Pino's Coco & Perlite, Thunderpaws, First Grow Ever 2017

Update this evening the FIM and LST in full effect!! Hope to see everybody there!! Very happy with how plants respond to LST. Tied them down woke up this morning and thought they broke free but it was just the respone. Happen so fast getting real fun!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

Pics man, pics! (Is it weird and enthusiastic for you?)

Wanna challenge? I need the villages to help!! Teach this young padawan your ways Jedi Masters... help me grow...
NewB Grower Going To Need Your Help

Well how is everybody doing? Hope all is well in your part of the world. UPDATE TIME!!! To me a lot has been going on with my lil grow. Thought I learned a lot before beginning, but I tell you there is nothing like experience. I can read, watch videos, and stare at pictures till you cant anymore!!! But after the lil time I have had with these great genetics I feel like I am way more well rounded about the process. With that being said this journey jus began and looking forward to the wealth of knowledge coming my way. Ok so lets get started!! First thing just did my first FIM on two of the plants but really enjoyed what came from it and went ahead and FIMMED my remaining plant. Looked so boney compared to its counterparts!! Lol. Pics of the fims!!

PLANT ONE!!!

420-magazine-mobile37364067.jpg

PLANT TWO!!!
This one was cut higher didn't slow one bit!! Think this one was pulled off the best!!

420-magazine-mobile1738676948.jpg

PLANT THREE!!!
This was last nights victim. Tried to duplicate the last plant jus because it didn't slow growth at all!!

420-magazine-mobile387667798.jpg

So after the FIM I also introduced LST to two of my plants. The first two that got fimmed. And everybody kept encouraging me to do it and I see why. Growth just everywhere. Everything is in competition for the light source!!

PLANT ONE!!

420-magazine-mobile1471965311.jpg

420-magazine-mobile407237161.jpg

PLANT TWO!!

420-magazine-mobile1827455976.jpg

420-magazine-mobile440961077.jpg

PLANT THREE!!
No abuse yet!! It is coming but this was the runt and wanted it to get lil taller!!

420-magazine-mobile2012622509.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1133862933.jpg

Well if anyone sees anything that will help me please let me know!! I am still learning and really enjoying this hobby!! I am three and a half weeks since seed pop!! Hopefully in my next update they will show there sex!! I have read that plants in veg normally get to there sexual maturity between week three and six. Does that sound right to everyone? After sex is showed taking clones from females and bloom room we go. Thanks everybody for following and keep em green and keep em healthy. From the grow spot m out!! Oh what is a update without a family pic!!!. . .

420-magazine-mobile475214232.jpg

P.S. I NEED A BETTER CAMERA HOPEFULLY SOON!!! AGAIN THANKS EVERYBODY THAT HAS HELPED ME WITHOUT Y'ALL I WOULDN'T OF MADE IT THIS FAR!!!!!!. . .

The plants are doing awesome pino good job on being able to handle some of the training techniques as your first time. I always say why the hell not? You can learn or know if it'll work unless you try it yourself first. I actually supercropped my first time on all my ladies and found that technique to be great! Anytime a branch is leading the pack, you can just bend it at the height you want and eventually it grows a thick knuckle, more nutrients enter the area and your canopy is even. My big girl in flower actually had tons of super cropping done to it. After I topped the main stem in veg, I bent both branches that grew from that area and created a nice flat canopy, now I got tops on tops. Something to think about anyway!

the girls look healthy and things are progressing as they should, nice work buddy!

I'll have to try Fimming next time, so now it looks like you will have 4 tops from the fim. That's the benefit over topping, you 4 tops with fim as opposed to 2 when topping. Assuming your doing it correctly. I was always worried I wouldn't cut enough or I'd cut too much, but something I'll definitely need to try next time around.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looking good pino, I to use coco you should think about using fabric pots (root pouches) they work like a charm with coco to my experience I did a little test with plastic and fabric and found the plant in fabric ended up 3 times the size than the one in plastic .

Looking good pino, I to use coco you should think about using fabric pots (root pouches) they work like a charm with coco to my experience I did a little test with plastic and fabric and found the plant in fabric ended up 3 times the size than the one in plastic .

True story! Once you switch to fabric pots you'll never use anything else, except maybe rockwool .. I used all 3 techniques on my current grow. 6 inch rockwool cube transplanted into a 5 gallon fabric pot filled with canna coco. Results speak for itself!

regardless though you are on the right track with this grow, I can see you yielding very well

Thanks PW!! Always here to learn!! Super cropping is something I was scared to do!! But hey its great being part of a great community!! Super cropping is the next thing I will try!! When I do it gonna hit u up!! Gonna keep watch of ur monster of a momma!!

Do it ! Will work out for sure. It's pretty much fool proof. Another benefit of super cropping is that once you get that fat knuckle, you are guaranteed more nutrient uptake which means bigger buds AND those knuckles make the branches very sturdy to hold those big buds. You won't need to worry about tying them down

Thanks everybody!! Well what I was gonna do was wait for the plants to show sex. Hopefully soon !! Then the females was gonna get up potted yo three gallon fabric pots and males killed!! I didn't want to up pot then end up with two males!! And Kush m gonna supercrop and when I do gonna look u up for a lil guidance!! Thanks everybody for checking my lil space out and please keep the recommendation s coming!!!

Looks great man, great job! I too only bend/kink my branches. It's pretty easy but just take a little practice not to break.

As for sex, sometimes you get lucky and it shows early, sometimes not. If not, no big deal just take a clone of each and see when you switch to 12/12. Make sure you keep your plants and clones clearly labelled. At the end of the grow you need to know which female was the best smoke and best growth. That will be your one to keepnfor next round. Then you can add a second strain and do it all again :cool:

Hey dandare what size fabric pots are you using? M thinking of going with three gallon. What do you think?

Hi pino I'm using 10 gal I like to veg longer but if you're going to flip once sex shows 3 or 5 should be ok I love using bigger pots but it can be tricker watering until you dial it in has I don't water to run off

Back
Top Bottom