Pantagruel Goes Big

Ya. I'm on the flux plan for one plant in my next grow. Three big ones in a row, two Pure Kush double topped and one fluxed Durban Lights. Just about to select my flux girl right now for repotting :)

Here is the Northern Lights. The buds were kind of fluffy. The Kali buds were better than expected though at only 11 weeks.

Dec13NL2.jpg

Everything is dried and in jars for curing now. Final tally was 6 oz from 7 plants. The small Kali that hermied and was pulled at 9 weeks was a half oz, the two Lucys were three-quarters, and all the rest were an oz each. My biggest harvest yet.

The first Red Dragon is nicely cured now, the nugs are rock hard. One good thing about drying in paper bags is there is quite a bit of nice shake at the bottom, perfect for crushing into vape material. I'm testing a mix of Lucy, Kali Mist, Red Dragon and Northern Lights right now which is dandy.

Sorry it took so long KJC. Here is a shot of the rest of the nugs, Lucy, RD, NL, Kali. These are just reaching a decent cure now. The Lucy has a really nice faint sweet aroma. The Red Dragon kicks like a mule and keeps building for a good half hour but has a really mild taste. Have not sampled the Kali nor the Northern Lights yet but the NL has a nice fresh and slightly piney aroma.

Dec29Cured.jpg

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Thanks KJC. :thumb:

Sampled the Kali, just one hit from my wife's meds. It definitely has been working for her as advertised for monthly symptoms. I found the smell to be earthy, taste was also strong and earthy but not too harsh (this is still early days cure-wise). Effects? After about five minutes I was doing the 'wow, that was just one hit' thing. It's definitely potent, not a soaring high, just really relaxing, everything sort of slows down. Forty-five minutes later still noticeably going strong. Not my favourite kind of strain but I would say a good example of how good Kali can be, overall an A- :)

The Kali was worn off when I wrote this, since I sampled it this morning, so I decided to do the Lucy review also. Just smoked one the old fashioned way :)

Smell is sweet, couldn't decide exactliy but I just read a review and vanilla is probably about right. Taste is the same but really faint. Effects are like the last time, really speedy, not like the buzz is catching up with you, more like you are catching up with the buzz...

Overall I like this much more than last time, we'll see how the longevity is.

Ahh, a sativa man, like myself! :cheesygrinsmiley: Gotta love those heady highs that put you right in that zone where your mind can either expand, to really take in the world around you, or contract, or go within itself, especially useful when doing those repetitive or relatively menial tasks.

Effects have pretty much worn off now. Three hours plus, pretty decent - I rate this Lucy a solid A. The first Red Dragon was an A+, I could barely persuade my wife to even try anything else after she got a taste of that. So there is just the second Red Dragon plant to sample and the Northern Lights. I have vaped the NL, and it is also plenty potent, but I like to smoke for the smoke report so maybe tomorrow for that. I can't do another one tonight!

I just can't believe how lucky I am to know someone who grows such great shit :ganjamon: :biglaugh:

Howdy Pantagruel,
Many thx for the awesome journal. I really appreciated the feeding schedule w/PPMs and pH. Your plants attest to your thouroughness.

Per Post#89: Very insightful analysis on point-source and sub-spectral variation. It's been a pleasure to watch the collaboration of all the minds orbiting this grow.
Enjoy the smoke! Do a little dance! Get down tonight!

Northern Lights smoke report: Scent is mild piney. Taste is minty, really thick white smoke, mild taste, cool almost menthol. Not a speedy buzz, mellow but it only slows you down a bit, very relaxing would be my interpretation. Lasts for 2-3 hours.

That about finishes it for this journal!

Last note, just a very few seeds crossed from the stressed Kali. So far I've just found KalixNL. Hopefully there will be a few from each strain!

This journal is completed and can be moved to completed journals now :)

A post facto note. Almost no one gets to taste my strains, we keep pretty much to ourselves. Last week my buddy helped me with some renos in my basement so I reciprocated with a gram each of the Northen Lights, Red Dragon, and the Lucy.

Here is his independent report on those strains:

I love the bold crispness of the northern lights, the kick of the red dragon, And the mellow but lasting groove of the lsd strain.

It's nice to get another perspective :)

Back
Top Bottom