ProfessorFlora's 10 Strain 200W LED Organic Soil Grow

:rip: lil HH
Dealers choice Prof, although big HH (me) is a cat lover, so I would not be upset if she was able to bring the cat a little piece of happiness. :ciao: Buh-bye lil HH
Cat it is! Now I just have to find it. OEDIPUS! OEDIPUS! Where are you?!

Some good news for today is that the Hashplant D clones are finally shooting out some roots. Not a moment too soon either by the look of it. One of them is still to show any but 3 are on their way now. I should be able to get them into soil before next weekend....
ORG_DSC09578.JPG
ORG_DSC09579.JPG
ORG_DSC09582.JPG

Some more bad news though before we get too excited is that both of the Kilimanjaro seeds never popped. The Crumbled Lime's from Karma Squad both germinated really quickly and both of the Kilimanjaro from World of Seeds didn't germinate at all. Maybe it was a good thing as it means less work for me
:passitleft:

One little root, again. Check the missus with the pregnancy test!
Did you watch it back in the golden days with Barry and Janine?
Before and after! Barry...dead, Arthur...dead, the pub...destroyed by fire at least 2 or 3 x!
Shed (you) could be Kenneth Williams
The young version I hope :).
I'll put that on Shed's list of movies to watch.
Ha...seen it! It's British ain'it?
I've heard that his list of movies to watch is quite extensive.
I actually think it's just two.
I wish I didn't have to describe it at all!
You're not alone.

Before and after! Barry...dead, Arthur...dead, the pub...destroyed by fire at least 2 or 3 x!
Pubs in British soap operas are some of the most dangerous places on earth. Especially at Christmas! A train has been known to crash through the roof on occasions.
The young version I hope
What we talking here? 9? Older?
Ha...seen it! It's British ain'it?
Wow! Wasn't expecting you to have seen that one for some reason. Yep. British movie with Simon Pegg. One of my favs
I actually think it's just two.
Titanic?

Hey 420! It's a lovely day for a change so I thought I'd get busy and do some stuff in the grow room. I thought that it be safe now to start work on the Exotic Genetix strains....
ORG_DSC09590.JPG

Initiate Miniaturisation....
ORG_DSC09591.JPG

I'll be doing the same thing I did to the Hashplant D's and aim to keep 4 growth tips per plant....
ORG_DSC09592.JPG
ORG_DSC09593.JPG
ORG_DSC09594.JPG

I tidied up the Purple Trainwreck while I was here....
ORG_DSC09595.JPG

@multiVortex i got some sand....
ORG_DSC09610.JPG

I removed about a centimetre from the top of each pot and topped them up with some fine sand....
ORG_DSC09611.JPG
ORG_DSC09612.JPG

I think they look pretty good....
ORG_DSC09613.JPG

Hashplant D's Flowering Day 19....

I thought we could have a little look at how these are recovering from the defol they received the other day. The leaves are returning as expected and we have some budsites developing in the top of all of the plants. It looks like a couple are showing that very early frost setting in. Hope so. I have my eye on HPD#4 who isn't quite as large as some but has a good look and some early flowers beginning to appear. Also there is a smell already. I have a feeling that it's going to get greasy in here. I've given them all a good look over and can't find anymore pollen sacks. Hopefully I'll be let off lightly for my mistake and we won't see anymore. The plants are healthy and growing well and other than the early sacks we haven't had a single issue since the flip. It doesn't look like they'll get much taller so I'll drop the lights down a little and bend the branches down to expose the lowers. These are great plants for sea of green growing. I reckon I could get 3 more of this size in there without too much fuss and really get my money's worth. That'll come after I've found some mothers which I'm happy with....
ORG_DSC09616.JPG
ORG_DSC09617.JPG
ORG_DSC09618.JPG
ORG_DSC09619.JPG
ORG_DSC09620.JPG
ORG_DSC09622.JPG
ORG_DSC09623.JPG

Here's that bloody red light on the extension lead. It's quite bright. The Hashplant D's shared a dark room with this for more than a week. Seems likely that it was the cause of the pollen sacks....
ORG_DSC09650.JPG

That is bright!
Which one? The Fat Purple or the Pineapple Express? The FP is bleeding purple down her leaves. I've had some bright and colourful Autos before but this is definitely the most purple photo stain I've ever grown. The PE is really bright and lightly coloured. I'm sure that it's light burn but she's s far away from the light. Maybe she's really sensitive

Hey 420! I have a few updates coming up this evening. Most things are doing well in this thread at the moment. The fungus gnats are back in the veg cupboard but other than that we are doing well. I'm getting everything ready for the shutdown in early March and also planning my next journal in which well be focusing on going eco and tiny. I'll be reducing everything except the plant count which surprisingly I'll be increasing. I'll be focusing on obtaining high GPW using low wattage lighting. The whole grow room will be working off just 500w of lighting spread over 3 tents. The veg tent will have the 100w 7000k floodlight, the 2ft x 2.5ft tent will have the 100w quantum board and the 2ft x 4ft ten tent will have the 200w COB LED's. I'll be attempting to break some personal records whilst keeping things miniature. We'll be cycling through the mothers as well as growing out some new strains which could potentially become mothers. I'll be working in a much smaller and more claustrophobic environment which is how it all began for me. The luxury of being able to walk 3 steps before opening another tent is over so I'm going to have to reduce my equipment otherwise it'll be like growing in a store room. Good opportunity for a bit of a throw out and a chance to get everything in order again. I'll still be experimenting with ideas and hopefully I can bring something new and interesting to the table. I'm looking forward to this. Right. Time for some updates! First up we have....

Wilma Grow Flowering Day 23....

Hey 420! It's me again! @InTheShed I remember you asking me as a kind of a joke about what the benefits of using the Wilma system actually were. Well to be honest I can't believe how well these plants are doing now after what they looked like 3 weeks ago. They're better than many plants that I've grown which I'd call a success. Just imagine how they would have looked if they had been of a good size and growing healthily when flowered. The Purple Trainwreck had almost no growth tips when I flowered them and now she's almost impressive. Scratch that. She is impressive! I promise that I'll do a good grow using the system at some point in the near future. Here's what we have today though. These plants are chilling whilst sipping on some MegaCrop at the wrong amount of 7g per gallon. They look happy though. MegaCrop must be pretty forgiving as I've been feeding all of my flowering plants at that amount since I started using MegaCrop lol. Most of them didn't even have any burnt tips for most of their lives. The Ayahuasca Purple for example was stunning the entire time during flower. Then there was the Purple Punch. Can't win them all I guess. I'm pretty happy with these for what stage they're at. The Pineapple Express is flying and I did the total Professor thing and gave away the mother. He should be putting his into flower by now. Actually while I'm on this point you'll never believe what he did. He rinced all the soil of the the root ball and stuck it in a DWC pot. With great success! That plant had a solid rootball when I checked just before I gave it to him. As we say in the uk, hats off to him lol. Crazy bastard. Anyway, he's going to be shocked when he sees how fast and strong this plant is. The Fat Purple is still doing its thing which is bleeding a wonderful colour down it leaves. Such a beautiful plant. I feel happy and lucky to have such a pretty lady. She's not passed all of the tests quite yet though and it all comes down to the smoke at the end. No point having a beautiful but terrible tasting strain. Potency will also be a deciding factor as I need my meds to have a kick. I can't grade her on yield though as I had a bad start and didn't get the structure I needed before flower. I've not actually given any of these a sniff yet but the tent smells pretty good when you open it up. I've opened up lil HH and given her a check for more pollen sacks. I found 5 more so she's definitely not a keeper which is a shame but these things happen. Also I don't like her structure quite as much as the rest as she is leafy and a bit wild. So far out of these four my favourite in terms of vigour and growth is the Purple Trainwreck. She just wants to grow flat. Her canopy is naturally table top like and will make for some seriously easy training. Things could easily change but so far she screams keeper. Again though, it's all about the end. That's enough for this one, here's what we have today. Apologies for the blue pics. Bloody camera!....
ORG_DSC09694.JPG
ORG_DSC09695.JPG

Purple Trainwreck....
ORG_DSC09696.JPG
ORG_DSC09697.JPG

Pineapple Express....
ORG_DSC09698.JPG
ORG_DSC09699.JPG

Fat Purple....
ORG_DSC09700.JPG
ORG_DSC09701.JPG

Lil HH (Black Kush)....
ORG_DSC09702.JPG
ORG_DSC09703.JPG

Amazing turnaround on these Professor! You sorted them out just in time... :welldone:

I remember the old days of your low watt high return grows, so it will be fun to see you do it again after all you've gone through since then.

Reave took a soil plant, rinsed the roots, and stuck in in DWC and it also turned out great. It works!
Thank you very much Mr Shed. I'll be going back to the sea of green method for a little while. I've done a few larger plants recently and decided that I'd like to go back to multiple smaller plants. The Tropicanna Banana hit home when she hermied as I definitely lost a very good amount of bud which the Dos Si Dos won't make up for. It's the old "eggs in one basket" thing which causes me pause for thought. I can tell you what the first round will be now though. In the smaller tent we'll be having another multi strain single pot grow which will be the final Barneys grow and in the 2x4 well be doing the rest of the currently undetermined regular strains. That's the Exotic Genetix and the 2 Crumbled Lime's. We may see some come out as male before then which I'd like as there will 9 plants in the tent to begin with otherwise. You know that I don't like 9 unless it's in a square grid. In this tent it's 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2 or just one please lol. Brains are funny things.

Hashplant D's Flowering Day 23....

This is more like how I'll be growing in the future just not 7. Most popular number in the world apparently. Not in my world. These are all doing pretty well and there's still not a lot between them. My favourite is now number 4 which I still have a clone of thankfully. She's the most frosty and possibly the most advanced. It's hard to say at the moment. I've removed a few more leaves since my last update and will remove a few more soon as they are growing so well. It doesn't appear that the red light incident has caused too much of an issue but I'm not quite relaxed yet. I've had a bad month regarding hermies. So much so that I've been questioning my abilities but I can't link the separate accounts leaving me to believe that for the most part it's just been bad luck. Lil HH can't have been linked to what happened to the Tropicanna Banana which can't be linked to the Hashplant D's. It seems like misfortune which can happpen when you have a lot of strains on the go. The HPD's are all on 7g of MegaCrop and look good for it. When I can find some time I need to open these up just a little as there's lower growth which will benefit from the extra light. There's not long left before the window of opportunity passes so I best get my ass in gear. These plants are short so the lowers have the chance of being nearly as good as the higher buds if they can be opened up soon. I'm beginning to get that familiar smell come through. There's definitely some chem in here. I just have a good feeling about these. So far so good....
ORG_DSC09704.JPG
ORG_DSC09705.JPG

This is my favourite HPD #4....
ORG_DSC09706.JPG

Some others....
ORG_DSC09707.JPG
ORG_DSC09708.JPG
ORG_DSC09709.JPG
ORG_DSC09710.JPG

The Veg Cupboard....

It's changed a little in here as I've removed the clones from the aeroponic propagator and put them into soil. There's an experiment amongst these as one of them doesn't have any roots at all. Hashplant D #7 does not want to root and I'm not keeping that big hunk of equipment going for just one clone. If it turns out that she's the one I really want to keep then there is always a chance for a re-veg. That goes for any of the ones I don't have the clones for. The other 3 are fine and have enough roots to now begin taking on nutrients. They should start to grow over the next couple days.....
ORG_DSC09711.JPG
ORG_DSC09714.JPG
ORG_DSC09715.JPG

Back
Top Bottom