One Seed In The Ground

After I harvested, I thoroughly washed everything with the four part premium method using hydrogen peroxide. Buds were filthy.

The only thing I removed from the colas were the fan leaves. I wanted to wash the sugar leaves so when I do a cleaner trim, those will be clean and ready for whatever. Personally, I leave the sugar leaves with the buds because when it is dry, I can roll better joints and it actually burns better. I find if I only have bud, it is too gooey and I have a hard time burning it.

I do think a vaporizer will be very helpful. That is my next buy.

Hey joedaddy if you are still gonna play man you have to select your games by tonight 7:30 p.m EST

I don't think I agree with that, John. I have to do some reading, but my understanding is different. Plants automatically shut down and stop using N when they are winding down. The sugars in the plant as a result of the photo period changing is why foliage turns colors. It is not temperature or nutrient related when you are putting it in terms of a finishing plant for harvest.

Trees turn beautiful colors every year and I am certain they have plenty of nitrogen in their soil in the forest. When different strains have longer growing and flowering periods, that is what will indicate when the foliage may turn yellow. Where I live, it is still 100 degrees every day, and 80s at night. My Redbud, Burr Oak, Peach and Red Oaks are starting to turn color and drop their leaves. It has nothing to do with temps, or nutrients. It is the direct result of shorter days.

OR, are you only talking about controlled growing under lights, with controlled soil and nutrients? I can see that happening under those conditions (possibly), but not outside in the ground.

I believe that the soil that the plant was grown in has rich amounts of nitrogen which prevented the plant from the normal yellowing of lower leaves during flowering. I believe you have a healthy amount of nutrients in your soil, this is good. If the soil contained excessive amounts of nitrogen the fan leavers would have developed a downward claw appearance and also interfered with bud development.

here is a lil update...

my big plant is looking ragged now. i guess i let it go to long without water and i thought i had overwatered it thats why it went so long without water poor plant.

20140906_130710.jpg

heres all the others

20140906_130718.jpg
20140906_130723.jpg
20140906_130733.jpg
20140906_130730.jpg
20140906_130727.jpg
20140906_130740.jpg
20140906_130743.jpg
20140906_130819.jpg

next outdoor grow i just want to grow them this big....

20140906_130730.jpg

Looks good man. Like I said many times. I envy you being able to grow outside. Indoor vs outdoor is more of a substantial difference then organic vs hydroponic. Eventually I want to have them all under my belt.

Smoker, growing outside has one issue. Timing. Everything else can be dealt with. Insects, etc. can all be dealt with before harvest. At least this is what I found in my own growing. It's only the second time I grew outside, but my timing was way off and I need to make sure to fully veg my plants to height and width I want them to be before putting them in the sun outside next spring.

We are really close to 12/12 year round here. Not exactly, but for growing, I would say that is probably close enough to 12/12 that no plant should go out until it is fully ready to go into flower, because it will flower within a few days out there.

Smoker, growing outside has one issue. Timing. Everything else can be dealt with. Insects, etc. can all be dealt with before harvest. At least this is what I found in my own growing. It's only the second time I grew outside, but my timing was way off and I need to make sure to fully veg my plants to height and width I want them to be before putting them in the sun outside next spring.

We are really close to 12/12 year round here. Not exactly, but for growing, I would say that is probably close enough to 12/12 that no plant should go out until it is fully ready to go into flower, because it will flower within a few days out there.

I dont have the option to grow outside anyways thats why I said I wish I could grow outside. It isnt a option for me not unless I do some guerrilla growing but thats not viable either due to where I live. But its wonderful that you have got to experience it for yourself gardenfaerie

One day we will all be able to grow what we want. For me, it may be my next lifetime, but for young folks I do believe in your lifetime you will have legalized marijuana for all reasons.

Here's raising a glass to the young people who enter into politics, that they be reasonable, compassionate, INTELLIGENT, and kind.

Arent you only in your 60's? Its gonna be in your lifetime as well. Probably within the next decade or sooner judging by the latest poll of over 400,000 americans. That is a substantial polling size compared to studies that may have a few hundred.

I'm a year away from 60. I turn 59 near Christmas. And yes, I did always get gypped on the gifts. Cry me a river!

Yes, in my lifetime, but at 70 I doubt I'd be starting any growing operations. It's really great work, but also very hard work and very long hours. You have to love growing because there is no real money in it. Not even if you own your own. Anything could happen to a grow of any kind, even if they are Impatiens.

Trimming to me used to be a chore but then it got easier and faster the more grows under my belt. Now I just turn on some music and get to work and its sort of peaceful.

So if the buds are showing cloudy/amber and that is where i want it should i chop it down no matter the size of the plant. cause i have one that is mostly cloudy with a few amber but it looks like it could still get bigger. but then it would go more amber by then. just doesn't seem the plant is mature but from the trichomes it looks ready. let me know clippers in hand ready to chop.

Back
Top Bottom