Pantagruel Goes Big

Pruned the worst leaves back, misted all the girls with h202, cleaned the grow room, cleaned all the fans, now that the shops are open I'm going on a hunt for something with spinosad in it....

Spraying with Doktor Doom Botanics and I'll be watering with mosquito dunks for a few applications at least.

Also picked up some DNF Organic Gro 8-2-3 which is their one-part veg forumlation. I'm going to go with a much more basic mix, closer to soilless really, 40% Promix 10% Vermiculite, 20% Perlite, 20 % Worm Castings, 10% Kelp, enough lime to balance it. I want to be able to feed more aggressively in veg to get the growth that I see a lot of others can get :)

Plants are a little burned, from nutes and the multiple sprayings I assume. But not too bad. Last watering I only used Calmag. Next one I will do a half-strength feeding then straight water only thereafter as there will only be 3 weeks to go at that point.

My 4 Durban Lights seedlings are a week old and really super-compact. These are my flux-candidates. I will start a new journal for them soon.

Thrips are under control, but the little Kali Mist has hermied all over herself. I've been so busy the last 3 weeks I've barely had time to water, let alone do any thorough inspections. Time to train the wife I think.

I'll get some pictures up by this weekend of the 6 remaining girls. May harvest a couple this weekend.

In the meantime, before I get a chance to start a new journal, here are my 4 flux candidates for my next grow. That one will feature two Pure Kush and one or two fluxed Durban Lights. I'll be shooting for three footers this time instead of two.

Here they are, three weeks old, my first shot a fluxing!!! :)

Dec03DLFluxers.jpg

Back to business. This The nicer pheno of the two Red Dragons at 8.5 weeks. The wife has run dry again, so I'll most likely be pulling this girl on Saturday. Possibly. I haven't had time to inspect all the girls, so I may take a Lucy instead. Likely will harvest the rest next weekend, with the exception of the Kali, which I may give one more week.

Dec4RD1.jpg

That sure does look tasty!! Great job... post a pic of some Kali buds please??? I've got some Kali beans waiting to get going, I think a pic or 2 might just be the incentive to get me off my sorry ass and get a new grow going.

Cheers

I just grabbed a snap of the Red Dragon I harvested at 9 weeks. Next weekend is the big pull so I'll get everyone then. I took some snaps under the LED's but the colour is so bad I don't want to post those.

Final weight on this RD will be a good 28 g dry. Very nice fruity aroma. :thumb:

Dec6RDHarvest.jpg

Thanks, I was wondering about that. That started to happen naturally as they grew, so I'll continue that. I gather from your guide that I want to keep agressively defoling to promote branching, yes?

Its actually the opening up of the young foliage at the growing tips that promotes faster development of nodes. Basically by opening the tiny immature growth to the light, you force it to mature quicker. This makes the plant ready the next node.
The process works and gives you stacked tight nodes along the main flux arms. Remember for flow we only use the nodes that sit at sides of main flux arms, not the under over ones! :)

Here are the bigger buds KJC, which are about half of the total oz. They go back into jars for the final cure today, which is to say in about 48 hours they will be perfect, although of course they will keep curing after that too :)

Here also is the Lucy that I pulled today. She will yield about 25 g dried.

Dec12RDBuds.jpg
\\

Dec12Lucy1.jpg

All the girls are harvested now. Looks like it will be a pretty uniform 25-30g per plant. I'm stilll not quite achieving my target yields, but getting closer. I think the thrip infestation at 6 weeks and the spray treatments hurt the yield some.

Anyway, everything is drying in paper bags now. The Red Dragon I pulled last week is nearly cured now and starting to smell quite delicious :)

Back
Top Bottom