Pj's Perpetual: Take Two

Your plants look nice and green Pj. The only thing that I would suggest is using fabric pots. These plants seem to love that wet/dry cycle and the more often you can repeat it, the better.

thanks retrix! I had intended to get some fabric pots for flower but Right now the plants are growing faster than i anticipated so that will have to be a future endeavour.

Looking great again!

thanks crazy!

Hope ya don't mind iffin I come take a peek every now and then..... GL

thanks woody! Welcome by anytime!

Love my spydrx plus! She's on pace to get me about a 1.3 gram per watt yield on her maiden grow. My previous grows with other lights got me about .7 gpw. If two of the plants had been different strains, that number would have been higher.
Very nice stank.... 1.3 is killing it

that is killing it for sure! That will be the light... Unfortunately two things have occurred which is pushing the purchase back further.

One, our expensive filly at another farm got hurt, long story, i showed up tonight and the lady went against vets advice and pulled the drain out of the wound. Praying it isnt infected. im pissed, more vet bills. explicit language outburst

two, killer queen has grown legs, good 8inches above the rest, i didnt want to tie them down, but i might have too..

Im going to go look at the price of a 600w hps for the 4x4. If nothing else it will get the job done, and when i can afford it ill upgrade again. and have a baseline to grow off of in terms of yield performance.

Sigh. It never ends. Pics to follow.

Hope everyone is doing well, pass it around ,

:passitleft:

still kicking over here, been busy dealing with our injured filly... Not fucking good. I am so heartbroken, in non horse speak, she broke her knee, she will never be ridden and possibility she will have to be put down. 2.5yrs and 15-20gs down the drain... Only saving grace is she might be broodmare sound, but only if surgery is successful. Waiting on a number for that. Fml. One persons negligence just ruined our fillys future.

thanks for letting me rant, sorry you all have to listen...

In the cannabis closet things are still growing. You can easily pick out the killer queens. Head and shoulders above the others

Rant on brother....It might help. Other than that...it's pretty sad. I hate to hear about stuff like this.
Sorry to hear about your horse brother. Hoping for the best possible outcome for you all (including the horse). Here.....enjoy some of this! :passitleft:

:passitleft:thanks van and jim.. Ill pass it back around... Been smoking like a chimney anyways lol

still awaiting word from surgeon, they wont touch her till the flesh wound heals anyways. Everyone we ask hasnt got a clue what the outcome might be.

The run in shelter they had was missing about 2' of boards from ground up("repairing it was on the to do list"), filly rolled underneath and panicked. Farm owner has been a pain in the ass, wanted to turn her back out the day it happened, thank god the vets told her to eff off, found the break a week later after swelling etc subsided... Then on sunday in 40degree celsius+ Humidity, both our fillies were in stalls in riding arena, drenched in sweat, looked like someone had dumped buckets of water on them. Farm owner didnt want to open arena windows/doors too far because the airflow would dry out the arena footing she just paid to have oiled.... glad to know your facility is more important than the animals we are paying you to care for.

we never should have moved them, but we had no choice, only allowed so many on our leased farm, and we have a client waiting list still. Which is a good thing, but also cost us dearly.

ah well hindsight is 20/20 and we cant change what happened. Just fuckin sucks. She turns one year old literally one month from today. so bummed. She was literally the future of our business/success.. Our only hope at this point is to wait, pray (not that i am in any way religious), and love and care for her.

Regardless of vet opinion, i am going to give her the benefit of the doubt and as long as she looks happy and is Eating, she will stay on stall rest and have monthly xrays taken to see what is going on... The body is an amazing thing and with any luck she will heal up enough to be able to carry babies, and at least i hope she will be a pasture orname.t to love and dote upon.

side bar - anyone with links to some good topical recipes or anything for wounds/reducing swelling inflammation etc can you please post them or pm them to me... Im going to try some out on her leg, may the power of mary jane help heal my little girl
:adore:

We use Magnus' recipe. I will see if Ms Stank has a bookmark on it. She makes the topicals so I don't really get too involved in it. I will say her topicals work wonders on my back when smoking or my oil caps won't give me the relief.

I'm still alive and kicking as are most of the ladies.... My double headed killer queen decided to throw out some balls, so he went in the trash, not sure if it was stress from letting it dry out/wilt too many times or if it was just a boy.... Either way its gone.

everything else is just chugging along, havent had time to setup the 4x4 and have no money right now as its all going to vet bills :rolleyes:

hoping I get my holiday pay this week or next and splurge on a light... The 5gal pails are ready to be flipped, they will get trimmed up before moving.

on the remaining leggy killer queen, she got trimmed up, 4clones taken, and super cropped as she was getting unruly and growing into the lights.

I will get some better pics but here's a few to tide you over in the meantime, hope all is well with everyone.

last pic is our filly's broken patella... Have been discussing with surgeons' to remove the chip and flip the patella over... But surgery leads to complications etc. What to do what to do what to do.... Life cant be easy, can it?
WP_20180722_18_46_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20180722_18_13_36_Pro.jpg
WP_20180722_18_35_18_Pro.jpg
IMG_4962.jpg

Broken knee cap. Shit. Not good brother. don't they have replacements for horses these days?? Prolly only option I wood think but complete novice here. I know what a knee cap in the wrong place feels like. Man she must be in pain.

Do they have slings for horses. Hang her up off her feet, let her heal. Big crack tho needs to be fixed/replaced.

Jesus brother good luck with whatever you do your your philly. You're in Canada so thinking Ontario from your description of the weather. We were up for a few weeks with no AC. Ouch.

Comfrey Salve - should find a local healer that makes it. cover that joint with it and wrap it up and don't let her run. She will loose the pain. But ain't fixing the knee, will help but takes time.

We make it but it takes 6 weeks and we are out now. In the middle of the process. It's what was used before modern medicine for broken bones. There are other traditional treatments. Comfrey, one of the best.

Many blessings to your gal. :Namaste:

Not religious, but some times a little spirit help is always welcome. Look to love, the answers may follow. I will pray for you. One love.

thanks for the prayers guys! It means a lot, it has been a stressful month to say the least.

semi detached myself from her emotionally as the outcome could still be a needle, but fingers crossed, she seems to be maintaining her personality and her weight, while on skinny side, is still healthy. She is using the leg more often now too, which could be good or bad. But I take it as a sign of healing, like our wonderful plants, it amazes me how easily animals adapt and overcome injuries and set backs.

comfrey salve. Got it. Thank you, yes anything traditional is best, trying to avoid surgery. Believe it or not. This is an uncommon bone for horses to break and no one is sure what the outcome is going to be, we are kind of like guinea pigs. thankfully we have an incredible team of vets, and they are taking it day by day. So anything I can do to remove the inflammation and swelling around the joint so it can heal properly is great... That little bone is just held in place by tendons and ligaments, too fragile for screws, in dogs they remove chips and flip the patella, so thats an option, but there's always complications after surgeries'.

anyways I could ramble all day about it, cause there's nothing I can do about it and that's probably the most frustrating. Patience is tough.

yes, Ontario. The heat and humidity has been gnarly this year... Shop I work in has no ac amd no airflow so it can be rough, especially when i need to use the welder lol great coming home to the house at 72 lol only problem is I don't wanna go back outside with the dogs after I get in lol

on a cannabis related note, I watered everything this morning. Killer queen supercropped and grew up into the bloody lights again already, so I have to get a light with this weeks paycheque or the tent is going to be too damn short. There's a solid foot between kq top and the lavenders tops, so some blocks will be in order. The clones seem to be alive still, havent checked for roots but i think this kq pheno is aggressive and clones easily. Time will tell.

the next few pics are my veggie gardens, and the home to my summer 2019 grow. Been working the beds for two years anticipating legalization and homegrown opportunities, it will just be autos for 2019 so they grow along side the veggies and harvested while veggies are blooming. 2020, provided all the legalization stuff stays, will be summer of the photos... I'll probably just plant one in the 4'x8' garden and start training, the soil is kick ass. The tomatoes are 8' tall and its august 1 this week, gonna be crazy. And cucumbers are going bonkers this year too.

WP_20180725_20_00_39_Pro.jpg
peppers, cucumbers, squash, lettuce
WP_20180725_20_58_55_Pro.jpg
cucumbers, peppers, lettuce
WP_20180725_20_29_35_Pro.jpg
tomatoes, the tops of the steel stakes are 118"from the ground. In the heavy winds and rain they got beat up, so I had to innovate some extra stakes so I could tie everything up and keep the air flowing so I didn't get any mouldy tomatoes. Looking like a great year so far though!

thanks for stopping by... Sorry for the novel lol

I'm sorry about the filly PJ. I just hate it when animals suffer. I hope it will be okay.

thanks retrix! I don't want to get my hopes up just yet, but she is in good spirits, she demolished half a bag of carrots when I went to see her last night lol when it comes to horses, if they are eating and drinking they are quite alright... It's when they don't want food that something is usually wrong. Horses cant regurgitate so when they get an upset tummy it leads to colic, which is basically their intestines flipping. And that will kill them if you don't catch it soon enough.

on to the cannabis, here's a few pics of the closet, nothing exciting right now, need to get in, do some defol and training on the lavenders, want an even canopy before flower... The KQ is getting unruly and stinky, I'm excited to flower her.

Clones have survived my tortorous treatment too, actually let the cups go bone dry and they are still green as can be :eek:

hopefully the excitement will pick up over the next week or two and we won't be just vegging anymore .

picture time!

WP_20180731_04_13_36_Pro.jpg
above the two in the back are my trained clones of the lavender75 topped, they need a major hair cut .... In front right is a lavender 75 I have to identify, front left hidden is the lavender 75 untopped mother ive kept in her solo cup.

WP_20180731_04_13_46_Pro.jpg
I'm gonna put a measuring tape on the wall... Killer Queen on the left

WP_20180731_04_13_53_Pro.jpg
super cropped killer queen... Growing into the lights... Again... She stinks though, in a delicious way. when I uppotted her last week I threw in a cup of glacial rock dust, cup of alfalfa meal, and a cup of kelp meal. Then topped dressed with earthworm castings. Mixed up with the potting soil I posted earlier in the journal, sourcing the gaia green living soil, I didn't have time this year.

WP_20180731_04_14_04_Pro.jpg
two more lavender75 clones.

thanks for stopping by!

thanks retrix! I don't want to get my hopes up just yet, but she is in good spirits, she demolished half a bag of carrots when I went to see her last night lol when it comes to horses, if they are eating and drinking they are quite alright... It's when they don't want food that something is usually wrong. Horses cant regurgitate so when they get an upset tummy it leads to colic, which is basically their intestines flipping. And that will kill them if you don't catch it soon enough.

on to the cannabis, here's a few pics of the closet, nothing exciting right now, need to get in, do some defol and training on the lavenders, want an even canopy before flower... The KQ is getting unruly and stinky, I'm excited to flower her.

Clones have survived my tortorous treatment too, actually let the cups go bone dry and they are still green as can be :eek:

hopefully the excitement will pick up over the next week or two and we won't be just vegging anymore .

picture time!

WP_20180731_04_13_36_Pro.jpg
above the two in the back are my trained clones of the lavender75 topped, they need a major hair cut .... In front right is a lavender 75 I have to identify, front left hidden is the lavender 75 untopped mother ive kept in her solo cup.

WP_20180731_04_13_46_Pro.jpg
I'm gonna put a measuring tape on the wall... Killer Queen on the left

WP_20180731_04_13_53_Pro.jpg
super cropped killer queen... Growing into the lights... Again... She stinks though, in a delicious way. when I uppotted her last week I threw in a cup of glacial rock dust, cup of alfalfa meal, and a cup of kelp meal. Then topped dressed with earthworm castings. Mixed up with the potting soil I posted earlier in the journal, sourcing the gaia green living soil, I didn't have time this year.

WP_20180731_04_14_04_Pro.jpg
two more lavender75 clones.

thanks for stopping by!

Wow the killer Queen actually looks like a tree.

thanks for the prayers guys! It means a lot, it has been a stressful month to say the least.

semi detached myself from her emotionally as the outcome could still be a needle, but fingers crossed, she seems to be maintaining her personality and her weight, while on skinny side, is still healthy. She is using the leg more often now too, which could be good or bad. But I take it as a sign of healing, like our wonderful plants, it amazes me how easily animals adapt and overcome injuries and set backs.

comfrey salve. Got it. Thank you, yes anything traditional is best, trying to avoid surgery. Believe it or not. This is an uncommon bone for horses to break and no one is sure what the outcome is going to be, we are kind of like guinea pigs. thankfully we have an incredible team of vets, and they are taking it day by day. So anything I can do to remove the inflammation and swelling around the joint so it can heal properly is great... That little bone is just held in place by tendons and ligaments, too fragile for screws, in dogs they remove chips and flip the patella, so thats an option, but there's always complications after surgeries'.

anyways I could ramble all day about it, cause there's nothing I can do about it and that's probably the most frustrating. Patience is tough.

yes, Ontario. The heat and humidity has been gnarly this year... Shop I work in has no ac amd no airflow so it can be rough, especially when i need to use the welder lol great coming home to the house at 72 lol only problem is I don't wanna go back outside with the dogs after I get in lol

on a cannabis related note, I watered everything this morning. Killer queen supercropped and grew up into the bloody lights again already, so I have to get a light with this weeks paycheque or the tent is going to be too damn short. There's a solid foot between kq top and the lavenders tops, so some blocks will be in order. The clones seem to be alive still, havent checked for roots but i think this kq pheno is aggressive and clones easily. Time will tell.

the next few pics are my veggie gardens, and the home to my summer 2019 grow. Been working the beds for two years anticipating legalization and homegrown opportunities, it will just be autos for 2019 so they grow along side the veggies and harvested while veggies are blooming. 2020, provided all the legalization stuff stays, will be summer of the photos... I'll probably just plant one in the 4'x8' garden and start training, the soil is kick ass. The tomatoes are 8' tall and its august 1 this week, gonna be crazy. And cucumbers are going bonkers this year too.

WP_20180725_20_00_39_Pro.jpg
peppers, cucumbers, squash, lettuce
WP_20180725_20_58_55_Pro.jpg
cucumbers, peppers, lettuce
WP_20180725_20_29_35_Pro.jpg
tomatoes, the tops of the steel stakes are 118"from the ground. In the heavy winds and rain they got beat up, so I had to innovate some extra stakes so I could tie everything up and keep the air flowing so I didn't get any mouldy tomatoes. Looking like a great year so far though!

thanks for stopping by... Sorry for the novel lol

I have not found an efficient way to stake my tomato plants yet. they always get way too long and unruly and then end up looking like a damn jungle. I had a few tomatoes fall of the plants 2 years ago, and now every year I have 100 tomato plants that pop up on their own in the garden. Free tomatoes every year. LOL

Subbing for this one. Perpetual grows are very interesting.

thanks for coming by! Hopefully things will really start to kick off in the next week or two.

I have not found an efficient way to stake my tomato plants yet. they always get way too long and unruly and then end up looking like a damn jungle. I had a few tomatoes fall of the plants 2 years ago, and now every year I have 100 tomato plants that pop up on their own in the garden. Free tomatoes every year. LOL

i can get behind free tomatoes every year lol maybe i shall bury some this fall and see what happens lol

ya that's why I'm using 10ft steel stakes and its still doing nothing... Two tomatoes filled a 4x4' space and 8' tall... Yellow pear and a Juliet, these are for munching/salads.... Off to the right of these in the rest of the 4x4 space are 3 Heinz tomatoes, which are for sauces and such. They are more manageable and bushy, but I have to keep thinking them out so they get enough airflow through.

I think next summer I will plant the tomatoes in 45-65 gallon bags, use tomato cages and then extra stakes and some large holed fencing around the outside of the bag to train them out around, use the beds for snow peas, beans etc with my cannabis haha

@Norcaliwood great tune mate! Had a question for you, gonna be running a 600w hps in my tent, cheapest option for me at this point to get the ball rolling. Would you suggest an air cooled hood or a cool tube?

Is the Timber out of your price range? They have several to cover a 4x4, and I dont think they're too high. The heat from that hps is going to be a nightmare...I used one when I first started growing 5 or so years ago and will never try and wrestle with it again! Even a 315 cmh would outperform one, but the heat would still be there. Just maybe not as much!

Very sorry about your horse! Always such a bummer these things. Truly hope she gets better!

Cool tubes are cheap and they do a good job in a tent as far as removing the heat,, They have the ones that has small reflector that go around them. That wood be my opt.

Back
Top Bottom