Opinion on possible bud rot

DaveL

Hey folks.
A couple of pics of a bud I pulled off of a White Widow yesterday. I'm 11 weeks in from flip. I inspect these ladies quite a bit and noticed a dark spot that the other buds don't have.
To me it just looks like a lot of darks hairs pulled in and some deteriorating leave matter.
Any thoughts?
Thanks a bunch in advance.

Attachments

• DSC_0431.JPG
    DSC_0431.JPG
    428.9 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC_0432.JPG
    DSC_0432.JPG
    520.4 KB · Views: 140
You must be nearing ripe whats your trichs look like? Maybe the black spot it deficiency showing up or portion of the plant died but id be inclined to trim the black part off before i burned it. Nice bud btw!!
:bong:

The big bud on the right for sure looks like rot, I seem to get it every other grow due to right buds, could you take a little more in depth picture of the right hand side bud, tell you a good way to see if found is stuck a latex gloves on and feel it, it's usually ice cold.

No obvious bud rot apparent...whats's your RH?
RH was around 55. Hard to keep the humidity down. I think it is just time to chop. All cloudy with a bit of amber trichs.
Buds are super dense so would be more prone to rot I believe. I harvested one of the 4 plants yesterday and no sign of rot. I'll be looking closely when wet trimming the last three..

The big bud on the right for sure looks like rot, I seem to get it every other grow due to right buds, could you take a little more in depth picture of the right hand side bud, tell you a good way to see if found is stuck a latex gloves on and feel it, it's usually ice cold.
I think that's just out of focus. The large bud in both pics is the same bud.

Trichs are all cloudy with some amber.

Cut her down shes going backwards. Sooner you trim around the bad spots the less you will lose!!

it looks more over ripe than rot to me
11 weeks in flower, so 77ish days?
I could be wrong, but RH of 55 shouldn't promote rot

Agreed shes done dry her down and enjoy!!

Cut one down today. No evidence of mold.
Smoked a couple numbers of the bud in question. Dried in an air conditioned dry room. Yummy and potent.

Back
Top Bottom