Prof Goes Guerrilla Growing 2022

As you probably know by now, I'm a bit younger than you but I discovered that tape in France on a road trip in the early 2000's. I was really high and very drunk on (you guessed it) wine. I was listening to it at 3am in a car and in it drained the battery lol.

I'd say they sure don't, but then I'd sound like an old man shouting get off my lawn. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I'm imagining all the kids getting selfies with your shrubs.
"Get off my lawn! But before you go have you ever heard of "schlepping"?"

My father used to keep parrots and their bird feed always contained chilli's which we would eat when we were kids lol. The African grey's loved eating chilli's and would often eat them first before any of the other seeds in the mix
So maybe the birds can taste it and like it! The rodents definitely don't though, so that part is still accurate.

Cheers, N.

It was fun but we had a couple more plants hit by the critters. Here was the first one I found....
IMG_20220408_115218.jpg

The second fared a little better but still a mortal wound....
IMG_20220408_115253.jpg

The third however is still going strong....
IMG_20220408_115307.jpg

Not a great start but at least I've learnt something. The younger plants will need some protection and I'm leaning towards the pepper spray method. The next seedlings will be ready to go out soon and I'll use this location again as it's quiet but I need to be a little more prepared. I will spray the photo plants as well as on my walk I saw quite a lot of deer loitering about.
I've been reading alot to do one myself after I find the spot but what I been seeing is people using them tree support cages or bottles to stop getting eaten whilst there young just a idea mate

So maybe the birds can taste it and like it! The rodents definitely don't though, so that part is still accurate.
The reason birds can't feel the effects of capsaicin is so that they can eat the seeds and then distribute them in their droppings. There is evidence though that suggests that they love the taste of chillis.
I've been reading alot to do one myself after I find the spot but what I been seeing is people using them tree support cages or bottles to stop getting eaten whilst there young just a idea mate
Hey Ljb1.

It'll likely be what I go with next. I went out today and found a massive rabbit not far from my crops!

Hey all.

So today the kids went back to school after the 2 week Easter holiday. Sound trumpets! Hooray!

The first thing I did was get my green ranger costume out and get these photo plants out of my house. I'm happy to see the back of these 4 lol....
IMG_20220425_091753.jpg

They look a bit shabby but are ok. I would have had to trim them up again if I didn't get them out soon.

The Wedding Cake x Guicy Bangers. Ones squat and ones tall. Both are vigorous and easy to grow....
IMG_20220425_091818.jpg
IMG_20220425_091807.jpg

The Godfather OG from WSE. Fast growing and easy going. I really want to see this one make it....
IMG_20220425_091833.jpg

Black Banana TK. This plant is very slow growing compared to the rest but that might not be such a bad thing. It also doesn't like to clone as both attempts I made failed. If this one is like the last one she could be the best of them all at the end....
IMG_20220425_091845.jpg

So my first job was to get them to the secret grow location. Little problem though....
IMG_20220425_092801.jpg

They got a little tall lol. The small ones went into a bag and those two I folded up and put in my rucksack lol. I then had to casually head out to my spot which took some time as this new location is in a much harder place to get to. That's where I saw the mega-rabbit! We scaled the side of a cliff and crawled through some brambles and here we are....
IMG_20220425_094712.jpg

I had to leave the plants there and will go out later with the planting equipment as there is just too much to carry in one go. Later I'll bring out the soil, chilli spray, trowel, axe, slow release nutrients and some water with a bit of MC mixed in. First though it's time for a coffee and a vape.

Catch you soon.

Hey all.

So today the kids went back to school after the 2 week Easter holiday. Sound trumpets! Hooray!

The first thing I did was get my green ranger costume out and get these photo plants out of my house. I'm happy to see the back of these 4 lol....
IMG_20220425_091753.jpg

They look a bit shabby but are ok. I would have had to trim them up again if I didn't get them out soon.

The Wedding Cake x Guicy Bangers. Ones squat and ones tall. Both are vigorous and easy to grow....
IMG_20220425_091818.jpg
IMG_20220425_091807.jpg

The Godfather OG from WSE. Fast growing and easy going. I really want to see this one make it....
IMG_20220425_091833.jpg

Black Banana TK. This plant is very slow growing compared to the rest but that might not be such a bad thing. It also doesn't like to clone as both attempts I made failed. If this one is like the last one she could be the best of them all at the end....
IMG_20220425_091845.jpg

So my first job was to get them to the secret grow location. Little problem though....
IMG_20220425_092801.jpg

They got a little tall lol. The small ones went into a bag and those two I folded up and put in my rucksack lol. I then had to casually head out to my spot which took some time as this new location is in a much harder place to get to. That's where I saw the mega-rabbit! We scaled the side of a cliff and crawled through some brambles and here we are....
IMG_20220425_094712.jpg

I had to leave the plants there and will go out later with the planting equipment as there is just too much to carry in one go. Later I'll bring out the soil, chilli spray, trowel, axe, slow release nutrients and some water with a bit of MC mixed in. First though it's time for a coffee and a vape.

Catch you soon.
Dig a hole for water aswell mate save u taking water

Dig a hole for water aswell mate save u taking water
Do you mean a well? Could be tricky as the plants are at the top of a rocky hilltop and there are no streams. Leaving some buckets to catch rainwater could work though.

Hey all. The deed is done! The photos are in the ground on a sunny hillside that is a pain to get to....
IMG_20220425_124102.jpg
IMG_20220425_124054.jpg
IMG_20220425_124048.jpg
IMG_20220425_124045.jpg

These plants aren't as close to each other than the previous plants. They are in a much better place as well though getting pics will be a pain. I will only come out here every couple of weeks or so maybe only monthly as it is that much of a pain in the ass.
They've been sprayed with chilli and are much less fragile feeling than the autos though we'll see what ol' mutha nature thinks about that. Fingers crossed for the ladies!

As it was such a nice day I thought I'd go and see how the auto were doing. They are still alive!....
IMG_20220425_125929_copy_4500x6000.jpg
IMG_20220425_125936_copy_6000x4500.jpg
IMG_20220425_125941_copy_6000x4500.jpg
IMG_20220425_125949_copy_6000x4500.jpg
IMG_20220425_125953_copy_6000x4500.jpg

I gave these another spray with the chilli, what's left of them that is. One is doing ok and the rest are looking a bit sorry for themselves. We only need one good one I suppose lol. It'll be time to sink some more auto seeds soon I think.

I can't even imagine how difficult a grow this guerilla grow is going to be.

Can you cage your plants with green stakes/netting somehow to protect them? Or what about spraying them with Neem?

Do you mean a well? Could be tricky as the plants are at the top of a rocky hilltop and there are no streams. Leaving some buckets to catch rainwater could work though.
I would think an open bucket to collect rain water isn't going to help much as you'd only get about a 12" collection area. But what about some sort of ground cover like a small tarp or garbage bag to increase the collection surface area and somehow funnel that to the base of your plants?

Ook (nice guerilla work!)
Good to see new growth on the autos.

Can you cage your plants with green stakes/netting somehow to protect them? Or what about spraying them with Neem?

It’s a nail-biter isn’t it? :rofl: too fun

Lol, it's both physically and mentally difficult not to mention nerve wracking as it feels a bit like being in a horror movie. I'm always looking over my shoulder and pausing to listen for voices or footsteps throughout the woods lol. The plants are in a location where I can't go to them at night because it's dangerous and exposed. People would see the flashlights on the side of the hill so I have to go there during the day and it's really busy with walkers both local and tourists. I would have to say that guerilla growing whilst fun is a tough way of securing some cannabis. I'll probably be a bit fitter by the end of the season though.

As for the protection, small cages or pipes will be my next port of call. Also I have found another location I might try out with a single plant. The vegetation is different there and it might help with disguising the plants from the rabbits. It's not quite as well hidden though which is why I'm only going to try it with the one plant.
Is neem anymore effective than pepper spray? If so then I'll certainly try it.
I would think an open bucket to collect rain water isn't going to help much as you'd only get about a 12" collection area. But what about some sort of ground cover like a small tarp or garbage bag to increase the collection surface area and somehow funnel that to the base of your plants?
Watering is something I wasn't sure about at the beginning of this. Do plants really even need watering once they become established? I mean in the UK of course which is these are. I mean, nothing else around here is getting watered and it's all growing fine. I'll certainly be coming by every now and then with some extra liquid nutrients but would they need the constant watering that is required with indoor plants in pots? I had an outdoor plant in a pot last year that made it through the entire flowering period without needing to be watered once. The rain was enough and all I did was water it with some nutrients a couple of times. It was small for the pot size though but it was happy. As for tarps and things like that, it's just too noticeable. If I could show you where they were you'd understand what I mean. I'm just hoping that it rains once every two weeks from now until November lol.
Ook (nice guerilla work!)
Good to see new growth on the autos.
Thanks, DD!

Being a CannaGuerrilla is quite enjoyable. The only thing that concerns me is that I won't have any weed at the end of the season lol. It's a very real possibility and that's why I'm going mental with it and will just keep putting plants out until July in the hopes that something slips through. I have a good feeling about the new Dutch Passion seeds which where just dropped. They should be breaking the surface and time now and should provide us with something tough to add to the party.

Yeah hole To Catch the rain water mate it fill up after a good rain think I found my spot today guna keep walking it make sure noone eyes walking by before I plant

Back
Top Bottom