Pino's Coco & Perlite, Thunderpaws, First Grow Ever 2017

I'd let them grow a few days more and then top or fim them. I'd recommend topping for your first time as it is pretty common and easy. I like to let my plant get to 6-7 solid nodes and then top down to 4. This gives the plant a strong base before topping and nodes 3 and 4's branches will become the main 4 for the grow then. Once the plant gets a little wider you can tie down node 4s branches a little to let 3's catch up to them in height and then the 4 will grow evenly. Best part of this whole thing is you will get lots of recommendations and none are wrong!

As for the roots, there is nothing wrong with that at all. However when they get to the bottom they should curl back into the plant or the tips will kind of die off (which is fine). If they aren't then that means that are able to find water out of their pot. If that is the case then make sure they are not sitting in their own runoff water. Looks like you are having some good root growth! That is a great sign. Really you don't have much to worry about in terms of getting rootbound in coco. You should top/fim them and let them recover and then transplant to final pot.

No I don't tie anything. I kink the branches over so they grow that way. Tieing it is fine though.

As for FIM vs topping: best case FIM gets you double the number of tops as topping. Worst case you totally screw up the FIM and it IS topping ;-)
Nothing to lose by trying it.

Good luck.

Re: Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

What the guy above is talking about is super cropping. Very popular if you r running out of vertical room. Essentially you break the inside of the branch like a broken bone so it folds over then a knuckle will form where the break is. The knuckle can tend to be stronger than the branch itself. I try to stay away from doing it but have had to do it before. It doesn't really hurt the plant much just a little shock then she will start back growing fine.

Current DIY Grow
Homemade LED Grow Light & Drip System Journal

DIY TENT GROW RANDOM BAG SEED
DIY Tent Grow - Bag Seed

Well I thought I would get a mini update in just cause I did something and want to get thoughts! I decided to FIM two of my plants and document it for myself and the community so maybe someone can learn from either my success or failure but either way if I didnt do it right then I just topped it. So here is the aftermath of the sterile blade!

420-magazine-mobile116165021.jpg

420-magazine-mobile333039628.jpg

Plant Two!!

420-magazine-mobile513463570.jpg

420-magazine-mobile110265949.jpg

Both look like its has two shoots to the side and growth in the middle!! Please let me know if I did wrong or right! And if thre is anything better I can do. Thanks and have a great night!!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

Everything looks okay from my little experience, I've topped all of my plants with 100% success. I topped my biggest plant three times already. Really hard to go wrong with it. But your plants look healthy and happy so keep up the good work and keep up with the updates! Subbed up!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile729029659.jpg

This plant is a clone which I have trained and topped. The goal is to have more bud sites. You want her growing more horizontal than vertical if you are planning to top.

Sent from my SM-G920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looks like you did it correctly. I have never tried fimming myself, only topping. They are both pretty simple to do. Both look fimmed as with topping you would cut the stem just above 2 new growth tips.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes, you want your plants as low and wide as they can go just like the one in the post above. Once your plants are big enough to nearly fill the width of your space/light and still as short as possible that is ideal.

Of course you may not want to go too long this time, since you do not know which ones are males and females. Once you switch to bloom you will know within a week or so.

Don't forget before you bloom, you must have a viable clone for each separate plant labeled individually. After first harvest you decide which one is the best then you will use that clone from then on.

I have never seen a FIM need recovery time. Likely it is growing right now. In a couple days you will see multiple nodes coming from the FIM cut, but meanwhile rest if the plant is still growing. Take a pic and compare. You are probably looking at it too much ;-)

For bloom I would switch when your light coverage area is 2/3 to 3/4 full and you have one rooted clone of each.

Your right!! I am looking to much!! Gonna leave them alone. I been reading a lot too and people saying crazy things like two weeks. I thought that was crazy cause if that's the case I dont think it would be such a popular technique. Thanks and till next time. These are the best plants I have seen grow in person. Which is kinda limited had seen two friends grow but one only grew with a MH bulb talk bout lanky and the other was also under lights that I don't think were ideal!!

The cross is jack smack crossed with critical kush!! First time growing it. But since its a hybrid the three I have going are growing lil differently then each other but they are growing fast. That could b cause m growing in coco but seems like the genetics are great. Friend of mine crossed them!! And I 100 percent trust his growing skills!! Gonna do a update maybe later this evening. Stay tuned should b getting funner as time passes. Jus hoping I get a female or two out the three!! Fingers crossed!!

Back
Top Bottom