Photos, Soil, Mars Hydro Grow

My only problem with Canada's recreational system is that seed must be bought from Licenced Producers (LPs) through government approved retailers. This severely limits the strains available. Those that are available are overpriced, weaker strains named by the LPs. You have no clue as to their linage. You can also have as much on-hand as you wish.

On the other hand, the medical system is not too bad. It's relatively easy to get a prescription, and medical grow licence. They only ask if you require 'starting materials.' Although there are other laws regarding the importation of seed, just about any strains you want are available, perhaps not the 'cut' you desire. Since most prescriptions are for two or more grams per day, indoor licences start at ten plants, and outdoor grow licences start at four plants. Combined indoor/outdoor licences start at eight indoor plus two outdoor plants. There are limits as to what you can have on-hand.

Hell yea . So I think I'll transplant way earlier next grow.
Not sure if that's the reason or not. Never the less it's working fine. Only way to know is to try it again. These were all Freebie seeds I got with my Auto flower seeds when I placed my order from Herbie's Seeds. They've been packed away for well over a year so I was surprised they even grew.
Just got 4 more free seeds out of the weed I bought at the dispensary. 2-GG & 2- 707 Headband seeds. Packed them up for a later grow.
Anyway, I'm not sure why the plants are growing like this. It's my 1st grow with my new light, 1st time using MC & the 1st time I rushed the transplant, etc. So I have 3 different factors to consider besides it possibly being the strain.

My only problem with Canada's recreational system is that seed must be bought from Licenced Producers (LPs) through government approved retailers. This severely limits the strains available. Those that are available are overpriced, weaker strains named by the LPs. You have no clue as to their linage. You can also have as much on-hand as you wish.

On the other hand, the medical system is not too bad. It's relatively easy to get a prescription, and medical grow licence. They only ask if you require 'starting materials.' Although there are other laws regarding the importation of seed, just about any strains you want are available, perhaps not the 'cut' you desire. Since most prescriptions are for two or more grams per day, indoor licences start at ten plants, and outdoor grow licences start at four plants. Combined indoor/outdoor licences start at eight indoor plus two outdoor plants. There are limits as to what you can have on-hand.
The Medical system sounds better than the Recreational there.

Not sure if that's the reason or not. Never the less it's working fine. Only way to know is to try it again. These were all Freebie seeds I got with my Auto flower seeds when I placed my order from Herbie's Seeds. They've been packed away for well over a year so I was surprised they even grew.
Just got 4 more free seeds out of the weed I bought at the dispensary. 2-GG & 2- 707 Headband seeds. Packed them up for a later grow.
Anyway, I'm not sure why the plants are growing like this. It's my 1st grow with my new light, 1st time using MC & the 1st time I rushed the transplant, etc. So I have 3 different factors to consider besides it possibly being the strain.
I nice Herbie's is good. My next grow will be sponsored by them.

Thanks ! Wonder what they would have done in my auto-pots ??? That will be my next journal once I complete my grow room.

:)
They probably will even grow a little faster since there will be more oxygen available to the roots. But i also think that the difference will not be that big in general. I think.

Fun fact. When you put a seed in a big container it will take mpre time for them to sprout. Put it in a small container and they will sprout much faster. When you transplant from a small container to a bigger one, it will grow faster because the main roots, is it main roots? (pen wortel in Dutch) will go look for more 'room' and water so the leaves and stem can grow bigger. Leave them in a small container and you will see the plant stay small and less bushy but they will stretch more.

Very interesting, i wasn't aware of that. So no seeds from well known breeders outside of Canada are allowed at all?

Not legally ;)

You need a very hard to get licence to import the seeds. It's usually a one-shot deal. That said, the seeds slip through customs rather easily. The seed from banks other than the licenced in Canada are illegal to grow for recreational use. It's a grey area for medical use.

They probably will even grow a little faster since there will be more oxygen available to the roots. But i also think that the difference will not be that big in general. I think.
Yes, I think they'll grow much faster. These are the 6 gallon Auto-Pots with the air domes. With a constant feed & the Air Domes I think they would grow much faster. I guess I'll find out next grow. I bought this set up new a year ago & still haven't used it...LOL.

Fun fact. When you put a seed in a big container it will take mpre time for them to sprout. Put it in a small container and they will sprout much faster. When you transplant from a small container to a bigger one, it will grow faster because the main roots, is it main roots? (pen wortel in Dutch) will go look for more 'room' and water so the leaves and stem can grow bigger. Leave them in a small container and you will see the plant stay small and less bushy but they will stretch more.

There's a lot that requires a comprehensive understanding of both languages to properly translate from one to the other. I translated the books for the Gilde van Vrijwillige Molenaars (Volunteer Miller's Guild) from Dutch to English when I joined back in 1989.

As an example, 'wortel' translates both as 'root' and 'carrot,' depending on how it's used. 'Penwortel' in Dutch is properly translated as 'tap root' in English, while 'pen wortel' translates as 'pen root.'

There's a lot that requires a comprehensive understanding of both languages to properly translate from one to the other. I translated the books for the Gilde van Vrijwillige Molenaars (Volunteer Miller's Guild) from Dutch to English when I joined back in 1989.

As an example, 'wortel' translates both as 'root' and 'carrot,' depending on how it's used. 'Penwortel' in Dutch is properly translated as 'tap root' in English, while 'pen wortel' translates as 'pen root.'
Hmmm, that may just be the reason my plants took off so fast with the early transplanting.

Never heard of it before had too look it up Salt. I learned they do restoration, maintenance and lessons on our cultural mills.;)

My English isn't great ghehe I just know the basics and enough to communicate but the deeper meaning or comprehensive understanding is lacking. But you were right I did looked for the translation for 'Penwortel' and i got tap root as a result. I now learned something new :thumb: But pen root is def. the correct word right?

But pen root is def. the correct word right?
Yes it is, for that dialect. Many won't know that there is more one dialect spoken in the Netherlands. Some words are written a little differently too.

Hey Old Salt, you've been around these grow sites a while. I'm wondering if any of them have sponsors & contests to win things like pH pens, Light Meters, Controllers & stuff like that ? I haven't noticed any. I know you can't say which sites if they do. Just wondering if you've seen any of it before.
Wish the grow light companies would include an option to purchase a Lux / PAR Meter when you purchase the light or even give a cheap one away with the light. Maybe they don't want to prove the light will do what they say it will ???

I haven't seen any contests specifically for those items. If you win a contest with a sponsor that has something other than the offered prize, they *might* be willing to substitute. Quite often the prizes are items that the sponsors are trying to push.

You've been a Moderator. How do these sites get their sponsors ? I wonder if we could email companies like Phresh, Phat, Blue Lab, etc. & ask them to sponsor & have them do a contest so their product gets reviewed on the site. Wheels Turning ... LOL.

That needs to be done by the site owner, or their delegate. They really frown on members of forums soliciting on their behalf. You can PM the administrators and suggest sponsors, but not contact them on behalf of the forum.

High All ??? Well it's been 3 weeks & 2 days since I planted the seeds & a few days after that for them to pop up. So I'm going to consider this Day 20 of this little grow.
Well I just did my MC feeding for today & upped my dosage to 2.5 grams of MC per gallon. I also upped the amount I'm feeding from 2 - 12 oz. cups to 2.5 - 12 oz. cups. Reason being it was taking 3 days for pots to get light & now it takes 2 days; so they're using more at this point.
I also turned my light up to 100% as I think they're big enough to handle it.
Took 3 pics of each plant & 1 group shot for you all to check out.
I'll get these plants identified on the pots so you'll know which is which for my next pics. Sorry, just thought of it ... Duh !!!
6-37.JPG
6-38.JPG
6-39.JPG
6-40.JPG
6-41.JPG
6-42.JPG
6-43.JPG
6-44.JPG
6-45.JPG
6-46.JPG

Back
Top Bottom