PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

What strikes me about dunking to feed the plants is the following: Lets say you have 6 plants to dunk. You fill up a big tub and start dunking, draining and moving on to the next one. Each time you wash salts and debris out of that soil along with extra nutes. I can only imagine the soup the last plants in the process are getting. Alternative... use even more nutes and refill the dunking tub a couple of times... or stop trying to reinvent the wheel and water slowly from the top to save some money and stress on your back.

This I am sure is a factor (had not considered that :thanks:)
Although I only run 2 plants at a time so its only approx 4 cups mixed
into the next 12 cups Honestly with only the 2 I have not noticed a issue
but now that you KICKED my OCD on I will need to stop doing it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Will return to adding the extra to my front yard :yummy:

Thanks again Emilya

EDIT:

But I will always try to re-invent, its how I fine tune

My method (different according to pot bucket fit) was to
place 12 cups H20 with whatever Drench & tea into the DUNK bucket. This amount is the
exact amount I can place in the bucket and not overflow the sides when
I put the pot in and push down to the bottom (water lever rises)

After ONLY 4 minutes I remove and drain the pot by tipping left, right, front, Back
until it stops dripping COMPLETELY, can take 10 minutes or so

After that I will have 4 cups of liquid left in bucket thats exactly 1/3 of what I started
with. This means 2/3 of the product I ORIGINALLY added is still in the pot. I now know
the exact amount of product used

You can adjust the amount of liquid the pot suck up by adjusting the time its in the bucket
but dont go over 4 minutes or you may take the chance of shocking the roots do to lack of
oxygen, I noticed a slow down when leaving them in the DUNK Buckets longer

As mentioned above we are conditioning the soil. we dont add chemical nutrients. If the microbes
are working they will take care of the needs of the plant
That sounds like a plan now I know how to dunk the right way do you continue with the other plants in the 1 gal bucket or would I have to remix water drench for each plant or can I use left over and add a little to it to get back to the 4 cups and repeat process until I have dunked all 4 plants in one gallon pots

That sounds like a plan now I know how to dunk the right way do you continue with the other plants in the 1 gal bucket or would I have to remix water drench for each plant or can I use left over and add a little to it to get back to the 4 cups and repeat process until I have dunked all 4 plants in one gallon pots

JUST IN :rofl: :rofl: Mix a new batch for each and use the left over in your yard
its really not much if only running a few plants. We cant really dunk a lot when
young so the time between Dunks are much longer. It can get waist full at the
end if you wait for daily dunks.

OK another question I got a garden sprayer they make a fine mist so I can water nice and slowly from the top will that help in top watering /drenches. I am so glad to be figuring this out now and not having to make mistakes along the way. I like having a solid plan before I start. Also for the kit users is there a time where I only water with out drenches/teas ? and Duggan tell me the routine, …. water, Drench Foliar repeat. what is the order again then Cat at 4 weeks of flower

Now that I understand Thank You, I can go ahead and use a 5gal. bucket then let it drain back in the bucket can I reuse the dunked in water for the next plant I know I would probably have to add between

Now that I understand Thank You, I can go ahead and use a 5gal. bucket then let it drain back in the bucket can I reuse the dunked in water for the next plant I know I would probably have to add between
As you can see...everyone has their own way....and none of them are wrong. You gotta take in the info and find what works best for you. In time it will all come together and you will know if something is working for you or you want to try another way and see how it feels.

DUNKING Waist

Lets do the Math using my last documented grow

PRODUCT AMOUNTS USED
this includes Seedling Stage and Veg
(
until Up-Pot)

GUAWI:
GE = 8ml
TP = 28ml
TEA = 6.4ml

I did 9 DUNKS prior to the Up-Pot and the above amounts are the total amounts of each product.
Since I use 12 cups and got 6 cups run off last time (1/2 waist) its easy to see the total waist

amount of actual product Waist
GUAWI:
GE = 4ml
TP = 14ml (approx 1/2 oz)
TEA = 3.2ml

As you can see...everyone has their own way....and none of them are wrong. You gotta take in the info and find what works best for you. In time it will all come together and you will know if something is working for you or you want to try another way and see how it feels.
I am going to try the dunking in a bucket like in the video link you shared Thank You for that. I am starting to see things come together I got a plan now so I am going to grow 4 plants in my tent I had to choose which strains to run, not enough room to run all the strains I have seeds for. So I have chosen the strains that will work best for me out of the seeds I have available. I will train using the quadlining technique maybe on future runs I will get the netting and try SCROGing. I will use the dunk method while in one gallon pots then wen ready transplant into the 7 gal. fabric pots. with 18/6 lighting while in veg then lower the lights and go to 12/12 for flipping and flowering. I will be doing the DBHBB kit for feeding the soil. I got the garden sparer for watering the 7 gal. pots. I hope the carbon filter will take care of the smell so my wife don't get bent out of shape if it does I am golden. Any way that is the plan for now.

DUNKING Waist

Lets do the Math using my last documented grow

PRODUCT AMOUNTS USED
this includes Seedling Stage and Veg
(
until Up-Pot)

GUAWI:
GE = 8ml
TP = 28ml
TEA = 6.4ml

I did 9 DUNKS prior to the Up-Pot and the above amounts are the total amounts of each product.
Since I use 12 cups and got 6 cups run off last time (1/2 waist) its easy to see the total waist

amount of actual product Waist
GUAWI:
GE = 4ml
TP = 14ml (approx 1/2 oz)
TEA = 3.2ml
Now I will need recommendations on how much to give and how often to dunk I am assuming that the plants will use more later in veg and less as seedlings so when do I start dunking and what do I do while still in seedling stage

I am going to try the dunking in a bucket like in the video link you shared Thank You for that. I am starting to see things come together I got a plan now so I am going to grow 4 plants in my tent I had to choose which strains to run, not enough room to run all the strains I have seeds for. So I have chosen the strains that will work best for me out of the seeds I have available. I will train using the quadlining technique maybe on future runs I will get the netting and try SCROGing. I will use the dunk method while in one gallon pots then wen ready transplant into the 7 gal. fabric pots. with 18/6 lighting while in veg then lower the lights and go to 12/12 for flipping and flowering. I will be doing the DBHBB kit for feeding the soil. I got the garden sparer for watering the 7 gal. pots. I hope the carbon filter will take care of the smell so my wife don't get bent out of shape if it does I am golden. Any way that is the plan for now.
Yup....you got a good mix and match of successful strategies there. Just don't let environmental issues get out of whack and things should be fine for a first run. I am willing to bet you will be making adjustments or "fine tuning" like @Gazoo was mentioning...cause it never seems to end. It's all fun.

If running equatorial Sativa might want to consider 11/13 since most of the year they are 12/12 so flower is easier under
11/13

At latitude 0° (the Equator) day length will be approximately 12 hours. Areas on the Equator have a constant 12 hours of day light all year round. As latitude increases to 80° (polar circles - north or south) day length can be seen to increase to 24 hours or decrease to zero (depending on time of year).

Now I will need recommendations on how much to give and how often to dunk I am assuming that the plants will use more later in veg and less as seedlings so when do I start dunking and what do I do while still in seedling stage
For how often it is a simple answer....when they need it. I have four plants going right now and all four get drenched at different times. That time is when the pot is light in weight. Whether you use a scale and wait for that target number or you just lift it and feel the lightness. You want to follow the wet/dry cycle to force the roots to go searching for moisture and fill up that pot. The older they get the faster they will get light.

How much?
That is another one where everyone's measurements and methods can vary to suit their "style." I think it is better to try and follow one persons guidance and take others into consideration. Too many cooks in the kitchen sort of thing.

*edit: Gazoo seems to have a good handle on Info :rofl: ....listen to Gazoo*

For how often it is a simple answer....when they need it. I have four plants going right now and all four get drenched at different times. That time is when the pot is light in weight. Whether you use a scale and wait for that target number or you just lift it and feel the lightness. You want to follow the wet/dry cycle to force the roots to go searching for moisture and fill up that pot. The older they get the faster they will get light.

How much?
That is another one where everyone's measurements and methods can vary. I think it is better to try and follow one persons guidance and take others into consideration. Too many cooks in the kitchen sort of thing.

*edit: Gazoo seems to have a good handle on Info :rofl: ....listen to Gazoo*
Gazoo and Duggan are my go to guys on DBHBB but like you said I will take what others say in consideration ie. Quadlining Thank you. I also subscribe to Docs thread so I will be keeping a close eye on what's going on over there. I have also found a couple other members journals I am following but for keeping me straight I will check with Duggan and Gazoo

Gazoo and Duggan are my go to guys on DBHBB but like you said I will take what others say in consideration ie. Quadlining Thank you. I also subscribe to Docs thread so I will be keeping a close eye on what's going on over there. I have also found a couple other members journals I am following but for keeping me straight I will check with Duggan and Gazoo
I have been under the wing of @Duggan for a while now, he's got a good track record of leading people to success. Lots of experience there, he's like the Robocop of cannabis :rofl:
First thing is 7 gallon pots are too small for Duggs. 10 gallon or bigger is advised, but remember his style is growing big yields. High quality and lots of it. So more soil for the roots to play in is recommended.

As for measurement goes it is really simple. Measure by gallon of water...10-15ml per gallon of RO water for all drenches + 2.5ml of tea with everything. *edit: for top feeding not dunking*

It is real simple.

Also....one kit can fill 4 10 gallon pots you still got time to upgrade :rofl:

I have been under the wing of @Duggan for a while now, he's got a good track record of leading people to success. Lots of experience there, he's like the Robocop of cannabis :rofl:
First thing is 7 gallon pots are too small for Duggs. 10 gallon or bigger is advised, but remember his style is growing big yields. High quality and lots of it. So more soil for the roots to play in is recommended.

As for measurement goes it is really simple. Measure by gallon of water...10-15ml per gallon of RO water for all drenches + 2.5ml of tea with everything.

It is real simple.

Also....one kit can fill 4 10 gallon pots you still got time to upgrade :rofl:
I have 10gal. pots I thought for the ratios to be right I needed 7gal. pots So if its OK to do 10gal. that is what pot I will use after the 1 gal. pots. I seen Duggans crop and Man he has some big ass plants and Hugh Buds covered in tricoms That's what level I hope to get to but I think that level will be a long way off for me but I plan to get there one day with Duggan and others help. I have picked up So much already I love to learn about growing and this is the BEST forum around because of the helpful members her on 420mag. Thank You for the help. :thumb:

@Duggan is the guy He will keep you on track :cheer:much more experience with this than me
Im still in the watching and learning phase
Your thoughts and ideas are Very helpful Gazoo Thank You , You guys Rock :theband:

Back
Top Bottom