Photos, Soil, Mars Hydro Grow

I have that same issue with RH, short of having a full size dehumidifier I haven’t found a way to bring down the daytime nbrs.
My RH only gets that high when the tents closed up for 6 hours during lights off. 65% - 70% is OK during Veg anyway & I imagine it takes a little while for the RH to get that high after closing the tent.
I should put it on low at lights off. Been running on high 24/7.

I'll have to take a closer look at the bottom leaves to see what they look like. The height will surely change as they will be in 5 gallon grow bags with oil drain pans under them & wire closet shelving. By time it's done they will be a good 10" - 12" higher. I'll have to raise my light at that point.
Debating on vegging longer because I think I can make my grow room usable to flower in within the next 2 - 3 weeks. More room & they'd have 2 - lights on them instead of 1.

My RH only gets that high when the tents closed up for 6 hours during lights off. 65% - 70% is OK during Veg anyway & I imagine it takes a little while for the RH to get that high after closing the tent.
I should put it on low at lights off. Been running on high 24/7.
My issue with rh started in veg but has continued into flowering. Doesn’t help it’s been pretty humid outside and I do vent the window next to my grow.

I was just checking the bottom leaves & some of them are fairly light colored. Also appears 1 leaf on each plant (Real close to the soil) has gotten really yellow. Not sure if these leaves were touching the wet soil or not. I move them up off the soil when feeding but they probably end back up touching wet soil again afterwards. That being said I don't know if I need to up the MC. I'm thinking the 1 leaf on each plant is nute burned from getting too wet. The other more pale bottom leaves might be saying they need more food ? Seems like 2 of the 3 have gotten lighter in color all the way to the top. The Gorilla Girl is darker & they were all the same dark color before.
Since I'm going to Veg longer I'm going to give it 2 more weeks before I up pot. They've only been in these pots about 2.5 weeks. Don't think they'd be root bound already. 2 more weeks and it should have a real good root ball.
So what you guys think .... should I up the MC to 3 grams per gallon ?
Taking some pics of the bottoms of the plants now. Back in a few to post them.

Here's the pics : 1st 2 pics are Gorilla Girl. 2nd 2 pics are Gorilla Glue. Last pic is Afghan Kush.
As you can see in the Afghan Kush pic it looks like nute burn on the leaf edges. The other 2 don't have that. What's your thoughts ???
6-69.JPG
6-70.JPG
6-71.JPG
6-72.JPG
6-73.JPG

The other 2 don't have that. What's your thoughts ???

I don't think of nute burn in this case, if so the new upper leaves would have burned leave tips. I think this plant has a little potassium deficiency since these burned tips are on the older leaves. Or/and maybe they dont get enough light underneath but than it would be yellowing first almost like a Nitrogen deficiency.

That's my thought.

I don't think of nute burn in this case, if so the new upper leaves would have burned leave tips. I think this plant has a little potassium deficiency since these burned tips are on the older leaves. Or/and maybe they dont get enough light underneath but than it would be yellowing first almost like a Nitrogen deficiency.

That's my thought.
Well if it's a Pot. Def. I guess I should up the MC as In the Shed suggested. They have gotten a shade or 2 lighter then they were. Leaves & branches are pretty tight so probably not much light to the bottoms. Going to do a little more LST on them tomorrow .

I'd up it to 3g/gallon without a care in the world, and I'd take off anything even close to the soil.
I was thinking of a bottom defol of just a couple inches to keep the leaves off the soil. I'm pretty sure that's what caused the bottom leaves to look that way. I'll clean them up some tomorrow. I'll go ahead & up the MC too.

Well I wanted to see the difference in an LST plant & 1 without & I have to say that LST will almost double you plant in size as far as width. The one without LST is nowhere near as bushy. I'll probably do some LST on it this weekend but nothing major.

Definitely recommend LST.....your 2nd level buds will thank you when they are i to flower....top cola on 2 of my plants will be chopped first and the rest 1 week or 2 weeks later depending how they mature. The top cola being so much bigger and taller it keeps the 2nd level colas light intensities much lower throughout flower.
I will never again grow another untrained plant

Definitely recommend LST.....your 2nd level buds will thank you when they are i to flower....top cola on 2 of my plants will be chopped first and the rest 1 week or 2 weeks later depending how they mature. The top cola being so much bigger and taller it keeps the 2nd level colas light intensities much lower throughout flower.
I will never again grow another untrained plant
I'm not really even doing a good job at it (1st time doing it this way) & I can tell it makes a big difference.

Well if it's a Pot. Def. I guess I should up the MC as In the Shed suggested. They have gotten a shade or 2 lighter then they were. Leaves & branches are pretty tight so probably not much light to the bottoms. Going to do a little more LST on them tomorrow .
Well the plants wont have a K def since your plant is not in flower. MC has plenty of P and K in it. When your plant shows N def, as yours does, then you increase the MC. When it shows a Ca def and/or a Mg def you increase the MC. When your plant shows a K def you decrease the amount of MC.

As Shed said, increase to 3g. Your plants will easily handle 3.5-4g. As I mentioned they are growing really fast and you have to see those signs in order to react accordingly. The light color tips is normal and turn darker green as they grow out.

Well the plants wont have a K def since your plant is not in flower. MC has plenty of P and K in it. When your plant shows N def, as yours does, then you increase the MC. When it shows a Ca def and/or a Mg def you increase the MC. When your plant shows a K def you decrease the amount of MC.

As Shed said, increase to 3g. Your plants will easily handle 3.5-4g. As I mentioned they are growing really fast and you have to see those signs in order to react accordingly. The light color tips is normal and turn darker green as they grow out.
Already fed tonight so next feeding I'll go to 3 grams. Trimmed up the bottoms tonight (6 or 7 leaves each plant). Nothing touching soil now. Also untied & re-did the LST on the Afghan Kush & started LST on the Gorilla Glue.
Plants didn't look too happy when I opened the tent at lights on. Humidity got to 84%. I've never had it get over 75% before. Must be the Big Humidifier / Small Tent. Put it on the low setting now.

Well RH is back to 50% & temps at 77 F. Plants look much happier today. Think I'll leave the bottom of the tent unzipped
during lights out so that don't happen again.
Pretty soon I'll have to take the Lg. Humidifier out of the tent & keep it running on high in the room the tents in. I'll put the small one back in the tent also. Never tried this yet so I hope it works out. Going to need the room in this little tent soon so wont have much choice. I hate to buy a bigger tent when I'll have my new grow room soon. Considering setting up the closet with both light to finish this grow in. I have a 4' x 6' closet that I can use so it's sounding like a good option. Just trying to figure out a way to hang the lights. Maybe some shower curtain rods will work.
My biggest problem is needing a truck to get the materials home from Home Depot. My stepson was suppose to do it 2 weeks ago but he keeps having to work the weekends. If I could just get the stuff home I'd be able to get it finished in no time. Home Depot charges $80 to deliver it. Too much to bring stuff 2 miles when it's just 14 sheets of 4' x 8' Hardboard & 4 sheets of 1" styro/poly insulation board for the ceilings. Trying to radiant barrier the shed best I can to make it harder for helicopters to detect.

Home Depot charges $80 to deliver it.
Would it be viable to rent their vans for 24.95 or whatever it is these days. I know they have them at my store so when I have a bunch of lumber I rent it for the hour and with gas refill costs me about 30.00.(CAD).

Home Depot charges $80 to deliver it.
Would it be viable to rent their vans for 24.95 or whatever it is these days. I know they have them at my store so when I have a bunch of lumber I rent it for the hour and with gas refill costs me about 30.00.(CAD).

Check around. U-haul has the lowest rental prices around here, but the mileage charges make it my most expensive option. Others charge more for the rental, but less or nothing for mileage and are more cost-effective.

Back
Top Bottom