A Martian Alchemy: Turning LED Into Gold With The FC3000

holy batpoo brother. I am so far behind now. so sorry i missed the party starting. All in now though. trying to catch up ..... love the start. catch you in the later posts. love that light

wow wow and wow mate. killing it here with that new light.... isabelle is a beauty too. felling axe required

Good to see you, gigiddy :cheesygrinsmiley:
And really, under a mars light You Are Seen! There are no shadows anywhere anymore. No more gloomy corners with yellowing leaves.
You’ve been flying the mars flag for a while now and I know you’re a former HPS adherent. You were right.
Seriously thinking about the FC4800 for our next space.

Good to see you, gigiddy :cheesygrinsmiley:
And really, under a mars light You Are Seen! There are no shadows anywhere anymore. No more gloomy corners with yellowing leaves.
You’ve been flying the mars flag for a while now and I know you’re a former HPS adherent. You were right.
Seriously thinking about the FC4800 for our next space.
have to agree there. we lose a lot on HPS just from position alone , then add glass from a cool tube nicking 20% of the light too. Deffo more cost efficient too , but its the bud structure that sells it now . so much tighter and solid. Love your new light too. would love to win the new one for the space I have as would cover perfectly and mean 2 for a veg tent to develop alongside.

Gave her a chop finally, and a quick bath; Water was way cleaner than I expected even for being in a workshop full of sawdust for more than a month and having PM :confused:. Now comes the hard part; To dry and cure without going crazy waiting. Yes, I'm hijacking your thread. Thanks for being cool about it. Cheers. :peace:

Gave her a chop finally, and a quick bath; Water was way cleaner than I expected even for being in a workshop full of sawdust for more than a month and having PM :confused:. Now comes the hard part; To dry and cure without going crazy waiting. Yes, I'm hijacking your thread. Thanks for being cool about it. Cheers. :peace:

Congrats on the awesome harvest.... solid looking buds brother and good afternoon DD.

Yes, I'm hijacking your thread. Thanks for being cool about it. Cheers. :peace:

I’m beyond cool with it mate. Dog paddling in the pools of More Than Happy on the other side already.
How many weeks was that beautiful plant under the FC3000? She started flowering outside, yeah? Looks like she finished strongly.
Gorgeous photos. IDK how people wait so long on these things either. Gardening is teaching me some patience, but part of me still sees that scythe swing and believes the wait is over.

Have you grown the MOAB indoors before under different lights? How did she compare?

She did the entire veg outside and then one month of flower before coming inside for a month. She had a sister that would've been just as beautiful but a rabbit decided to chop her down and ruin my day. I cut the little bonzais off of the fallen one and rooted them in lake water. They didn't root for nearly 3 weeks so they didn't have much of a chance, I gave them a last minute topping but that made it worse if anything. MOAB, She's supposedly a 10 weeker but the weather might've rushed her along a bit. I'm not really going by trichomes anyways; This is a summer residence and I extended my stay way more than I should've.

I've grown in the past indoors but something has always messed it up for me. My first crop was a bag seed that turned into a hermie. It seeded like crazy and got heat stressed cuz I had a big HPS bulb in a little closet with poor ventilation. I didn't harvest much that time. I had to split with my roommate and to drive the nail into the coffin; I accidentally put my bag through the washing machine with my pants. Second time got cut short because of my living situation. I boxed my hashplant clones up and brought them to a friends house in a taxi... that was awkward. Had some bigger balls back then. Anyways I never seen even a nug in return - so much for generosity.

I'm happy things worked out this time and looking forward to many more.

How ya liking that FC3000 brother?

What's the actual dimensions? I'm lookin to buy this light for my 3x3 tent. Do you happen to know how deep the light can penetrate down into the plants? Example: 16" from the strips down would be usable growing light?

It's 23 x 21" approx. I'd grabbed it for a 4x4 but to be honest it may be better suited for a 3x3' area as advertised. You might flower at 16" or so. Penetration seemed good; Even my lowest larf was smokable bud. Should have something setup again soon.

It's 23 x 21" approx. I'd grabbed it for a 4x4 but to be honest it may be better suited for a 3x3' area as advertised. You might flower at 16" or so. Penetration seemed good; Even my lowest larf was smokable bud. Should have something setup again soon.

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure it actually fits in my tent. I will ;) actually it's the size of my diy light 22" square lol

How ya liking that FC3000 brother?

I’m liking it lots! I meant to measure the light for you yesterday, but forgot* :eek: so I’m glad @Regrowth got you there.

*:sorry: my attention has been preoccupied since a trip to the dentist a few days ago.

Glad to see you swing by. I hope you solve your lighting situation. I have only ever used one LED, this one, but I am happy to recommend it.
From what I can tell it’s cheaper, but performs better, than some of its nearest alternatives.
We will most likely buy Mars again for our next expansion.

Yes. I’m drying an untrimmed tray of loose lowers. 40” from the light, through a dense canopy they’ll still make useful weight.

I’m impressed.

I’m liking it lots! I meant to measure the light for you yesterday, but forgot* :eek: so I’m glad @Regrowth got you there.

*:sorry: my attention has been preoccupied since a trip to the dentist a few days ago.

Glad to see you swing by. I hope you solve your lighting situation. I have only ever used one LED, this one, but I am happy to recommend it.
From what I can tell it’s cheaper, but performs better, than some of its nearest alternatives.
We will most likely buy Mars again for our next expansion.

Yes. I’m drying an untrimmed tray of loose lowers. 40” from the light, through a dense canopy they’ll still make useful weight.

I’m impressed.

No worries brother and thanks ;) Take care of them teeth man. I understand that kinda pain. Not much els matters when your teeth ache.
Looking forward to buying this light myself.

Looking forward to buying this light myself.

I don’t think you’ll be sorry, CB. I had it in my 3x3 veg tent doing well, now it is performing beyond the expectations of its designers by flowering my 4x4 room. Pretty well too, I might add.

This plant was harvested this week. Can you see how green the lowers are on her? I’ve been running this same cut under HPS for 18months and she almost always comes in looking ratty and yellow down low. And that’s with a loose canopy! I’ve been giving the FC3000 a run for its money by running a very tight canopy for the last month. Show ya in a sec..

Just dropping by DD, and wow, :drool: :high-five:
Love those sweet pics, how's the heat been with that LED?

Kiaora cuz and thanks. The heat has been almost negligible. I say almost because the FC3000 is warmer than the 40W bulb it replaced in veg.
We’ve been having a cold snap here for the last while and I don’t see that the LED contributes any meaningful heat to the flower room. I warm the flower room by drawing air from the heated veg tent.
This is a snapshot of the canopy yesterday. The purple one in the front is the same cut as one you can see in the back left, but is purpler than any of her cuts I’ve grown before. I think that’s because of low temps.

Safe to say the FC3000 is outperforming expectations.

Martian shadows are still light.

I took this picture today of one of the darkest spots I could find under the canopy.

My usual practice has been to employ a radical defol on every plant at three, and sometimes six weeks.

I’m holding off. I just want to see what happens.

I hope you’re well, folks. Thanks for stopping in :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom