Pantagruel's 1st Indoor Durban Poison

Branches are starting to droop under the weight (and I'm getting antsy with the wait). Darn buds!

I would recommend tying them up, or supporting them with stakes now. Much easier to do now as a preventative measure.

Nothing worse than opening the grow area at lights on to find a branch or two have snapped under the weight of heavy buds. Well, there is worse things. But it would suck lol

Haven't posted any pics in a while. Here are some buds at 7 weeks. Although the camera won't show it because of the lighting, the smaller of my two plants has much darker orange buds than the larger, so maybe it is a slightly different strain? I'll try to figure out a way to capture that. In the meantime :peace:

Nov8bud02.png
Nov8Bud01.png

Seeds!?

A mystery. And not entirely a good one. The last bud I pulled to check had a couple of seeds I think. I don't see anything unusual, but apparently this plant has self-pollinated? Guess I should chop it, or maybe check another bud?

Nov11Seeds.jpg

Just a couple? Thats too bad. Keep the seeds, keep the girls till they are done and plant the seeds. They will likely be fems :D Slight tendencies to herm, but a couple seeds isn't horrible.

Ok, I chopped Alpha. Lots of seedies in the popcorn, main buds seem ok. I'm thinking this is a pure Sativa and this plant just got stressed, possibly when I topped it so late, it never did stretch. Potency is still good, got 96 grams of bud and 46 grams of popcorn wet. Beta is still alive and well.

cutbuds1.jpg

Popcorn's ready

Out with the old, in with the new. Here is the popcorn bud from the smaller plant Alpha that went hermie and got pulled early. A good half oz which smells and tastes and works great! Kind of a lemon-tangerine zest thing going on, extremely sweet. When I was moving these buds out of their drying bag a bunch of crystals/pistils collected up, so I sampled those. Talk about strong medicine. One of the perqs of farming I see! :yummy:

All of which makes me even more excited to harvest the better plant Beta next week, from which I haven't yet tasted anything. Here's also a pic of the next generation Beta's children who I have affectionately dubbed C1 and C2. C1 the larger has had the stem lst trained horizontal whle C2 has been topped and the branches tied down. The have been in flower just over a week and are showing nicely. I hope to get 11 buds from C1 and 6 from C2. A mini-sized experiment for fun.

Nov14Clones.jpg

HarvestAlphaPopcorn01.jpg

2 in one. Sometimes just a little bit of natural competition will really kick start a plant so I thought I'd give it a try.

Never thought of it that way. I wonder how it turns out.

What will you do if say one develops a deficiency and the other one is okay? I mean, how will you deal with that since they are sharing the same medium?

Back
Top Bottom