Prof Goes Guerrilla Growing 2022

I thought they were more grey but you've worn seen them in person. Still, they wouldn't be white for long out there in the wilds! Or rub some dirt on the side of them. :)
If I order some more now then they should be here for the start of the next grow season. £1 from Wish baby!

Time to clean out the vape and then a little update....
IMG_20220425_104104_copy_1920x1440.jpg
IMG_20220425_104156_copy_1920x1440.jpg
IMG_20220425_104235_copy_1440x1920.jpg
IMG_20220425_104320_copy_1440x1920.jpg
IMG_20220425_104405_copy_1440x1920.jpg
IMG_20220425_104454_copy_1440x1920.jpg

Well that's woke me up a bit. Here's what's brewing in the little veg tent....
IMG_20220527_091249_copy_6000x4500.jpg

So it turns out that the four plants in each corner won't be going outside after all. They have a different future now but more on that later. That leaves us with five WSE strains as the Original Glue didn't germinate for some reason and the two Frisian plants from Dutch Passion. I might be able to make some more clones but I'm not sure if I need to. I probably will simply put of boredom lol. The five WSE plants are Godfather OG, StarDawg, Fruity Pebbles, Chiquita Banana and Sirius Black. I didn't realize it at the time of purchase that the Sirius Black doesn't have a great humidity resistance so I probably won't take any cuttings from that one but she does sound pretty awesome. The Stardawg is growing the best so perhaps that one would be a better option. The Chiquita Banana is the smallest but they've not had the best love and attention to be honest. I'll give them a few more days and then they can be topped....
IMG_20220527_095241_copy_6000x4500.jpg
IMG_20220527_095247_copy_6000x4500.jpg
IMG_20220527_095259_copy_6000x4500.jpg

Happy growing everyone.
:passitleft:

Happy Father’s Day Prof! I hope you have a nice relaxing day, full of vape hits and love. :volcano-smiley::love:
Thanks, HH. It was a nice day. There was plenty of vapes though very few days are relaxing anymore lol.

Hey 420, hope all is well in the community.

Well, we have put out the final plants for this year so it's just a case of keeping those fingers crossed and hoping that some of them survive until the trichs show up. By my count we have/had 14 plants outdoors which is only about half of what I thought I could have gotten away with. The problem is that guerrilla growing is hard work and as the year has gone on it's only gotten harder. Some of the plants are hidden behind huge walls of brambles and ferns and the temperature is not in my favour. Climbing to some of the places that I have used is incredibly hard work and next year I'll rethink a few things. Parhaps doing less but looking after them more would be a better idea. Also I'm taking notes on how the environment changes over the course of the seasons. Starting later in the year is probably a better idea and I don't think I have to go quite as far off the beaten track to be safe.

The final plants to go out were the five from WSE. Godfather OG, StarDawg, Fruity Pebbles, Chiquita Banana and Sirius Black....
IMG_20220609_101123_copy_6000x4500.jpg

They weren't very big and could have probably gone out a week later but I can only do things in short windows of time.
These plants went out in the worst place yet and by worse I mean difficult to get to. When I was setting them out I nearly got discovered by some council workers who were doing some maintenance work on a path below where these are. I had to hide in a bush for about 20 mins before I lost my patience and decided to climb up the hill and escape. The hill was incredibly steep and about 200-300 meters tall lol. I thought I was going to have a heart attack by the time I got to the top lol. Guerrilla growing isn't for everyone.
I'm happy that everything is out now so no more carrying silly things up and down steep hills anymore. Well, there's still the odd visit for extra nutrients but that's not too bad if I go slowly.

The pics are a bit like spot the ganja but they are there. Theres two in this pic....
IMG_20220609_110009_copy_6000x4500.jpg

Here's another....
IMG_20220609_110014_copy_6000x4500.jpg

And another....
IMG_20220609_110018_copy_6000x4500.jpg

And the final one which I think is a Stardawg....
IMG_20220609_110025_copy_6000x4500.jpg

They got a bit smashed up in transit but they should be fine. I tried to hide them by burying them with surrounding plants and have sprayed them with neem and chilli this time.

So how are the others doing? Well, ok I guess. The good Wedding Cake x Guicy Banger looks alright but I'm sure she has some rot on her main stem. Being an indoor grower I rarely see mould before flowering but it can happen. Hopefully she'll be alright as there's not much I can do about that....
IMG_20220609_113032~2_copy_6000x4500.jpg

The Godfather OG from WSE is pretty solid. I think this one will do the best if any are to survive....
IMG_20220609_113039_copy_6000x4500.jpg

The second WW X GB is so crappy looking that I didn't take a pic of her however I was nicely surprised to see the Black Banana TK doing ok after being ripped from the ground....
IMG_20220609_113048_copy_6000x4500.jpg

The two Dutch Passion strains got munched pretty badly. The Duck was completely destroyed but the Dew fought on and recovered to a degree. Perhaps she'll make....
IMG_20220609_114552_copy_6000x4500.jpg

And finally we have the autos. Now, the autos have struggled the most as they need to go out earlier than the photos but these have survived until the flowers started to develop. They still look really bad but it's something lol. I got a pic of one of them but the other two are lost to the brambles and I can just about see them. All 3 have been badly chomped on but there's a chance that they'll give us something soon even if it is just a little sample. They could go mouldy though they are meant to be excellent in humid conditions. We'll see....
IMG_20220609_115338_copy_6000x4500.jpg

It is worth mentioning that all of this happend last week so things could have changed by now.

Also I have another project on the go but that's another story altogether. Mars Hydro FC4800 Showcase.

Happy growing everyone.

Crazy experiment and I'm surprised you don't come home looking like something from a Peaky Blinders episode with all the brambles you hike through!
I usually come home looking like Worzle Gummidge.
Nice to see some are still hanging around after all the work you've put
I'm determined to get something from this and I'm even thinking about the next season already. Hopefully I'll have learnt enough to make it a bit easier next time.

Ain't guerilla growing a hoot? Those long hikes through the scrub oak, carrying water...dodging deer hunters...heart pounding as you creep out of the bushes with a knapsack full of buds....
But Prof, I hate to break the news, but Tabasco has vinegar in it, which is an excellent herbicide. I'd forget the pepper spray and do like Shed said, and wait until they are bigger before planting out. Your worst enemy is deer, so surround each plant with rusty chicken wire. It's invisible, and it's easy to fold up a big piece and carry. Peg it tight to the ground and it'll keep rabbits and woodchucks and 'edge 'ogs out too. It's also handy to tie branches to. Gotta be rusty though, or it's real obvious.
Watching you takes me back to my younger days ("aww Grandpa, give it up...") ok I'll shut up now.

^ I use bird mesh panted black and dark green, instead of rusty. If you prep up and leave outside for a few weeks during the winter the sheen fades.

I use flat finish, but weathered is still better.

You can trek a bunch in easily in a single journey. Cut the required amount. Stack on top of one another. Use 1 zip tie in the corner to hold them all together.

Then roll into a cylinder. Use 1 more zip tie, or piece of tie wire to hold them together. When you carry in, use the two end holes to carry with both arms, or tuck under one arm for tight spots.

Use zip ties, 3 for each to construct. 1 at top, middle, bottom. Cut tags.

If you have large herbivore issues like deer, zip to small trees, branches. A bit of recon goes a long way.

In my later grows I added supports using concrete reo rod, and square cut tops with tie wire.

You can get the operation down to :
Mesh
Zips/tie wire
Pliers/scissors/boxcutter

I would recommend pots too, easy to move if its a bad spot, or you want to follow the suns path as the season goes longer. I camo spray mine. Converted a couple of handled buckets, made lifting out of cages simple.

Just suggestions mate. Im already prepping this winter for a bigger outdoors, more elaborate, Ill tag you in if you want to have a look once Im out of mid winter and into early spring.

Ain't guerilla growing a hoot?
Lol. Indeed it is. It does annoy my when I open my kitchen closet and see the 6 grow lights just sat there collecting dust.
But Prof, I hate to break the news, but Tabasco has vinegar in it, which is an excellent herbicide.
Well, that's a tough lesson lol. Some of the plants seem to have handled it but everyday is a school day. I'll stop with that now then.
Your worst enemy is deer, so surround each plant with rusty chicken wire. It's invisible, and it's easy to fold up a big piece and carry. Peg it tight to the ground and it'll keep rabbits and woodchucks and 'edge 'ogs out too.
We have goats here as well but there has just been a large cull. You're right about the deer though. I see them almost every time I go to check on the plants. Next year I'll focus on protection a bit more. It's raining today but as soon as it stops I'll go out and see if there is anything left to save. Perhaps it's not too late to put up some kind of covering.
Watching you takes me back to my younger days ("aww Grandpa, give it up...") ok I'll shut up now.
Lol. Don't shut up or I might have continued to use vinegar on my plants.

Welcome to the journal by the way.
^ I use bird mesh panted black and dark green, instead of rusty. If you prep up and leave outside for a few weeks during the winter the sheen fades.

I use flat finish, but weathered is still better.

You can trek a bunch in easily in a single journey. Cut the required amount. Stack on top of one another. Use 1 zip tie in the corner to hold them all together.

Then roll into a cylinder. Use 1 more zip tie, or piece of tie wire to hold them together. When you carry in, use the two end holes to carry with both arms, or tuck under one arm for tight spots.

Use zip ties, 3 for each to construct. 1 at top, middle, bottom. Cut tags.

If you have large herbivore issues like deer, zip to small trees, branches. A bit of recon goes a long way.

In my later grows I added supports using concrete reo rod, and square cut tops with tie wire.

You can get the operation down to :
Mesh
Zips/tie wire
Pliers/scissors/boxcutter

I would recommend pots too, easy to move if its a bad spot, or you want to follow the suns path as the season goes longer. I camo spray mine. Converted a couple of handled buckets, made lifting out of cages simple.

Just suggestions mate. Im already prepping this winter for a bigger outdoors, more elaborate, Ill tag you in if you want to have a look once Im out of mid winter and into early spring.
Thanks for the sound advice. This year was one of those dipping your toes in to the water kinda things. I knew that it would be tough and didn't expect much from it. I have been taking notes though and with advice like what you have just given me I should be a bit more prepared. I like the idea of using pots so that plants can be moved. There are a few of my plants which I think will end up being in the shade later in the season. Something which is easy to miss when you plant out in the summer. It appeared to be full sun in may, will the sun still be there in August? I really hope so lol.
Thanks DVS.

Back
Top Bottom