Original Gorilla Glue #4 Autos, Batch 19-GG4

Jeeze, the clipping of nodes 1 and 2, as well as topping the Gorillas, didn't phase them a damn bit. The branches from nodes 3 and 4 did look long enough to start anchoring them. Just over 24 hours ago, they branches from nodes 3 and 4 didn't look long enough to begin tying them down. This evening, Node 3 is rallying. Node 4 is about a quarter to half an inch longer than when slipped. I'll try and get in the tent to take a few pics. Right now, I'm finishing a feed from another batch, and also realizing I have a minor problem with my anchors for this batch.

Like many things, I got all excited about this quadlining thing. I clipped wire so that I had plenty of anchors. I just realized that they aren't long enough. I'm sure the plant will lift them right out of the soil. No worries. As stated, I have plenty of scrap wire, so I'll just go clip a few test anchors for the first plant. If they work, I'll clip more. I should have done that to begin with!
:lot-o-toke:

looking good zeroday!
I have a gg plant on day 27 of flip. it already has an impressive amount of frost showing. I vegged mine for 30 days. my plant tripled in size in the first three weeks of 12/12. had to super crop the main cola to keep from growing into the light. didn't slow it down a bit. it started turning back into the light after about three hours.

anyways, i'd like to tag along and see how yours do.

:Namaste:

Hey there Mussh. Please, kick back and chill. The more people watching, the more input!

It seems that I completely screwed up quadlining 2, maybe 3 of the plants. On 2 of the 6, the growth shoot that comes out of node 4 separated from the main stem. I didn't snap it off. I didn't actually see it snap/separate. It did it over night. When I left htem, they looked ok, when I came back 10 hours later, they look like this:

1.JPG

This is plant 4 of the 6. If you look to the upper right of the main stem, at the top node, you can see the branch separated from the main stem. Here is a pick of what the end of it looks like. Its much smaller thant he branch on the other side. Not completely dead, but not growing either. I think I am just going to clip it off, so the plant doesn't spend time trying to repair it. I highly doubt it will repair itself, and there is no way to tape it back on.

2.JPG

Lastly, here is what they look like as a group. I labeled them so it is easy to see which ones I screwed up. GG4-4 and GG4-6 are the two I did it to.

Here is a picture of the third one that I think is going to have the same problem. Note, this one I didn't even secure down yet. I'm starting to think its not the anchoring of the branches that is causing it, but perhaps I topped the main stem too close to the north side of the node. I'm thinking this made them less supported at the node, hence the separation. Who knows:

IMG_3684.JPG

At any rate, a set back. However, I've done worse to plants and kept them going. Last batch, I dropped one of the plants while I was going down a flight of stairs. It came completely out of the pot, snapped over half way up the main, and lost a large portion of the dirt in the pot. It was all over the stairs and floor at the bottom of the stairs. I put it back in the pot and added soil, taped the main stem back together and supported it with a stick, and it finished. Sure, it was smaller than the others, but the product was the same quality.

I think I'll just clip off the branches I screwed up and make them tri-lines, instead of quads. I have no patience or room right now for clones, so I'm going to just toss what I clip.

Hope everyone is having a Groovy day!

Its been a few days sine I started training these Gorillas. When I did, I had an issue with the branches that I should be keeping on, separating from the main stem. I'm not sure if its because I pushed them too far, or if its because I topped the main stem too close to the node. One of the leaves on that branch began to die. However, it appears to have stopped, and the growth shoot is now pointing towards the light, and seems to look happy. There isn't much holding the branch on to the main stem. See the picture below for details.

Other than the few issues with the branches, it seems to be going OK. I took a peak at them today. At first they looked off to me. The leaves are a deeper colored green that I am used to, the plants are squat, and the leaves are beginning to droop. I'm guessing I'm just overly nervous due to the damage I did when I started training them. At least that's what I am hoping.

If anyone spots anything off, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks, and have a Groovy day!

IMG_3814.JPG

IMG_3798.JPG

IMG_3802.JPG

IMG_3804.JPG

IMG_3792.JPG

Ok, Day 36 is where this grow is at. Just as a reminder, this is my first auto grow. I am shocked at how quickly these things grow! So different than photos. They look ok to me, but being my first, I have no idea really. They definitely look different than a photo would this far into flower. Anyone that happens to be looking at this journal who has experience with autos... Please let me know what your thoughts on in terms of how they look.

Along with being my first photo grow, it was also my first attempt at quadlining. If you look close at the picture below, you can see where I snapped off one of the lines in a couple of the plants, not just one. In the last picture, you can see I completely snapped one of the growth shoots. I decided to NOT anchor it, and just tape put some bag balm on it and tape it. A day later, I took the tape off and it was totally groovy.

You can't really see it in the pictures, but the leaves are going from a deep green, to a slightly lighter shade. I'm wondering if I am feeding them too lightly. The bottle strength PPM is 1200, I'm putting in about 850ppm when I feed, 162 when its just water. Anyway, next time they are due for a feed, I might increase it. I'm seeing something similar with the other grows I have going on. I used to feed at full strength, but that lead to too many problems. I'm still trying to get down the rough amount weed likes to get. I get its different per strain, maybe that's the point. Feed light until they look like they need more, and then increase. As stated, that's my plan.

Hope everyone is having a great night. Be Groovy!

0.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

IMG_3949.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

Day 43 from seed. I have been having an issue with the lower growth on some of the plants starting to yellow. I believe this is because I have been feeding the plants at 25% of the manufacturer's recommended strength. I even bumped it up to 50%, and the leaves did slow down on the yellowing, but it persisted. I fed them at 75% yesterday, which is around 1290ppm. I'll see how they like that level of feed. I'd rather get it fixed now, as they are getting ready to start blowing up a bit. I'd hate for them to be deficient as they are trying to grow aggressively.

In addition to that underfeeding issue, The front center plant stretched significantly more than the other 5 plants. The buds on this plant are also much smaller than the others. There was a 5 day period where it kept stretching, where as the others stopped stretching and began budding. I'm not sure if its a different strain, but it looks different than the others. Not only is it about a foot taller, but a different shade of green (much lighter) than the other plants. This could be due to all the stretching it did, where as the others just went to growing buds out. In the last two days, it has started to pick up on bud development, so I'll just let it alone and see what happens.

The other five plants all looking just about the same. A couple have more or less colas than the others. This is mostly due to the fact that I lost a growth shoot or two when I was training them. I was a bit too aggressive. Good experience for next time.

Here are a few pictures to show the progress. The lighter colored plant in the pictures is the one I am referring to when I say it looks different from the others.

20190721-1: Front Center Plant growing taller than the other five plants being fed the same feed
20190721-1.JPG

20190721-2: Front center plant. While much taller than the other plants, it has rimuch smaller buds.

20190721-3: This image shows the front center plant in bottom middle to the bottom right of the picture, with a nother plant in the top right and top left of the Picture, showing the bud size difference as well as color difference.

20190721-4: A picture of a decent place to put your joint while you are taking pictures of your plants.

20190721-5: All 6 Gorilla Glue #4 plants together.

20190921-6: Tallest growth shoot from front center plant.

20190721-7: Gorilla Glue #4, misc. picture of a bud.
20190721-7.JPG

20190721-8: Gorilla Glue #4 , misc. picture of a bud.

20190721-9: Gorilla Glue #4 , misc. picture of a bud.

Everyone have a Groovy rest of your weekend. I hope the beginning of the week is fair to you all.

Ok then. Day 56.20 from seed. As I mentioned before (I think), there is the one plant in the front right corner that sprang up like crazy. When the others were building buds, this muther lover was gaining height instead. I almost thought it was a bro, but then the preflowers ruled that out. It didn't stop. its about 12 inches taller than all of the others. Also, there aren't any nice buds. There are what you would usually see on a photoperiod plant a few weeks after flipping to flower. No idea what happened. This auto thing is weird, lol!

Anyway, here is a picture of all of the Gorillas together.

GG4-20190801-1.JPG

To get a good view of how much talker that one in the front right is from the others, here is another angle.

GG4-20190801-2.JPG

Also, here is a picture of the buds from Wilt Chamberlain....

GG4-20190801-3.JPG

Another picture of Wilt the Stilt, more buds.

GG4-20190801-4.JPG

Compare those first few pics to these. These are buds from the other plants in the grow. I'm just gonna dump this down, so no comments inbetween.

GG4-20190801-5.JPG

GG4-20190801-6.JPG

GG4-20190801-7.JPG

So, there you have it. Its a fucking freak of a plant. Even the leaves are super thin compared to the others plants. Also, it is always asking to be water/fed a good day and a half before the others. These are all the same seeds, same soil, same pots, same feed system and schedule.

No harm in letting it keep going, that's ma plan. I've been reading some very helpful info in the other sections here, and am going to shoot for 10-11 weeks. The only sign that I am seeing that harvest is coming, is the slight crinkle of the pistols. They haven't gone amber yet. I've also scoped the trichomes already, and they are just barely showing clouds. That puts my harvest date at 8/19/2019 OTA (or there abouts).

Hope all is well everyone!

Im on day 63 flower with my gg#4 bagseed. It is showing all milky now with no amber yet. Guess mine is heavy on the sativa side.

Your plants look great. Those colas will fill out nicely. Cant wait to see it around day 50.

Thanks for sharing!
:Namaste:

With so much going on in life and in the grow room, I didn't get a chance to document the chopping down much. All 6 plants came down August 26th and August 27th. At just about 6 days into drying, they still feel like they have 3 or so days left to dry. The stems are hard, but still bend a bit, no snapping at all.

Super excited to get it all into Jars and start the cure. I'm totally going to sample it before it is done curing. I'm not patient enough!

Wrapping this one up. In the end, I lost one plant. The one that was growing super tall never grew buds. I guess I didn't lose it, more than I just chopped it down and left it hanging. I'm not even going to bother using it for oil.

As for the take, I wound up getting roughly 312.96 grams. I only slightly bummed about the sixth plant not putting out anything, that would have brought the numbers up around where I had set my personal goal. No matter.

Aside from this, I also had 2 other grows that popped around the same time. All in all, I wound up with 628.12 grams. This was a total of 14 plants, across 3 grows that just happened to have lined up harvest time wise.

Back
Top Bottom