Overfed: Will it grow out of it?

Kika1kika

420 Member
Hello everyone. I might have overfed my seedlings in Coco with Canna A and B a bit. The last time, sane strain (Gorilla Auto), only the first leaves were impacted and it grew out of it fast. Now the first pair of "real" leaves as well have burnt tips. The new growth coming out can not be identified yet. Do you think it will grow out of it too?

Here is a photo from one of my Gorilla Babies, around 15 days old.
20210114_161242.jpg

Here is a photo from one of my Gorilla Babies, around 15 days old.
20210114_161242.jpg
Just go easy on neuts. Seedlings don’t need much at first.
She will pull through.

was your coco prewashed and buffered , it can be full of salt , and the calmag can be blocked out if not nutrient buffered
also where you in the right ph zone 5.6 5.9 ?
It doesn’t look like any perilite in that coco. Are you in the final pot it looks big

Looking like you need to add around 1 gram Epsom per gallon, you can also mist them with a one gram per gallon.

Guys, thank you so much for all of your help and effort! Yes, they are in their final pots of around 5 Gal. Thats the thing, it was a coco brick I never used befpre, but they say it is washed with unsalty water and I also checked the EC which is good. But I have never thought about or heard about buffering. I think that this could have helped the nute burn to hurt the babies even more. Can someone correct me, or should I foliar spray some Calmag? Greetings

Guys, thank you so much for all of your help and effort! Yes, they are in their final pots of around 5 Gal. Thats the thing, it was a coco brick I never used befpre, but they say it is washed with unsalty water and I also checked the EC which is good. But I have never thought about or heard about buffering. I think that this could have helped the nute burn to hurt the babies even more. Can someone correct me, or should I foliar spray some Calmag? Greetings
Misting before lights out is a popular practice. Don't think it will cure much though. Did u check out Nuttys video. If your girls don't green up he is the Wiz at keeping them healthy naturally.

Thnak you a lot. Yes I did and it is in fact very interesting. I grow in Coco for nearly a year and I thought I knew enough already :p But I was just spoiled with the canna coco and never heard about buffering. Now I am fighting with these VDL Coco plus bricks. I will keep you guys updated

it looks like you need to buffer it , just put a load of cal/mag though it at a low strength, twice the pot size @ 5.6 , and always add cal/mag first before any other nutrients when you do make them up , what size is the pot , im thinking if you prime a 3 gallon pot you could repot quick but don't disturb roots are it will flower that size , autos are funny , they can stall and just flower , trust me i know ive had some world smallest

This is what I’ve been using...maybe my cal-mag hits at 6.2-6.4 PH are off base?

553CEBF2-2BD9-4246-ACCA-B03F11472862.jpeg
Your in coco which is hydroponic. Put your cal mag in your water first, then nutrients, then set your final ph to as close to 5.8 as you can. Then feed every day.

This is what I’ve been using...maybe my cal-mag hits at 6.2-6.4 PH are off base?

Your in coco which is hydroponic. Put your cal mag in your water first, then nutrients, then set your final ph to as close to 5.8 as you can. Then feed every day

Do you know how to set your ppm?

@Bill284 ...I know how to mix nutes, I have the necessary meters for EC...the question was about the difference in hydro charts...I know coco is Hydro, one chart says something very different from the other...both “Hydro” charts...I set it at 5.8-6.1 and I feed 4x a day...

Back
Top Bottom