Overfed: Will it grow out of it?

Isn’t Calcium and Magnesium utilized best above PH 6.0?
i see what your saying and yes your right too , :thumb: as long as your plants are green your doing your own thing right

i always ran calmag through all my starter pots as they where unbuffered coco , i bought by mistake , ph was low around 5.6 5.7 i always started low and must have got away with it , i think as long as enough cal./mag goes through its buffered
some people get away with things others dont

Here’s a sample at 55 days flower...

1AE96A61-F8DC-49FD-86AF-4FA6CCC7446D.jpeg

@Bill284 ...I know how to mix nutes, I have the necessary meters for EC...the question was about the difference in hydro charts...I know coco is Hydro, one chart says something very different from the other...both “Hydro” charts...I set it at 5.8-6.1 and I feed 4x a day...
Apologies :peace: 5.8 stay there. I look at gwe now and then but they led me a stray before.

Apologies :peace: 5.8 stay there. I look at gwe now and then but they led me a stray before.
No worries Bill...I just want to know what the real absorption PH is for Cal Mag! I will investigate further when I have more time...that’s a big difference in charts! one would think they would all be the same right? PH is not arbitrary...Cal mag is important to us coco guys, I want my buds to be all they can be!

No worries Bill...I just want to know what the real absorption PH is for Cal Mag! I will investigate further when I have more time...that’s a big difference in charts! one would think they would all be the same right? PH is not arbitrary...Cal mag is important to us coco guys, I want my buds to be all they can be!
I understand its hard to believe when they are different. Unfortunately you can't believe everything you read right away with out research and conformation from several sources these days. I followed some wrong advice in the past cost me dearly. :thumb:

recommended to keep the pH between 5.8 – 6.2, but calcium / magnesium best absorbed above 6.0 in roots, some say calcium best at 6.2, hydro/coco is lower.
another chart for collection
ph chart.jpg

i'm in coco/dirt mix and 6.0-6.2 tends to be my sweet spot for veg. never had problems with 5.8 but i like 6-6.2 ph.
How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule <----- some good stuff.

NuttyProfessor knows his coco shite, i've followed his post ever since my last coco ph talks on another threat and he smart.

edited: i also like to fluctuate slightly my ph within range 5.8-6.2 in my waterings and i believe some add worm casting to help deal with ph.

Here’s something I found that is specifically for coco growing...it seems there is perhaps more variance than led to believe? Some are at 5.6, some go 6.2-6.4...this is for Cal-mag uptake. Not a regular feeding PH level...

263D2FAF-CBCD-405D-B012-E7E976F82DAB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom