been very busy attending to their needs today.

But I did manage to transplant the White Widow Twins into separate pots. The bigger Sprout got the 1/2 a two liter bottle, and now the other end is a Funnel! HAHAH The other plant is still in the 3 inch germination pot. They are both in FFOF soil with a 25% addition of perlite. I'm crossing my fingers they survive the stress. They look good as of 5 mins ago. So here's hoping. I have some pics of the transplanted girls and the new setup in my J.

Thank you so much for your input. I truly value it!

G

Hi Galadriel :ganjamon:
Hey that's great! Every new one helps! :welldone:

Good job, replanting those girls. They will be fine now. It's rare when I lose one that has started to sprout and replanted it. Be over to see what ya got a little later. :ganjamon:

Day 55 of Bloom for the big ones

Day 26 of Bloom for the rest.

Front Group View
grp35.jpg

Group left side view
grprlrft.jpg

Group right side view
grpright.jpg

Columbian Gold
colbuds.jpg

Columbian Gold
colbuds2.jpg

The Church
church118.jpg

The Church
churchbud1.jpg

To be continued

wow, the menehunes could hang a hammock in the Church's goalpost.

great photos. trichomes look nice.

not too long, now.

thanks for the update.

angus

Aloha OMM! Looks like things are going great here. All the pics look great, but those pics of the Columbian Gold are just fantastic. Looks like a big yielder too. Congrats!

Hi OMM, sweet update. Moby is getting really fat. I love the look of those tops on the Columbian.:thumb:
They're all looking good. Your fems seem to be sorting themselves out nicely. VK looks like she's in a hurry, heheh.
Love all the bud shots, they're really loading the trichs.
Great job, my friend.:bravo::welldone:

Aloha OMM,
What an amazing update :bravo:...the growth rate you have sure is a thing beauty to watch...man I need to figure out how to get the sun to come in my closet...my jaw just drops...airpots/FFOF/OC+ and the supplements you are feeding them is the ticket! :thumb:

I sure am happy you are gonna have a bumper crop of what looks to be some of Hawaii's finest Medicine. You sure deserve it brother!

:peace: to you and Jo from my little garden, still waiting to hear the tinkling of the bud fairy...sure wish that was tinkling bells instead...:smokin:But she is what she is...:ganjamon: I try not to judge.

Back
Top Bottom