Photos, Soil, Mars Hydro Grow

FFOF does have nutes in it, and MrSauga uses it so I'd check with him on how it affects the MC grams/gallon.

Great friend to step up and lend a hand like that! And I bet your plants are going to love going from hard pots to cloth bags. They dry out more evenly in cloth, but if you can, try to find an open plant stand or wire rack under them to allow some airflow to the bottoms.
I usually use oil drain pans & wire closet shelving to collect my run off anyway. I only have to dump them twice a week that way & helps keep the RH up a little.
I think I seen it on one of Old Salts posts & thought it was a good way to do things so I copied it.

Yes the FFOF has nutes in it that lasts about 4 weeks. It's actually a hot mix soil so it can nute burn seedlings.
Try not to get hung up on it being a hot soil, or that there's enough food in it for a month. If you don't feed any plant in FFOF for a month I can assure you your plant will show signs that it's hungry.
I go from tap root direct into FFOF or Miracle Grow Organic and never had a cooked seed yet. I think people drown their seeds and blame the FFOF. I just wanted to clarify that as it gives FFOF a bad rap for no reason when planting seeds.
Any good soil is rich in nutrients. Many prefer to use a seedling mix which I'm sure is another marketing ploy to buy the stuff ;)

There's no harm in feeding MC after the second node of growth at 2g/gal in FFOF. They don't drink much but they sure do like it.

Try not to get hung up on it being a hot soil, or that there's enough food in it for a month. If you don't feed any plant in FFOF for a month I can assure you your plant will show signs that it's hungry.
I go from tap root direct into FFOF or Miracle Grow Organic and never had a cooked seed yet. I think people drown their seeds and blame the FFOF. I just wanted to clarify that as it gives FFOF a bad rap for no reason when planting seeds.
Any good soil is rich in nutrients. Many prefer to use a seedling mix which I'm sure is another marketing ploy to buy the stuff ;)

There's no harm in feeding MC after the second node of growth at 2g/gal in FFOF. They don't drink much but they sure do like it.
So after I up pot go back to 2 grams per gallon after 2nd node growth & work my way back up ? LOL ... Only fed once with 3 grams per gallon. Going to up pot 1 a day starting tonight at lights on. Pic tomorrow.

OK, So even though I'm up potting to 5 gallon & will be adding about 3 gallons of FFOF I should continue with 3 grams per gallon ?
The size of the pot doesn't affect how much MC a plant get's. It's the color and stage that really matter. Your plant's will easily handle 4g's/gal so that's what I'd hit them with on the first feed after uppotting.

That's what I'm getting at. There's already food in the FFOF so if I add MC on top of that wouldn't it cause toxicities? I'm wondering if I need to use MC at a lower dose till the food in the FFOF is used up. It wont throw NPK out of whack ?
Trying to get a handle on this MC stuff. Sorry .

That's what I'm getting at. There's already food in the FFOF so if I add MC on top of that wouldn't it cause toxicities? I'm wondering if I need to use MC at a lower dose till the food in the FFOF is used up. It wont throw NPK out of whack ?
Trying to get a handle on this MC stuff. Sorry .
No, and I think it's because you are used to using traditional bottled nutes. The plant will only use what it can with MC. The FFOF soil has a low NPK value (.30 .45 .05 ) so the plants will not be affected by the MC but if you feel you need to cut it back then it shouldn't be a problem. If you see signs of a def then go back to what you were feeding prior to that.

There is no food in the organics of the FF unless the microbes in the soil can supply it to the roots... but since you are using MC, that part of the food chain goes mostly away, not needed any more. The rich soil will not affect your MC grow. Now if it was Miracle Grow with its little fertilizer balls, then that would be a different story

OK sounds good. Just got done up potting Gorilla Girl so here's some pics. Roots were climbing back up the sides of the pot. Raised the light a good 12" & put the other 2 up a little closer to the light.
Up pot another tomorrow.
6-88.JPG
6-89.JPG
6-90.JPG
6-91.JPG
6-92.JPG
6-93.JPG
6-94.JPG

Bet you can’t wait to get it set up
I really want to get the Shed / Grow Room Done. I've invested close to $2K into getting this thing set up right. Sealed every tiny crack in it, totally insulated including the roof, new roof, electric, etc... Gets up in the 110 - 120 in the summer around here so I sure hope it works.

Well got just a little done today. Cleared everything out of the closet & got everything I'll need to use to grow in it out of the shed. Stuff got dirty so got to clean it all before I hook it up. But Hey, I'm 1 step closer .. Ha Ha. Planning to up pot the GG tonight if I can stay awake. Smoked a Pre-Roll of something called Black Banana x GMO & that shit is really good.
What does GMO stand for ?

Back
Top Bottom