Overgrowing Or Not?

back to the original question - yes i'd run more light.

i run a 12 pot cob rig drawing 600w dimmed to 75% so pulling about 450W. our watt consumption may be similar but i run a smaller space with more coverage. there's nowhere to hide.

full

I just harvested 6.5 ounces dry from a Auto Bubba Kush. Its sister from the same pack of seeds produced a little over 3 ounces dry. Grown side by side in the exact same environment. The larger plant was definitely Sativa dominant and took 6 weeks longer..
I've grown a bunch of autos over the last couple of years. Usually getting 2.5 to 3 dry ounces. I did upgrade my lighting this last grow though. In my bit of experience, autos are more unpredictable and are more likely to produce different pheno types.

I just harvested 6.5 ounces dry from a Auto Bubba Kush. Its sister from the same pack of seeds produced a little over 3 ounces dry. Grown side by side in the exact same environment. The larger plant was definitely Sativa dominant and took 6 weeks longer..
I've grown a bunch of autos over the last couple of years. Usually getting 2.5 to 3 dry ounces. I did upgrade my lighting this last grow though. In my bit of experience, autos are more unpredictable and are more likely to produce different pheno types.
Thanks for all the replies thus far. So it would be beneficial to go for something like the Marshydro FC 6500 as I saw it can yield anywhere between 1.15 to 1.5g per Watt, not the claimed 2.5g/Watt.

And I also agree autos are much more unpredictable thus my original question. Can I veg photos for 4 weeks and then start flowing for 8 weeks and expect the same yield as the autos lets say example strains are Royal Gorilla auto vs Royal gorilla photoperiod?

I am finishing up 3 Gorilla Glue Auto’s.
I up potted twice and finally into 5 gal bags.
3 different training methods.
I topped one.
I did LST on one ,
and quad line on the last.
Up potting and the majority of training was completed mostly by Day #21.
All started preflower between Day 32 & 36 .
All seeds. started at the same time , same soil , same nutrients.
I harvested the one that was topped yesterday , as she matured faster than the other two by a week or so. Maybe 10 days ? We shall see.
She gave me 490 grams of ( wet ) premium stinky , sticky trimmed buds. Not counting the popcorn and trimmings.
She was not the largest.
The plant that was trained by LST is much larger.
Comparing the yield on the topped plant , I suspect I will get well over 800 grams on the LST plant
The quad is the smallest.
This is my first attempt at auto’s so I cannot say if similar results would occur w/ other varieties ,
but I see
B76391FD-F1F0-4041-82EB-B06FF20957B7.jpeg
6A24C93D-95C5-4676-BEEA-DF6F3630B4E3.jpeg
training made a big difference w/ these.
10328540-E58E-47A6-AC6F-4BFAEE1BC099.jpeg
A8B0C089-6D76-4714-A87D-27665B1FA395.jpeg
What lights did you use and in what grow tent etc?

driver is the weak link on that rig. indian knock-off of a mean well.

i would expect about a 3 yr lifespan. plan accordingly.

I got a small photo-period i vegged for just a few weeks only LST, didn't veg long enough to bother with SCROG.
I'm at 11 weeks total from seed, probably 5-8 days left.
I'd guess about 5 oz.
Pretty close to the same time probably about 80-84 days to harvest and probably about the same yield as the average auto.

Each light is dimmed to 173w which is still pumping out 900+ PPFD
20201214_161347.jpg
20201214_213820.jpg
20201221_234821.jpg

SeniorMoments, (not to hijack the post) but I was interested in your 3 auto plant experiment. It's not often that we have a comparison between same or similar genetics grown in the same situation with only a few factors changed.

Can you post your final yields when they're all done? I know there are lots of small factors that might affect them but I think the results would be somewhat telling about whether to train autos or not.

Why might this little one's leaves start looking like this?
IMG_20201227_120934.jpg

It looks like a bit of nute burn or you spray your plant. If it's burn it's mild and the plant will likely be fine once it gets growing well. Those buggered leaves will be dropping off or get trimmed off before too long and won't matter anyways. The newer growth looks really good.

:peace:

It might have been yes. I gave her two feedings of ph balanced clean water and then I started feeding again and they look marvelous:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom