Pantagruel's 1st Indoor Durban Poison

Thanks! Hey, do you guys think I could run a 250 w hps in a big room without dedicated cooling, just the circulation fan and filter? I'm sure a 150 would be ok, but more is more...

i use a 600 watt in a grow tent with only a couple of oscillating fans blowing in through the lower vents causing the heat to escape out the top. With the window open in the room temps stay around 26 degrees C in winter.

Causes temp problems in the summer though so I only veg then.

With a bit of fore thought you would be perfectly fine with that set up, however, you can never have too much ventilation :)

No kidding. Wow. I guess watts are watts, so if I'm using 450 now them I should get a similar amount of heat if I keep the total watts the same. I was planning to get a 250 and use a few cfls but maybe I should go straight to the 400. LA certainly makes good use of a 400 on his single plant!

AlphaBetaOct23.png

I can pick up a sun system hps 250 today. I kind of want to finish the whole thing cfl, but I would also like to maximize the yield.

Would the hps make a big difference for the last 4 weeks?

Ya. 2 hours wasted.

Did you wipe the bulb before set up? Any grease, dust, sweat etc will reduce it's output.

Also, HPS has to warm up so to speak, it will start off looking blue/white then turn bright orange. Although this should only take a couple of minutes at most.

Not too sure about a 250 watt, but like LA said hps should get hot. My 600 watt hps is too hot 3-4 inches away, I would hate to think about touching it...

Hps

Oct24Canopy1.png

I like how the canopy looks under the new Sun System 400, much happier. I dispensed with all the cfls; I feel that I am getting more than enough all round coverage with the reflector. :yahoo:

Well, the fungus gnats resurfaced, so I hit them with a dose of diatomaceous earth.

My clones were really sick, but a repotting and flush worked wonders and both are back on track, although I had to strip one right back to the stem.

Back
Top Bottom