Phlizon Weekly Showcase FD8000 1000W!

Thats why im here I've also contacted phlizon from where I purchased it but I'm still waiting for a reply

they're supposed to be a decent company so lets see what they come up with. imo you've done the due diligence.

they're supposed to be a decent company so lets see what they come up with. imo you've done the due diligence.
Im not one to complain but this is going to stuff the grow having lights glowing during dark cycle.
I brought these for the Canuk comparative grow and need this sorted ASAP .

Luckily your an electrician! What would anyone who's not an electrician be expected to do? 🤔
Probably have to return the fittings ,hopefully this resolves the issue. I'd say I've received the lower voltage driver the120v instead of the 240v drivers and its causing the issue.

Probably have to return the fittings ,hopefully this resolves the issue. I'd say I've received the lower voltage driver the120v instead of the 240v drivers and its causing the issue.
The fact a company would expect someone to do their own electrical work on a brand new product that's faulty is a massive Red flag to me!!
Sorry but I think that's a fucking pathetic effort from this company!!!

The fact a company would expect someone to do their own electrical work on a brand new product that's faulty is a massive Red flag to me!!
I had mentioned i was an electrician so that's probably why they suggestion 💁‍♂️
Its the easiest option for me rather than have to fuck around sending it back ,try this fix first

I had mentioned i was an electrician so that's probably why the suggestion 💁‍♂️
Its the easiest option for me rather than have to fuck around sending it back ,try this fix first
I know it's illegal to do electrical work commercially in Australia if your not a licensed electrician but whats the go for your own personal dwelling?

Can't picture swapping a driver would count as electrical work.
It's common place and makes a lot more sense than sending the light back for repair.
Other companies handle failed drivers under warrantee the same way.
Not a great look that the units arrived faulty but it's good that they're trying to fix the situation.

Can't picture swapping a driver would count as electrical work.
It's common place and makes a lot more sense than sending the light back for repair.
Other companies handle failed drivers under warrantee the same way.
Not a great look that the units arrived faulty but it's good that they're trying to fix the situation.

What would you call swapping a driver on a light then?
What other companies handle faults the same way??

Without mentioning anyone, because it's a phlizon thread,
lets just say 'other sponsors'. but it's certainly not limited to the site sponsors.
It's just cheaper and means a quicker turn around. If they're smart about it the swap can be mostly plug and play.

I think that is quite reasonable and the easiest solution for everyone !

The change out will likely take less time and effort than repackaging and returning.......

Cheers

lets just say 'other sponsors'. but it's certainly not limited to the site sponsors.
It's just cheaper and means a quicker turn around. If they're smart about it the swap can be mostly plug and play.
Its not just a plug and play on this one the driver is integral to the fitting but that doesn't bother me.

I know it's illegal to do electrical work commercially in Australia if your not a licensed electrician but whats the go for your own personal dwelling?
If you get away with it who's to know but if something goes array and someone is injured or killed you are screwed if you are doing work illegally

I think that is quite reasonable and the easiest solution for everyone !

The change out will likely take less time and effort than repackaging and returning.......

Cheers
Yeah doing this when you just spent $1400 on brand new lights seems quite reasonable to you does it? 🤣

No. The fact it's "integral to the fitting" and not plug and play makes it more of a pain point.
The truth is the driver hasn't exactly failed either and this could've been noticed by QC.
And when something fails early or arrives faulty then... well, not great...
I do feel that if it's easy to swap and to honor a warrantee period that it's reasonable.

If returning was an option, I'd have probably done it.
If I just ordered two fittings that don't work properly I'd be pretty upset personally.
Had Ab' not mentioned the electrician part hopefully they would've handled it differently.
I don't know. But hey, at least they're admitting there's an issue and trying to rectify it.

No. The fact it's "integral to the fitting" and not plug and play makes it more of a pain point.
The truth is the driver hasn't exactly failed either and this could've been noticed by QC.
And when something fails early or arrives faulty then... well, not great...
I do feel that if it's easy to swap and to honor a warrantee period that it's reasonable.
That will be my next question to them ,by me doing this repair as requested does it void my warranty 😊
Like I said if this is all it takes its a simple fix for me ,it would seem the drivers with the wrong voltage input might have been sent causing the issue with the electronics in the driver ,it would be an easy mistake to make .
I will be happy if this resolves the issue as they do look well built and im looking forward to being able to check out the internal build quality without voiding my warranty 😊

i would double check that. on all my builds it works the other way around. all the higher power rigs i built will dim to zero. it's the lower output drivers that stay at 5 - 10% when dimmed all the way down.

Ok new drivers turned up and they resolved the problem new one is the bottom one in the top picture .

20231106_125054.jpg

20231106_110009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom