Pantagruel's Durban Lights - Half-Pound or Bust

Mike Wright

420 Support
420 Staff
This will be my fourth grow and my objective is to hit the half-pound mark as my first 3 grows were all about a QP each.

There are four of my own Durban Lights, plus one of the parent strain Durban Poison and one Red Dragon. Four of the plants have been topped, one Durban Lights is untopped and the Red Dragon is untopped. I started flowering the biggest plants first so three of the girls are a week to ten days into flower and 3 just went into flower.

The grow is organic soil mix as usual, but I have beefed up my amendments adding greensand, rock dust, rock phosphate and flowering guano in layers throughout the pots. There are also a couple of layers including worm castings for the stretch phase. I will be using rainwater and a calmag supplement plus organic teas.

I recently upgraded my grow room with white panelling and I have both of my TopLed 3x96 reflectors running with an effective 3x4 coverage area.

This is my first time using fabric pots and I am really excited!

04Nutes.jpg
05Mix.jpg
Aug2Canopy.jpg

Let's get this party started. I Love those lights.

You and me both bro. :high-five:

The plants jumped hugely when I moved them from the greenhouse to the TopLED's. :)

Well, 8 weeks and counting until harvesting begins on this batch means that it is time to get cracking on the next batch of seeds.

Next grow will consist of 2 Lucy, 2 Red Dragon, 2 Northern Light and 2 Kali Mist. Because it will be in the fall I could add my HPS onto the LED's.

Wow, for once I join on the first page. It's about time!

1/2 lb = I AM IN! I hope you hit/exceed your goal. Good luck, and enjoy!

Hehe. Sometimes I think I do the journal just so I am guaranteed a spot on the first page. :)

Going easy on the training this time round. HP should be very doable with 6 plants. The durban is a high yielder.

After soaking overnight in water plus a bit of h202 I put the seeds in paper towels in ziplocs on top of the leds. Today all 8 were well sprouted :) Potted them all in some little 3 inch square pots....then knocked over the last pot back into the soil mix and lost the seed!!!

:oops:

The missus and I spent the next half-hour sifting through dirt. No luck. Finally I got a sieve and a pail of water. In the very last sieve-full there she was, root intact and everything. :) :) :)

After soaking overnight in water plus a bit of h202 I put the seeds in paper towels in ziplocs on top of the leds. Today all 8 were well sprouted :) Potted them all in some little 3 inch square pots....then knocked over the last pot back into the soil mix and lost the seed!!!

:oops:

The missus and I spent the next half-hour sifting through dirt. No luck. Finally I got a sieve and a pail of water. In the very last sieve-full there she was, root intact and everything. :) :) :)

LOL
What would we do without our leading ladies lending a helping hand? And panty hose or hair nets??LOL

I moved the ladies into flowering as they were ready so consquently I have a kind of snapshot of the first two weeks of flowering. The left row progresses from 2 weeks to 10 days to 1 week, the girls on the right are all about 4 days into flower.

Below that are my next batch. We could call today day one of veg I guess, except for the little Northern Lights who got stuck in her shell and hasn't decided if she is going to live or not.

Below that is what is left of my Red Dragon, most of the large buds, nicely cured now.

Aug8Canopy1.jpg

Aug8babies.jpg

Aug8RD.jpg

100% germination rate.
8 plants.
With a target of 8 ounces.
and LED lighting.

I think you can easily make it happen with the right environment. I'm going to guess you see a dry yield of around 9.6 ounces.

Now don't make me look bad Pantagruel! Let's see 9.6 ounces or more!

Roger! Thanks Antics :)

Just had a look at your ladies, the Cali Jack is especially impressive :thumb:

I think I'm causing some confusion by tacking the odd update from my next grow onto the current one which is flowering. This one is six plants with a target of 1/2 lb. Sorry about that Antics. I'll leave the new girls out of this journal from now on. For that next grow my tentative target is going to be 1 lb, but we'll see how this one goes.... :)

Back
Top Bottom