Please get everyone to vote liberal for legalization in Canadian election

Did you make this picture? Or get it online? I was trying to find it on image search but no luck. I want to put the one without 420mag in corner on my Facebook. Could you pm me a link?

Thanks!

If you really want that pic without the logo I can fix it up and PM you a link to it at PostImage if you want OG. Even tho I am a staunch NDP supporter. :)

L8r

Now now boys, we all hate the current government and the two that have been royally screwing up this country for the last 50 years or so have both proven to be unworthy of our votes. It's time we give a 3rd party the chance to earn our trust or derision.

Harper has done more to tear apart the fabric of Canadian society since the last majority win than all the damage done in the last 10 elections regardless of who was running the show. Devastated environmental protections and lost 5000+ scientists doing incredible work that kept Canada in the lead and well respected in the science community. Driven large companies to seek greener pastures elsewhere like Mexico where Bombardier for one has beautiful new plant employing hundreds of people. Stripped all of us, whether we like pot or not, of our civil rights and is turning this country into a gulag.

Mr. Mulcair has publicly stated recently that he will move immediately to decriminalize personal possession of pot and look seriously at ways to tax and regulate. And sit down and talk about reversing past criminal sentences for personal use. Lots of stories on lots of news sites all about it.

I doubt very much that Justin will, or be able to, bring about legalization right away as there will be all sorts of opposition from the Liberal's corporate sponsors and many of the voter base are old school not yet ready to agree to full legalization.

I predict a New Democrat strong minority with the Liberals further behind but in a solid 2nd place and the Cons, (they really are cons), relegated to a small, insignificant, powerless 3rd like what happened here in Alberta. Only it was the WildRose party that got a crumby 5 seats to be the official opposition here.

So vote for either party as long as it's ABC!

L8r

Nice post OldMedUser and you're certainly right about anything other than Conservatives is sorely needed for this country.

But have you ever had the conviction your rotten luck had more to do with scheming than chance, that the dice were loaded? The reason I draw a parallel with how the Liberals trapped Canadians into buying services from a few monopolies and what's currently happening with cannabis is because the plots are identical. Then, this morning, I read this.

Conservatives and Liberals have a long history of screwing over the electorate and in Canada that means corporate welfare on the backs of every Canadian.

On a positive note, we are very lucky to have a viable third option. In saying that, I'm thinking of our American friends who've basically screwed themselves into a corner with a two party system.

I'm voting NDP, myself, both out of conviction and because they have the best chance of the two progressive parties of winning the riding I'm in. I'm also pleased that Mulcair has said that he will work in coalition with another party if it keeps power out of the Conservative's hands.

They're advocating decriminalization and study. Liberals are advocating legalization. Conservatives will keep it stupidly illegal.

Either of the main non-Con parties will do it for me on this issue :)

Happy to see harper is gone :cool:

It was funny to hear muclair claiming they were the best chance to beat Harper followed by a typical ndp loss.

Hopefully Trudeau will give us the legalization we want as well as create jobs and improve the economy.

Personally i think theyre gon a legalize it....but they will make you buy it from them... and if yiur caught growing or selling they will jail you even longer...and make the sentences more severe than ever

Cool. Mainwhile, cops raided a bunch of dispensaries in Vancouver yesterday. I don't know why -I think they're just trying to throw their weight around a bit and keep people from getting too uppity.

I know this is a old thread but here goes......where is this legalization? I think a lot of canadians forget or just plain dont know.....a deal was made back in the day with the UN that canada signed....in order for any legalization to happen in canada the UN will need to change its policies first....so you voted liberal for nothing :bravo:

The group that is supposed to be working on it , was told to find the best way to LEGALIZE marijuana. De- criminalization would be a slap in the face to me.

None of the big pharmas are going to give up market share willingly and are fighting cannabis legalisation. Government takes taxes and graft from big pharma so that tax base is not going to be eroded even if patients are improving their health with cannabis instead of killing themselves on opioids.

The currently dead Trudeau inflicted the National Energy Program (TAX Collection) on Canadians. We cannot expect any better from his spawn. And is big oil EVER going to give up the strangle hold on killer plastic bags and stand there smiling as hemp farmers produce bio-degradable plastic that does not pile up in heaps in the ocean killing Green Turtles and various other sea and bird life?

The one, the only reason marijuana is legalized is so it can be identified, registered and taxed to death. Keep government out of my life.
Happy Growing (more than 6 plants):420:

The one, the only reason marijuana is legalized is so it can be identified, registered and taxed to death.

I think it would be naive to hope for anything else/better.
But still- there's a relaxation around cannabis and it has fringe benefits like general paranoia reduction. Things are better for cannabis fans than they used to be. Whether or not I give a crap what the government does- I'm feeling more comfy running my grow than I was ten years ago.

I think it would be naive to hope for anything else/better.
But still- there's a relaxation around cannabis and it has fringe benefits like general paranoia reduction. Things are better for cannabis fans than they used to be. Whether or not I give a crap what the government does- I'm feeling more comfy running my grow than I was ten years ago.

I'm still more afraid of my parents showing up to my door saying, "What's in this room" than I am of the government.

Woohoooo legalization report is out:

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/3237304/Framework-for-the-Legalization-and-Regulation-of.pdf

Recommending 4 plants grown per residence. Seems reasonable so far.

Recommending four plants for NON-medicinal purposes!

Thinking I should go ahead and file for my medical grow now. Just wonder how it will work out once they actually do pass the legislation which could take years yet and may be in the hands of a different government by then.

This sitting on the fence is a hard balancing act. :)

Thanks for posting that OttawaGreen!

:peace:

Yes, if I wasn't clear that was four per residence for recreational. Medical is 5 per g per day prescription for indoor or 2 plants per g per day prescription outdoor.
Still fence sitting on trying to get my medical too.... Doesn't seem worth it now, but depends on how long this takes to implement.

Back
Top Bottom