Pj's Perpetual: Take Two

Your friends AND your old man were prolly married with kids! Just sayin.

There's always more than 1 path to take. Sometimes its good to try a few different ones that we never went down before. Having children was a life changing experience for me for the better for sure. They grow up and move away and now I miss all those times we spent together. Even when they were stealing and smoking my weed in HS. At least they leaned how NOT to get caught. A valuable lesson back in the day.

A lady that doesn't like flowers... prolly a bad sign. Choose your mate wisely and the problems will be minimal if any.

My current wife never grew much of anything, lived in an apartment when I met her. We moved into our home and I grew her a few flowers the first spring we were there. It was like a reunion with her and our spade. She took to it like she's done it all her life. My wife actually got me back growing cannabis. Handed me some seeds I kept from a GREAT bag of weed.

"I think its time you grow these."

Ding, she's a keeper.

Now I help her outside big time in the gardens and she does all the design and hard work. I supply the compost and soil amendments and make her raised beds for her flowers. She kicks ass and my ass if I ever stepped out of line.

Better to be held tightly than punched in face.

Should have taught that to my son. He's married to a fire cracker. A church going tea totaler fire cracker. Ouch. I did teach him where and how to drink beer... garage is man cave, beer and smoking is allowed, no rules no exceptions and girls welcome, but drama free zone.

Great looking buds brother, congrats. I remember growing my first plant and there was always this thought that nawww, there's gotta be some special dance or magic needed to make it work. Then a puff or two later... all my fears were floating away on the exhale. Nice to have near total control over your supply. :thumb:

Your friends AND your old man were prolly married with kids! Just sayin.

There's always more than 1 path to take. Sometimes its good to try a few different ones that we never went down before. Having children was a life changing experience for me for the better for sure. They grow up and move away and now I miss all those times we spent together. Even when they were stealing and smoking my weed in HS. At least they leaned how NOT to get caught. A valuable lesson back in the day.

A lady that doesn't like flowers... prolly a bad sign. Choose your mate wisely and the problems will be minimal if any.

My current wife never grew much of anything, lived in an apartment when I met her. We moved into our home and I grew her a few flowers the first spring we were there. It was like a reunion with her and our spade. She took to it like she's done it all her life. My wife actually got me back growing cannabis. Handed me some seeds I kept from a GREAT bag of weed.

"I think its time you grow these."

Ding, she's a keeper.

Now I help her outside big time in the gardens and she does all the design and hard work. I supply the compost and soil amendments and make her raised beds for her flowers. She kicks ass and my ass if I ever stepped out of line.

Better to be held tightly than punched in face.

Should have taught that to my son. He's married to a fire cracker. A church going tea totaler fire cracker. Ouch. I did teach him where and how to drink beer... garage is man cave, beer and smoking is allowed, no rules no exceptions and girls welcome, but drama free zone.

I am looking forward to having kids in the near future (3-5years lol)... I just worry about the world they will be growing up into... Out of my control, but cant help wondering where its headed and what will they have to look forward too... Jobs are disappearing, education is in the toilets, etc etc.... That's why I am aiming for a farm in the middle of buttfvck no where. Raise them like real kids, outside, getting messy, into trouble, and working hard on chores to earn an allowance.... Not spoiled rotten, inside on video games 24/7 that were purchased to keep them from being whiney, with no understanding of responsibilities.... Like some of the kids I know...

ya finding the right woman is key to a happy life... Always been open and honest with them about my habit/passion for everything 420 related, some it drove far away, others were open to it... Current lady has been with me 6-7years, been through hell and back together, hard to find one like her... Gotta start looking for a ring. She's been bugging and i don't think she will wait forever lol... Rings dont mean a thing to me, don't quite get how a fancy little thing you can lose, means and costs so much! I'm committed, loyal, and hardworking, but I'm not so good with the emotional/affectionate side of things... In my eyes we are building a future together, work our asses off now so we can enjoy the future we want together... Doesn't leave a whole lot of time for the rest of it. Need to find that balance van mentioned.

Great looking buds brother, congrats. I remember growing my first plant and there was always this thought that nawww, there's gotta be some special dance or magic needed to make it work. Then a puff or two later... all my fears were floating away on the exhale. Nice to have near total control over your supply. :thumb:

thanks carestaker! Kind words from all of you mean alot, since ive been creeping on everyones grows for a long time! Nice to feel part of the family haha lots i intend to do to make improvements, hopefully bump up the yields.

my jars have just been sitting in my cupboard curing, have been smoking the stuff I get for others. New age shit... They text you a list of available strains and their corresponding prices, text them back your order and it's delivered the same day.... Only thing I have found is that I can smoke an entire joint, be baked for 30mins and need to smoke another. makes it expensive.. But I have never had properly cured bud, at least in my opinion, despite moving xx-lbs a week back in the day.... Usually they harvested,let it dry for a week or two and they were handing it to me on my way out the door. So for now they will continue to cure.

have to make some moves and come up witha plan, lanky killer queen has grown into the roof and is lst ing itself... Considering putting her in with the clones, my gut is telling me its a boy just from how lanky it has grown... Pic updates to come when I get home tonight.

hope you are all having great days! Thanks for dropping by!

Don't let a good one get away. They are impossible to find!

Yeah that ^^^ Stank speaks much wisdom. I let a good one go after 20 years. She was a pain in my ass from the day we started dating. We are still great friends. I got "If you ever touch me again, I'll cut your dick off" after the 2nd child was born. That was the sign.

New wife much better, keeps getting better we are @ 16 years ..... not letting this one go.

When she says "jump" I'm with "how High?"

So if your little lady wants a nice ring, get it. It's not what "you" think that matters. These "things" are symbols of your commitment to a life together. Thankfully my 2nd wife thinks that a marriage certificate was a good enough commitment. She told me marry me ... So I did. :D

Our relationship has only grown and gotten much much better. :Namaste:

I think it somehow made her feel more "connected" and gave her stability and she was able to focus on the next challenge. I wasn't that "challenge" that she always worried about. NOW "I love you" is enough to make her smile, look me in the eye and hug me and kiss me. Before I was getting that "not sure if serious" look. Kinda like a cold shoulder moment. Try to avoid.

I think these times when we think stuff is a waste of resources, its more of a challenge on a non-material level. Women are complex. Must not overthink (talking to self).

G/L with women in your life... green ones included.

I truly appreciate the advise/ wisdom of experience!.... It's like you've taken the discussions we've been having and made them make sense in my head, cause i couldnt wrap my head around the need for a ring... Isn't a house, career, animals enough?!?! Lol... but when you mention words like "connected" and "stability" the puzzles pieces slowly fit themselves into place... Now it is up to me to act upon them!

Cause she is one heck of a lady.... you might be asking yourself why.... And the answer is

I GET TO SETUP MY 4X4! *starts singing and dancing*
:cheer::cheer::yahoo::yahoo::slide::high-five:

I was rather stoked when this came up in our conversation... Not entirely sure where it came from either..... I roll her joints... so I have been testing her, using some of mine... Some of the other stuff a few times in a row... Then Some of mine again....

Well she has figured out when its mine cause it is just that much better, and as I said to her it could be even better if I had a better light and more room to work with.... Well that's about all she needed to hear, she would rather I grow my own than continue purchasing garbage. Can't say I haven't told her so from the start, but sometimes you have to see it to believe it.

here comes my logistical/financial dilemma's that I would appreciate comments/thoughts/opinions upon.

do I use the 4x4 for veg or flower?

option one - t5 for veg in the 2x4 closet. for flower, if I want to go with the appropriate sized Timber fatty for 4x4, its going to run me about 1200cad, bit of a stretch for the bank account at the moment, but it's not impossible to manage in a month-ish. Will be extremely tight, but manageable... I think

option two - use the 4x4 for veg as it fits my t5, gives me lots more room to train them, grow them bigger, and hopefully start going through more genetics as I will still have the seedling cupboard to start them for the first 30ish days of their life. For flower i would use the 2x4 and somehow try to scrounge up the 750ish-cad I would need to get a timber 3VL into my closet in a week or two.

option 3 - throw up tent, get a 600w hps kit with air cooled hood roughly 300cad, already have fan+filter I can hook up, and put another 2,3,4 runs under my belt while i save for the timbers so it isn't such a stretch financially.

I dunno what to do, I have always been a go big or go home type of guy... If you're going to buy something might as well be what you want...

HELP!:adore:

this is what things look like, everything's popped back up, the killer queen is the tall lanky one, I think it's going to be a boy. The other killer queen is still in the seed cupboard, but ill move it under the t5 tonight.

:thanks::circle-of-love:

Id use the 4x4 for flower.... and maybe look into a veg tent later;). I hear ya about the cash flow... I'm broke AF here... my local shop keeps showing me the 320 ceramic MH.... I was impressed how little heat came from it...

Id use the 4x4 for flower.... and maybe look into a veg tent later;). I hear ya about the cash flow... I'm broke AF here... my local shop keeps showing me the 320 ceramic MH.... I was impressed how little heat came from it...

thanks iti! I completely forgot about cmh... Roughly the same price as hps.... I'm going to look into them today... I dont think I can swallow the cost of the timber and pay all the other never ending bills right this moment, gotta keep the lights on or whats the point in buying a new light lol

ya if I already had a flowering light I wouldn't consider spending money on another... Hence my dilemma, cause if I buy an hps or a cmh, ill probably use it until I need to replace the bulb... Then go buy timbers.... I've been stuck on timbers for a long time from lurking here, can't seem to get away from them.

that being said, I watched @FeralA9X kill it with his cmh down under... So im thinking it will be the most comparable to a timber setup, and yet still half the price roughly... I think a single 315w cmh will do a 4x4... I never even thought to look... Crap

thanks iti! I completely forgot about cmh... Roughly the same price as hps.... I'm going to look into them today... I dont think I can swallow the cost of the timber and pay all the other never ending bills right this moment, gotta keep the lights on or whats the point in buying a new light lol
Only advice I will offer on this is make your purchases with upgrades in mind. What I mean by that is if you know you can't go top of the line for lighting...But if you are buying a light for flower for now, buy one that you can use in veg after you upgrade in the future.

I've been stuck on timbers for a long time from lurking here, can't seem to get away from them.
I had some special considerations when I chose Timber.

Heat was the primary element but I also had plant height differences to deal with. Timber solved my problem and I could move this to the 3 x 3 as my primary light for the clones/mothers.
full

By the way you put it - it sounds like you'll end up with the Timbers. Might as well get them now. ;) I run both LED and HPS, and if I had to pick, I'd go with the Timbers out of the gate. Crees are better on paper, and driven softer/lower, but the Veros are better driven harder, and prob better value. If you have to start smaller and work up, you could get a 300-400w that will do 2-3 plants and then get another to fill out a 4x4 area. I'd aim for 600-800w of LED in a 4x4, more if you're under-driving for efficiencies. Good luck with whatever you decide. :Namaste:

@Van Stank @Itibitiguy @MagicJim - thanks for your insights! They got me thinking.... Then @CareStaker helped finish off the thought process last night. So thank you all!

i will use the 4x4 for flower and i am going to grab the 3vl from timber when i can afford it over the next week or two. 2 3000k on the outsides and a 1750 in the middle. When money allows for it, i will upgrade the 4x4 to the redwood vs (although i have been looking at the spyderx plus van is using, that thing is a beast!)... Have to talk to Dan at timber more, but when i get the redwood ill buy it with some veg 4000k cobs to swap and put on the 3vl into the 2x4 closet to replace the t5, even though i love it and it has yet to give me a male plant.

short term plan -
2x4 closest with T5 for veg
4x4 tent with a timber 3VL for flower 2-3plants at a time.

long term plan -
2x4 closet with timber 3VL 4000k
4x4 tent with timber redwood VS 4x 3000k and 2x 1750k

so in anticipation of the big moves coming, i crammed everything into the veg closet. Left everything without water one day too long, but they had all perked back up this morning... Ahh i love this plant, they are hardy as hell! More training and defoil to happen tonight, so ill get pics of that... In the meantime, here is how things are looking! Sorry for crappy picture quality, im still figuring it out!

:thanks::passitleft:

By the way you put it - it sounds like you'll end up with the Timbers. Might as well get them now. ;) I run both LED and HPS, and if I had to pick, I'd go with the Timbers out of the gate. Crees are better on paper, and driven softer/lower, but the Veros are better driven harder, and prob better value. If you have to start smaller and work up, you could get a 300-400w that will do 2-3 plants and then get another to fill out a 4x4 area. I'd aim for 600-800w of LED in a 4x4, more if you're under-driving for efficiencies. Good luck with whatever you decide. :Namaste:

This ^^^

Timber you can get away with 600w in a 4x4 no problem. I run that basically but have a larger space and more wattage but it all works out the same. I use the Vero 29 chips. They grow monsters.

I have a few friends that I grow for so that helps with the budget for lighting. I told myself a while back when I started growing more plants. If it doesn't pay for itself then I cut back on lights and plants.

With the Timbers I can maintain and do OK pay the bills and buy seeds. So that's how I do it. It took an initial outlay money wise but its been a good investment.

If I was in your shoes I'd likely go CMH and save. The cheaper LEDs just end up being a waste of money down the road when you upgrade. I have some expensive LED lamps that I don't use. I'm trying to get a local friend to take them off my hands. I use Timbers in VEG and FLOWER. They are great.

Like Woody says. "I wish I had a good weed connection like me when I was younger".
I hated chasing people around for weed. Man that was frustrating. Probably one of the main reasons I'm here now. My wife said to me, "why don't you just grow your own?" Ding ... she's a keeper.

Oh wow. All the regulars are 10 bowls of poofs deep and here I am just showing up. Apologies for the tardiness.

At least I brought my own herb, and enough to share.

:passitleft:

:passitleft: thanks for coming by urban! I have been a little lax on my updates, things are just vegging along and ive been out cruising the journals, looking at lighting, trying to determine my best course of action, without regretting my purchase down the road... So if you have any insight to the best light for a 4x4 flowering tent, it would be appreciated!

i will get an update done later today... Its the whole uploading to the gallery first the drives me bonkers, i miss being able to upload straight to my post... Im just griping cause i can lol

hope everyones having a great green day!

This ^^^

Timber you can get away with 600w in a 4x4 no problem. I run that basically but have a larger space and more wattage but it all works out the same. I use the Vero 29 chips. They grow monsters.

I have a few friends that I grow for so that helps with the budget for lighting. I told myself a while back when I started growing more plants. If it doesn't pay for itself then I cut back on lights and plants.

With the Timbers I can maintain and do OK pay the bills and buy seeds. So that's how I do it. It took an initial outlay money wise but its been a good investment.

If I was in your shoes I'd likely go CMH and save. The cheaper LEDs just end up being a waste of money down the road when you upgrade. I have some expensive LED lamps that I don't use. I'm trying to get a local friend to take them off my hands. I use Timbers in VEG and FLOWER. They are great.

Like Woody says. "I wish I had a good weed connection like me when I was younger".
I hated chasing people around for weed. Man that was frustrating. Probably one of the main reasons I'm here now. My wife said to me, "why don't you just grow your own?" Ding ... she's a keeper.

unfortunately, i think you are right bb, cmh is looking like the best bang for my buck.

I should have jumped on the timbers when our exchange rates were on par and i actually had some money in the bank account lol

its not that i am not willing to invest in timbers, i just cant invest in them right now... So my next best option is the cmh.

i have found a money making niche in our area though. I built a couple of hay feeders out of steel from work 2 years ago.. Worked great but i made them for largr squares, our hay guy switched to rounds... So they were sitting in the weather, wife was tired of looking at them, threw them online for sale and holy moly, they were gone in 20 mins with other people wanting custom ones.... Pretty stoked about that... Means ill be working even longer days.... Though the cash money will be nice bonus. (light,seeds, Yay!)

out of curiousity, any lawyers or paralegals on here? Ive got a small claims judgement against a landlord who screwed us... Be nice to get my hands on that large chunk of change, but hes cleverly hid all of his assets under other family members or his corporation, so my limited amount of legal understanding is telling me i dont have anything to chase after... Frustrating.

Update
well my last update i moved everythig into the closet... And thats about all that has happened... Last pics i took were may 28 until this morning... Just started seeing some droop when i looked in at 345am.. Gave them droopers a cup or two of water to get them by till i get home tonight/lights turn on.

i have been tying down the clones in 5gal buckets, aiming to spread them out evenly. These will be the first 2 plants that go into the 4x4 to flower.

from my quick check this morning, it would appear my T5 has once again graced me with two female killer queens.. Long and lanky seems to be throwing out pistils and starting to alternate nodes... My double headed queen had a bit of a whoopsie... Fell over against the wall, got left there for a couple days... So she has kind of LST'd herself... Not a bad thing, but i like to let them grow naturally first so i can see what they look like structurally. I am thinking these will follow into flower next.

but alot can change jn the matter of a day! So we shall see where life takes us! Have a great one all!

Back
Top Bottom