Oz's First Grow - Pyramid Tut In Coco

Ok guys....Quick update. It's now 48hrs since I introduced the beans to the water. And 36hrs since I put them in their towels to chill out and grow. I've just taken a quick peep and all 10 have roots :) 2 are over 10mm long and 1 even appears to have sprouted (but that's probably my shite eyesight) lol. Ok, dilemma time....my son wants to be here throughout the journey and witness EVERY stage and I want that too but......will it adversely effect the girls if leave them unpotted for another 3.5hrs?????

Congratulations mate :goodjob:

Thanks Jay. Going to pot them now :) My son is cool with it so HAPPY DAYS :)

Nice...that's awesome you guys get to enjoy growing together :)

Are you looking to adopt? ...I'm not a kid but I'll pretend to be one:rofl:

...I already act like one so it shouldn't be too hard :)

I plant my seeds 1/4 inch deep (not sure what that is in mm's) and just lightly water them....I use a spray bottle until they sprout because I have found pouring water on them (even gently) can displace the seed

i find wen u pot them, if u cover with a damp tea towel over night they sprout much faster. dont put them under direct light until first leaves appear.

Great tip mate :) I'll do that.
I've just potted the girls and watered them with a pipette lol.

I use a pencil, use the lead end and poke it about 8mm deep. When you place germinated seed into the hole make sure the shoot is facing downwards.

And as Cultivator mentioned. Simply cover them (I just place the tiniest bit of soil over the hole making sure not to compact it down) and don't give them any light until they break through the soil.

Good luck mate and best wishes !

Ok guys, a quick heads up on the grow. Beginner luck here (Thanks to Pyramid Seeds AND Herbies :thanks:) we managed to hatch all 10 :) 3 of them had roots at around 15mm (3/4") so I've potted them PRONTO. :) in the small 1/2ltr pots. I cover the bottom 1-2" of the pots with clay pebbles and filled the remaining space with coco. I made a small 15-20mm hole in the centre and gently put the girls to bed with the root pointing down (where poss because some preferred to lie on their sides) . I filled the holes in gently and "patted" down. 6x pipettes of de-ionised water and all is moist and warm :)
No the waiting REALLY begins :peacetwo: I'll pop some pics on tomorrow .
Peace and green tidings guys

Best wishes bro.

The next 24 hours are going to be the longest hours of your life !

Mate, I'm stressing already lol. I'll chill once the first 2 weeks are over :) Just put a damp tea towel over them. Currently have 2 sets of 5 pots on drip trays so 2 towels lol

Mate, I'm stressing already lol. I'll chill once the first 2 weeks are over :) Just put a damp tea towel over them. Currently have 2 sets of 5 pots on drip trays so 2 towels lol

LOL...I bet nothing will change after 2 weeks...LOL...I am on my 21st indoor grow and I still peek at them about every hour when I'm home :)

Enjoy:)

Back
Top Bottom