Orange brown spots on leaves

nickeluring

Hi,
My Glue Gelato Auto is starting to show some orange/brown patches on her leaves. It is showing up all over the plant.

My Sour Diesel Auto is a bit further advanced in the flowering cycle, but she showed the same symptoms a couple of weeks ago. Now all leaves turn brown yellow, dry and die. I flushed her when I first saw the problems, but that didn't help her. She's just finishing up now, so it's too late to fix her, but I need to do something about the Glue Gelato.

I grow in coco in 19 liter pots. I use led lights. 18/6 hours light schedule. 26-28 degrees daytime, and 20 degrees night time, 60% rH.
I feed them every 3rd hour with a nute mix of 1.2 EC. I use Advanced Nutrients pH perfect line, all at about a third of recommended dose:
pH Perfect Sensi Coco Bloom A and B
B-52
Rhino Skin
Sensizym
Bud Candy
Bud factor X
Nirvana
Overdrive

Anyone knows what's going wrong here? I'm scratching my head...

Thanks for the suggestion, @Hydroholic . I do think it's something else, though.

After some research last night it looks to me as it could be a fungus infection. There's a fungus named Rust that I now suspect is the culprit. I find little spots on other plants as well, but it seems some strains are resistant. Purple Lemonade hasn't shown any symptoms, and she's touching the infected Sour Diesel.

It's a Calcium Def. not a Fungus problem. You're in Coco with LED's. Very common for Calcium Def.

Maybe you guys are right. I will add some Calcium and see how it goes.

So your Purple Lemonade would have it too if it was a fungus.

Yes, what I was saying was that some strains are more resistant to fungus.

When I used AN I used about 6 ml. Cal Mag per gallon through my flower cycle. Not sure why, but Coco uses a lot of Cal Mag. I don't know of anyone growing in Coco that doesn't use it at all through their grow. That's why I always tell people if you are growing in Coco to have a bottle of Cal Mag on hand because you will need it sometime this grow.

I haven't added any CalMag because I thought the Coco specific nutes would have enough already. But perhaps there is a deficiency because I give my plants a quite weak nute mix? I give them 1.5 ml/l instead of the 4 ml/l that AN wants me to put in there.
We'll see if the CalMag helps. I've added it to all my nute mixes except for the flush now.

I haven't added any CalMag because I thought the Coco specific nutes would have enough already. But perhaps there is a deficiency because I give my plants a quite weak nute mix? I give them 1.5 ml/l instead of the 4 ml/l that AN wants me to put in there.
We'll see if the CalMag helps. I've added it to all my nute mixes except for the flush now.
When you cycle through the AN stuff buy some Megacrop. I ran AN and having to be a junior chemist to use, I changed. I also had better luck with AN only running the Base Nutrients and BUD Candy with cal/mag. If you are going to stick with AN look for a program called hydrobuddy to work out your Ec numbers.

When you cycle through the AN stuff buy some Megacrop. I ran AN and having to be a junior chemist to use, I changed. I also had better luck with AN only running the Base Nutrients and BUD Candy with cal/mag. If you are going to stick with AN look for a program called hydrobuddy to work out your Ec numbers.

I was looking for Megacrop a little while ago, but didn't find any in Europe.
The reason I'm using AN is due to pH perfect. When I used another brand and adjusted the pH to 5.9 it would change too much after a few hours in the nute container, making automatic irrigation impossible unless I pH adjusted the mix right before each feeding.

When I used AN I used about 6 ml. Cal Mag per gallon through my flower cycle. Not sure why, but Coco uses a lot of Cal Mag. I don't know of anyone growing in Coco that doesn't use it at all through their grow. That's why I always tell people if you are growing in Coco to have a bottle of Cal Mag on hand because you will need it sometime this grow.
I grow in coco under quantum boards and use zero calmag.

I was looking for Megacrop a little while ago, but didn't find any in Europe.
The reason I'm using AN is due to pH perfect. When I used another brand and adjusted the pH to 5.9 it would change too much after a few hours in the nute container, making automatic irrigation impossible unless I pH adjusted the mix right before each feeding.
i used the PH perfect in DWC. A doser is cheaper than continually buying AN bottles.
I may be wrong but I thought it was made in Europe. You can order straight from them or it’s amazon. They will give you a free bag.

i used the PH perfect in DWC. A doser is cheaper than continually buying AN bottles.
I may be wrong but I thought it was made in Europe. You can order straight from them or it’s amazon. They will give you a free bag.

Thanks for that! I see it can be ordered in Europe :thumb:
What is a doser?

There are much cheaper but this is what I use.

FWIW that doesn't look like rust to me though. You feed every three hours during lights on only right? 28 degrees under LEDs is getting up there in my opinion. I am also someone who tried AN products and got disgusted. Total rip off especially for the price. If you want to stick with AN I'd recommend using base nutes only. If it's a nutrition problem you'll never figure it out using all those additives.

FWIW that doesn't look like rust to me though. You feed every three hours during lights on only right? 28 degrees under LEDs is getting up there in my opinion. I am also someone who tried AN products and got disgusted. Total rip off especially for the price. If you want to stick with AN I'd recommend using base nutes only. If it's a nutrition problem you'll never figure it out using all those additives.
My plants run right around 28-30 constantly without issue.

Yes, only feeding during lights on. The temp varies between 25 and 28 degrees, 28 degrees only in the afternoon on hotter days, but normally 26 degrees. I think temp hasn't been a problem this grow.

I now believe it's a Calcium deficiency. We'll see if adding CalMag helps.

I've been happy with the AN nutes so far, apart from the price and their shitty containers. They've given me way better yields and I no longer have to deal with a nute mix that will change pH by itself over time. I'd be happy to try something else if I only need to adjust the pH once, when mixing the nutes. I'll look further into Megacrop.

Ya mega crop is what I have been using lately. Seems to be a quality product, extremely simple but effective in coco for sure. Seems to be pretty stable ph, I don't use a reservoir but have rechecked some leftovers after a couple days and it never moved. Best part is 50 bucks makes around 2500 gallons of solution at full strength.

Seems to be pretty stable ph, I don't use a reservoir but have rechecked some leftovers after a couple days and it never moved

Sweet! That's what I want. I'll give Megacrop a go.

Back
Top Bottom