Pj's Perpetual: Take Two

Cool tubes are cheap and they do a good job in a tent as far as removing the heat,, They have the ones that has small reflector that go around them. That wood be my opt.
In my situation, I was limited to venting that hot air back into the same room the tent was in. Eventually the entire room reached 90°+ and the intake air was just as hot as the air going out...if that makes sense!

Is the Timber out of your price range? They have several to cover a 4x4, and I dont think they're too high. The heat from that hps is going to be a nightmare...I used one when I first started growing 5 or so years ago and will never try and wrestle with it again! Even a 315 cmh would outperform one, but the heat would still be there. Just maybe not as much!

Very sorry about your horse! Always such a bummer these things. Truly hope she gets better!

thanks for the well wishes LH, filly is bright and seems happy so that's a positive step in the right direction

the timbers get expensive for me because I am north of the border, so once you add in the exchange rate, shipping and customs, it all adds up to alot more than the lights at the local store... That being said if I'm gonna drop money on a light I want something to last and continue using, which I could with a timber, not so much an hps.

so i am sending Dan an order for a 2vl. It will be plenty sufficient enough to flower out one or two plants with its 2.5'x2' footprint. And in future I can drop it in the veg closet as a veg light when I can afford to upgrade.

should have figured this out months ago
:rolleyes: me and my what ifs.

ill post some updates tonight when I get home and on wifi, i thought i had bugs, but I can't see anything anywhere and no new damage has occurred. But I defoiled everything, less leaves to deal with the better.

oh, and I killed two of the clones, over watered one cause I'm using the one clear one red solo cup for them and left too much water in the bottom. The other dried out too much, I thought she might recover but doesn't look like it. The other two are happy and growing, time to get them uppotted in next few days.

:thanks: for stopping by everyone!

thanks for the well wishes LH, filly is bright and seems happy so that's a positive step in the right direction

the timbers get expensive for me because I am north of the border, so once you add in the exchange rate, shipping and customs, it all adds up to alot more than the lights at the local store... That being said if I'm gonna drop money on a light I want something to last and continue using, which I could with a timber, not so much an hps.

so i am sending Dan an order for a 2vl. It will be plenty sufficient enough to flower out one or two plants with its 2.5'x2' footprint. And in future I can drop it in the veg closet as a veg light when I can afford to upgrade.

ill post some updates tonight when I get home and on wifi, i thought i had bugs, but I can't see anything anywhere and no new damage has occurred. But I defoiled everything, less leaves to deal with the better.

oh, and I killed two of the clones, over watered one cause I'm using the one clear one red solo cup for them and left too much water in the bottom. The other dried out too much, I thought she might recover but doesn't look like it. The other two are happy and growing, time to get them uppotted in next few days.

Ohh thats exciting! You'll be very happy with it im sure of it! What color temp you gonna go with?

Ohh thats exciting! You'll be very happy with it im sure of it! What color temp you gonna go with?

oh I know I will be happy with it! I've wanted timbers from the get go, just dropping coin when there's bills to pay is always tough... But F it. Only live once right? Lol

and im going with 3500k to start, figure its a reasonable veg spectrum as well for future use. I really wanna get a combo of 3000/1750 for flower. Seeing what bobrown does with his trees is inspiring lol

F it is right lol..I've dropped wayy too much coin on my hobby/s. Started with X amount for a budget and nearly doubled it :rofl:. At least its starting to pay off!

3500k is good! Ive got a mix of 3000/3500 only because I couldnt make up my mind.

haha no kidding!! And if I could id spend about another 10gs or more lol more seeds, atleast two more tents, and lights... I really wanna do a comparison between timber cobs, timber qbs, and the spydrx plus @Van Stank and overlord are using.... Not that I care, nor would I do either lights enough justice, but it would be neat to run a side by side of all 3 with cuttings from the same plant etc etc. And see what the outcome was.

and you're using the veros right? Still trying to wrap my head around the difference in the cobs. But veros seem to be the best of the bunch, from my limited knowledge/understanding.

The Blue Dream was about as frosty and so was the Nukehead #1. It sure puts the frost on them!

If we can find a house we like with the room we want, I will be able to put up my 10'x10' tent and I will get a 2nd Spydrx plus and run them on light movers. Won't be the most optimal but should kick some serious ass. I can't afford 4 of them for that space....yet.

I am running the vero's. Actually just got the second one for flower tent hung up just a bit ago! Now they'll have plenty of room to spread their legs :roorrip:
0821182219b_HDR.jpg
0821182219_HDR.jpg

Edit: Those lights only appear different due to reflectors!

The Blue Dream was about as frosty and so was the Nukehead #1. It sure puts the frost on them!

If we can find a house we like with the room we want, I will be able to put up my 10'x10' tent and I will get a 2nd Spydrx plus and run them on light movers. Won't be the most optimal but should kick some serious ass. I can't afford 4 of them for that space....yet.

it is a frost machine! I think the part that impressed me the most though, was the stankberry growing almost in to it and no signs of stress that I could see.

sounds like you're going to need an entire basement! Lol arent most rooms 10x10?! I know when I was looking at them they offered discounts' on bulk purchase, the price tag is still hefty. Who knows, with the beauties you're turning out, it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to sponsor your grows.

@LaquerHead that tent is looking killer! So that's the 2VL on the left then... Sweet, can't wait now! Gonna be the longest couple of weeks till it gets here.

didn't get around to posting pics last night, we were having torrential downpours and tornado warnings so I was securing the farm to make sure doors and windows dodnt blow off their hinges... Tonight ill get to it I swear lol

Gonna grab a seat if that kool.
Im a very religious man sending prayers and well wishes from the kiefers.
Seems not very many people are the more people I meet throughout life . Glad to see someone else other than myself is. Dont want to cause a riot so I'll leave it at that. :Namaste:

@Dusty Kiefers thanks for coming by! I appreciate the thought and prayers.

I think graytail said it best the other day in a post, it comes down to one word, faith. Perhaps we dont have faith in the exact same belief system, but we all share our faith and I have the utmost respect for others. I'm always open minded to hearing what someone has to say, you never know when something might make you think.

I have faith everything will work out in the end as its meant to be. That being said I have the worst luck in the world. Don't get me wrong, I'm very lucky, roof over my head, good job, food on my table.... But the bills pile up, especially when people back out of leases and horses go to the vet hospital. It's just been one of those years that I will be happy to see in the rear view mirror.

there's a possibility of a new farm for us come October, not getting hopes up, But we would be able to keep all the horses in one place instead of separated between two. Meaning I had to reconsider my spending, between vet bills and possible first/last... So i still haven't ordered my @TimberGrowLights but it is in the works and I should have it ordered by the end of this week.

that doesn't stop the plants from growing though so lets get everyone updated! I did forget to take a bunch of pictures cause I was stoned and rocking out lol.

first up! Clone cupboard. Up potted both clones into bigger pots, one smaller one larger, cause its what I had. Both got two tablespoons of glacial rock dust, kelp meal, alfalfa meal. I'll probably top them once they are settled in their new home, they are aggressive, very aggressive growers.

WP_20180901_22_55_59_Pro.jpg

WP_20180901_22_56_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20180901_23_52_45_Pro.jpg

the one in the middle is barely hanging on, but ill give it a chance as long as i see new green lol.

second, we have the closet, I killed off two of the plants, but kept 4 of the lavenderxp75. Two in 5 gallon buckets, topped up with 2handfuls of ewc, two tablespoons of glacial rock dust, kelp meal, alfalfa meal. They were getting light green and needed it. Especially since they won't be getting flipped for another two months or more. The other two will be the third round to flip in about 4 months time, maybe longer.
WP_20180902_23_42_29_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20180902_23_42_16_Pro.jpg

WP_20180902_23_42_46_Pro.jpg

group shot!

last but not least, the killer queen. Who is stinky... And I got the 4x4 setup, the wife kinda freaked out lol, it takes up most of the bedroom... I'm hoping I can keep it up for now and then get a smaller tent in future for flowering one plant at a time, maybe 2. Anyways, She didn't get anything extra for food, I have jimmy rigged a two cfl bulb light and flipped her to 12/12, I need to get the ball rolling. I super cropped most of the leaders in hopes of saving some height through the stretch. I'm going to pick up fish bone meal 5-20-0 to give her a much needed boost in about a week, maybe two. She is stinky and gonna be beautiful. Especially once there's a timber shining down on her. Before---
WP_20180902_23_49_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20180902_23_49_42_Pro.jpg

After supercrop
WP_20180902_23_52_37_Pro.jpg

my half assed light... Now I'm thinking I should have put the T5 in here for now and hang the cfl in the closet... Tomorrows project lol there is a standing fan in there for airflow, interested to see how the temps go
WP_20180903_00_00_36_Pro.jpg

thank you all for stopping by! Time to start getting caught up in all of your journals... Again... It's a part time job lol but i love it!

Subbed. looks like lots going on...

What strains mate?

ok so life is always interesting. First the tent is ok to put up, then the tents too big for the room, and now shes having trouble sleeping with all the fans going :rolleyes: i just cant win this year.

so back to the drawing board again... And revisiting my initial idea of seperating the closet into two tiers, bottom for veg, top for flower.

i built a steel frame to sit inside the closet, with intentions to put plywood on top, seal all around the edges. and i built it maybe a sixteenth too wide for fucks sakes, tried to squeeze it in when i got home at 1030pm, pretty sure i can make it fit with some hammer persuasion, but frig. o_O 2018 aint been my year.

ill post some pics once i make some headway, going to have about 2ft on bottom for veg and about 6ft of room for flower minus lights and filters etc....

Whats the best way to cut a hole in a ceiling? Im going to run ducting up into the attic and probably put the fan up there, suspended with bungies from the rafters to reduce noise... Just gotta hope the neighbors cant hear it... Should i tie the ducting into my drier vent? Or just vent it into the attic... Being in canada i worry about melting snow off the roof... Oh wait it will be legal by then lol still dont need the neighbourhood knowing though.

also i am seeing some funkyness on my big lst clones, just wondering if this is a deficiency or if i over did it when i top dressed.
WP_20180911_23_23_02_Pro.jpg
WP_20180911_23_23_49_Pro.jpg
WP_20180911_23_22_56_Pro.jpg

and killer queen in the tent, not sure how im gonna squish her back in the closet... But ill tprture the shit out of her and see how she takes it, these were from a few days ago there is some weird leaf curl going on with her too, but im not overly concerned.

WP_20180905_04_10_56_Pro.jpg
WP_20180905_04_11_04_Pro.jpg

thanks for stopping by!

What strains mate?

shark shock. Had my eyes on it for years, ever since i got a quarter pound off my buddy in BC, and that was all i could get. It smelled like coffee and spice and was one of the tastiest strains ive had to date.

then black widow, mango haze, g13skunk, and medicine man. That would be my top 5 MNS gear to run. But i want to try everything lol

You forgot to poke a hole in the bottom of the cups..... ;)

Back
Top Bottom