One Seed In The Ground

WELL HERE SHE IS THIS MORNING. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I THOUGHT I WAS OVERWATERING IT CAUSE I WATER IT EVERY OTHER DAY AND THOUGHT THAT WAS TO MUCH. BUT I GUESS MY SOIL IS DRAINING BETTER THAN I THOUGHT.

THANKS AGAIN LESTER...... YOU GET SOME REP. MAYBE 2 OR 3

AFTER
20140902_074135.jpg
20140902_074146.jpg

BEFORE

20140901_150946.jpg
20140901_150953.jpg

Told ya man! :)

I knew they needed water and you would wake up to some beautiful plants (as long as you watered correctly, which you did! :surf:)

To be honest, the "drooping" fatigue, if timed correctly for each watering, meaning if you actually let it get right to the point of drooping and THEN water (like you did), than you will see enhanced plant performance, better allocation of nutrients equally, in other words it will have a very nice homeostasis and you will see a beautiful nitrogen fade (as we see), and higher yields with bigger and more potent buds.

James the Green was the one who filled me in on his little watering tricks, I did them last year and my buds were solid as rocks.

So yeah, good job. I'm glad it was that simple. Don't you love when they perk back up like that? Just makes a person feel good :circle-of-love:

One more thing I'd like to add. This is one of those things that "develops personality" in my ladies.

You don't water according to the soil, you water according to the plant, and what she says.

When you first notice the drooping effect than you can water (you may have waited a little long), so you can sense her personality when she just starts to droop, and then you water, and that will help maximize your yield.

You have done a great job with this garden, keep up the good work :thumb:

:goodjob: joedaddy. Looks like it's all worked out for the (very) best. Now have a great day.
:bravo: Lester. And a good lesson is learnt by us all. :thanks:

Motto of the day:

To just be relaxed
And never feel taxed,
Give your girls a fiesta
And listen to Lester.

Thanks for the pointers lester. I thought something bad had happened to her but she is looking better now by the end of the day she should be back to normal. I might give it another watering tonight just to get the soil nice and moist for now make sure she has enough to drink for a bit.

Well im glad it wasnt fusarium wilt then. I didnt think it would of be obvious culprit. Hope she returns back to normal.

I cut the top off one of my plants today. It was a small plant i think it was around 18 inches tall maybe 20. I called this plant Teddy.
you think i can enter this in nug of the month or is it to big for that. i look at it as one big ass nugget.
20140903_100848.jpg

I dry mine as is no matter the size. It may take a extra day or 2 but thats alright with me as I dont want it to dry fast anyway to get rid of as much of the minty chlorophyll taste as possible. As far as the nug of the month I really cant say as when I entered in mine I didnt get even a single vote because I didnt put a fancy name to it and wasnt sure of its heritage. Lester would know he is always entering nug of the month or chronich. If all else fails ask a moderator. Id say youd be ok but please dont take my word for it.

Hey, I got a plant named after me. I always hoped they'd name a boat or football ground after me. But a plant? Not in my wildest dreams. :thanks:joedaddy

To your questions.

1. Obviously there should be a plant/nug of the month. PLUG of the month.
2. My first drying so no idea. Looks just like yours only really badly trimmed. I've just hung the whole thing and after 3 or 4 days now she's drying very well.

Nice harvest. :goodjob::cheer:

To all who would like to play. I started a pigskin pickem thread for the nfl. Come to the forum I post the games you pick the winner and there will be a leaderboard. The first game is tomorrow night. Make your picks by then. Come play its gonna be fun. We also talk football in there.

2014 pigskin pickem

To all who would like to play. I started a pigskin pickem thread for the nfl. Come to the forum I post the games you pick the winner and there will be a leaderboard. The first game is tomorrow night. Make your picks by then. Come play its gonna be fun. We also talk football in there.

2014 pigskin pickem

Including trash talk? No thread would be good without the trash talk.

I dont see why not. As long as it isnt flaming or trolling. I want good discussion and not to make people feel unwelcomed.

Geez, I am so weird today! Everything I say is coming out wrong today. I was trying to be funny after other posts didn't come off the way I intended. Eh, it seems everyone is a little off, today.

I put a link to your NFL Picks in my journal sigs. :)

You can let that big nug dry as is, and it will preserve the beauty of the specimen until you are ready to indulge. It just takes a little tiny bit longer to dry out completely as the moisture stays trapped in the larger stems longer.

If you were gonna enter it into a nug contest, I'd let it dry just like that instead of breaking down into its components.

If I wanted it to dry quicker (if I was short on herb) than I would break it down into its constituents, however, it is a beautiful specimen and should be dried like that :)

Thanks, Les. I had the same question about the larger of the colas I have. I do want them to get rid of as much of the chlorophyll taste as possible. That is one thing I never liked about "home grown" back in the day. They didn't know back then how to cure it properly. IN AMERICA.

I do have a very small fan on low in the room where the pot is drying. Do you think that would expedite things too fast for a good taste?

The "grassy taste" is strain related, but it also has to do with the "nitrogen fade" that we seek in a plant that is ideally ready to harvest.

OG Kush can often have a grassy flavor by nature, which goes away and transforms as it cures.

Other strains, like really fruity sativas that I grow really don't require any curing at all to be perfectly enjoyable and potent medicine. As long as we have the nitrogen fade (your plant is completely yellow when harvested) then it helps the plant deplete the nitrogen and eliminate that grassy flavor that stays in the buds which would otherwise take a good cure to get out. That's why I use the 0-8-1 for 2 weeks before harvest so it helps it yellow uniformly.

Another thing it has to do with is your trimming style and technique. If you just chomp off all the leaves with one solid swoop to trim the cola (rather than diligently snipping them off at the petiole), than that will indeed leave a more grassy flavor in the bud.

So in general, as long as we have that perfect nitrogen fade, it helps the genuine essence of the plant not be covered up by excess nitrogen, and therefore excess chlorophyll.

Back
Top Bottom