Pookss's 2x4x6 High Brix Garden FT, Smurfzilla, Dark Plasma #9 & Cereal Milk

Re: the light watering between drenches - yes. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's a good idea to give them half as much water in between. If a 10 gallon pot takes 2 gallons to soak it, then give it 1 gallon after a couple days, and then drench to runoff on the drench days (I say drench but I mean even on the just water days). Mine tend to need water every 4 days, so I do an inbetween watering after 2 days. That also helps the rootball absorb the full drench when it comes - fewer dry pockets, less surface tension, etc. And especially in fabric and without any dunking, I'd be giving the blooming girls water in between, to keep the outsides moist.

Re: the light watering between drenches - yes. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's a good idea to give them half as much water in between. If a 10 gallon pot takes 2 gallons to soak it, then give it 1 gallon after a couple days, and then drench to runoff on the drench days (I say drench but I mean even on the just water days). Mine tend to need water every 4 days, so I do an inbetween watering after 2 days. That also helps the rootball absorb the full drench when it comes - fewer dry pockets, less surface tension, etc. And especially in fabric and without any dunking, I'd be giving the blooming girls water in between, to keep the outsides moist.

Thanks for he info. I haven’t been doing light waterings in between, I’ll start!

I’ve already wrapped the sides of the fabric pots with suran wrap. That’s helping, I assume.

Lots of learning with the kit :)

Picture update!! 4/23/19

Its been a while! Today marks day 30 of flower, and the smells are finally here <3 :slide:

Got back from vacation, I had the girls watched by someone without a green thumb and who has never grown. I had it set up for him to just need to water once and brix once. He did both without a flaw, easily with simple directions left by me. I honestly think ANYONE can use docs kit and have success. It's not only easier than most systems, but the damn results...

Before leaving for vacation I did a heavy defoliation to try and get some light to the fresh lowers. It seems to have worked out great and the girls are chugging along. No more leaves will be touched besides tucking.

Anyways, the ladies are finally starting to get unique smells! The resin production has started already. The Dark Plasma honestly seems to be a week ahead of the others. I know that vader runs it pretty much at 8 weeks. The other two are looking to be 10 weeks.

Right on track to get their first Cat Drench in a day or two. soil is still slightly heavy, I'm going to give them a small splash of water tonight just to moisten them up for the drench in 2-3 days. Thinking a 1/2 -1 Gallon each.

Lets get to it!

Cereal Milk- Was doing some leaf tucking and got to smell the beginnings of what these ladies will smell like. Cereal milk legitmatily smells like sweet cereal milk. Sugary. Lower resin production so far compared to the dark plasma. This was the girl that showed a MG deff, that is long gone by now. Shes beautiful.

Dark plasma- So far, shes been a treat. She veg'ed amazing, has nodes everywhere, stayed short, and is starting to flower like a beast. She smells like most cookies strains, really hoping the obiwan gas comes through like the resin production has. I have 2 more fem'ed seeds of this pheno, Might just run her again and keep a mother next run if the end result is killer.

Pictures don't do her justice... heres an attempt at a frost shot.

Smurfzilla- I seriously underestimated the stretch of the GG#4 genetics... She was easily a 200% stretcher. Currently the slowest it seems. She smells like fresh limes right now. No gas or stench, just fresh fruit. Do certain terpenes develop faster than others?

Sadly, I found one banana cluster starting to develop on the Smurfzilla lower branch near the front of the tent. I'm hoping its from the heavy defoliation i did before leaving. Ill be watching this one extremely close. I will cull it and reset the scrog if need be. Would be a shame.

edit: Just realized they probally wont even need the splash of water, They'll be getting a cat next!

Beautiful plants Pooks, they have that brixy shine going on.
Yes the terpenes will change as the plant matures.

Thanks alot neiko! they're performing nicely now! i'm overjoyed with docs system :thumb:

This run i'm super excited to see the difference in terpene strength, compaired to past grows. I'm also very excited to see what this first Cat drench will do.

Picture update coming today or tomorrow.

The girls got their first cat drench on the 24th. that would be day 31 of flower.

as of last night ,28th, they still seemed moist up top, didnt get any plain water.

It seems like the girls slowed down drinking all around, especially the dark plasma.

Should I just feed with cat drench and skip the light in between watering? Im scared that the best window for cat drench will slip if i do a super light water feed( to keep the top of the soil moist). My guess, without doing a light splash of water, the girls would be ready on the 1st of may for second drench.

1st drench- 24th - day 31 of flower

skip light watering

2nd drench- 1st-3rd - day 37-39 of flower

does that sound good?

really? regardless of soil moisture? the kit is teaching me so many things.

The pots feel extremely heavy still. even 5 days after the first cat.

Yeah for the most part, towards the end wgen they're drinking slower or if a strain drank slower there would be more days in between. That's a little odd that after 5 days they're still heavy. Give em a couple days. Looking forward to the pics!

Yeah for the most part, towards the end wgen they're drinking slower or if a strain drank slower there would be more days in between. That's a little odd that after 5 days they're still heavy. Give em a couple days. Looking forward to the pics!

I didn't know about the flower feedings. I knew that we weren't meant to let the soil dry out in between waterings for flower.

Im gonna smoke a joint and take some pictures/post, be back soon

In veg we let dry out, in flower we want soil always moist but not wet.

What size pots, 10s? How many days between feeds/water?

Yeah, I did that in veg, Just now see this for flowering.

Last time they got any water/feed was the 24th. 1st Cat drench given.

They were brix'ed yesterday before lights on.

10 Gallon fabric pots with plastic wrap along the sides

EDIT: Plants overall look killer, no complaints :D pics inc.

Decided to bust out the old dusty canon. Heres some random glamour shots. Ill try to keep them split up by strain.

Having a macro lens also shows how much random hairs are stuck to my plants... Fucking cats.

Day 36 of flower!

Dark Plasma #9

First photos over exposed. Still dig it.

She looks like she didn't like the heavy cat drench. (12ml per Gallon)

She has slightly burnt tips, the other two have less it appears. or im being OCD.

Smurfzilla

Cereal Milk

Shes starting to throw some nice purples :D

Regular picture update!

Day 36 of flower. Last feeding was the first cat drench on the 24th. Still seem fine on water, I've been advised to stick to feeding every 4-5 days.

Cereal milk- She starting to get some purple hues to her, doubt its from temps at all. Excited to see her develop more.

Dark plasma- Super frosty. Lover her. Smaller stretcher than the other 2.

Smurfzilla- Starting to really pack on frost. She deff has that high brix sheen to her.

she was a stretchy one.

CM - DP - SZ

Definately OCD, they all look fantastic, especially Dark Plasma, so frosty! 15ml may have been worse so glad you did 12. On the other 2, since they didn't get any yellow tips, it's probably safe to do the 15.

Really nice work! :high-five:
Thanks alot ween. Things look like there on track?

Do i recall correctly, when i say, that doc suggest running all strains longer than usual? i normally run my harvest later anyways as i like a sedative stone.

Subbed, though have to go back and read your pages and look at your pics.

On track for sure! It's hard to get many Amber trichs with the kit but I'm sure you can get enough for the high you like plus they will bulk up a lot!

Awesome to hear. I normally like a super stoned high. I’m sure this high brix harvest will be the tastiest harvest in a long time

Back
Top Bottom