On first grow - In flowering & top leaves light green - Some yellowing spots

Smells like dry grass, not the good grass... Like my lawn ... Hope that changes..

That's Chlorophyll . You didn't dry them long enough. Generally, you need to hang a plant for a week to 10 days (sometimes longer). I'd pour them out onto a paper bag and leave them for 24 hours in a dark closet. Bottle them and check for the smell next day. If it's still there, do it again. At some point the pot smelll will return. It's there now, just inside your bud. Break one open. You'll see.

Smells like dry grass, not the good grass... Like my lawn ... Hope that changes..

My experience has been that the fresh grass smell disappears when the bud dries and cures.

That's Chlorophyll . You didn't dry them long enough. Generally, you need to hang a plant for a week to 10 days (sometimes longer). I'd pour them out onto a paper bag and leave them for 24 hours in a dark closet. Bottle them and check for the smell next day. If it's still there, do it again. At some point the pot smelll will return. It's there now, just inside your bud. Break one open. You'll see.

Good advise. I sometimes just open the jar and lay it on it's side if mine is a little too damp.

So if I get the humidity packs , can the produce cure in my mason jars without burping or opening every day.. I will be away for 5 days during curing... Rather not have the kids burp my mason jars

You still need to burp but not as often as when it was damp. I was in the same predicament as you and just rested my lids on top covering about 95%. There was enough circulation to keep it at the perfect range.

I've seen a couple people show speed it up a little by putting a bout a cup of rice in a nylon stocking at the bottom of their jar. The rice also absorbs the moisture.

So I want t do a stealth outdoor grow, spring in the northeast... Just one plant..., In a protected greenhouse? What material let's in god's lovely sun, but keeps my neighbors, although they are good folks, out of my business... Tx

So I want t do a stealth outdoor grow, spring in the northeast... Just one plant..., In a protected greenhouse? What material let's in god's lovely sun, but keeps my neighbors, although they are good folks, out of my business... Tx

From my experience with greenhouses up here in the NE, I would steer clear of those cheaper PE mesh type greenhouses. You’ll only get one season (if that) out of them here in the North East. However, for one plant stealth grow, theses style greenhouses might be an option for you, if you find one with steel frame, you could simply just replace the cheap mesh covers as needed. A company called Outsunny, IMO make more of a higher quality PE cover, powder coated solid steel frame. I think I paid $140 for 8x6x7.
I’ve had great results with the polycarbonate greenhouses, minimal 6mm. More $, and privacy may be an issue with the neighbors.

Bud rot is mold. It has nothing to do with watering. Too much humidity during flowering and/or drying would do the trick.

Yes some airy buds.... Hope to get it right next grow.. germinating a seed as of today... May start it inside and hi outside. Some of my rookie errors, over water , over nutes with FF trio... Too much loven...

Thanks,. So I have some dead leaves, stems on my buds... Never saw any mold... So probably not bud rot....?

I've never had it. Just read about it. It will stink like something you don't want to be putting in your body. Imagine rotting fruit and chuck in something nasty. You will also see it.

Your buds look ok to me. I think you chopped them too early. I've done it before. Certainly going to be smokeable.

man, throw it out, dont smoke that shit bro, I see mold on it. Did you end up just cutting and putting in the jar before your trip? You would of been better off throwin into a paper bag while you were gone. If you dont dry it out good, you get mold in 2 days in the jar if it isnt opened the first week. Those boveda packs are good for maintenance, not to to dry. What is important in the burp process, is removing gases, and the humidity pack doesnt do that.

man, throw it out, dont smoke that shit bro, I see mold on it. Did you end up just cutting and putting in the jar before your trip? You would of been better off throwin into a paper bag while you were gone. If you dont dry it out good, you get mold in 2 days in the jar if it isnt opened the first week. Those boveda packs are good for maintenance, not to to dry. What is important in the burp process, is removing gases, and the humidity pack doesnt do that.

Yeah something doesn't look right for sure.

Back
Top Bottom